• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

people are /still/ complaining about "bad" pokemon designs? come on gen 4 has been out since 2006 why is this still a big deal?

It's not a big deal. Pokemon as a whole is not a big deal. Basically, this would only be a big deal to you, if Pokemon, and what people say about their DESIGNS was that big of a deal. To you. :P

To me it isn't, so obviously, what I'm saying is nothing but a cheap expression of what I think of a videogame. I'm just expressing what this topic asks me to express. Come on, what's the big deal about thinking Pokemon designs aren't good, would be a better question.

And I'm not 'people'. :P

Last edited:
If you don't like the word robots that much then I have no problem with taking it back. I can use ugly instead.

You should probably decide which word you want to use. The two words mean entirely different things. If you're saying that they look ugly, then we understand, but robots doesn't really work well.

But still, why are we arguing about Gen III and IV in a thread about Gen. V?

You should probably decide which word you want to use. The two words mean entirely different things. If you're saying that they look ugly, then we understand, but robots doesn't really work well.

But still, why are we arguing about Gen III and IV in a thread about Gen. V?

To me, they happen to be ugly because they look like robots so yes. I can use both after all. People would argue but if you compare the legendaries for an example, to the ones on the older games. How they are too detailed, imo, pretty robot-ic if you ask me. You can't go and say "No, they don't look like robots" to someone with a whole argument because obviously, it depends on the persons' point of view. It isn't a matter of fact. If I thought they look like robots, or even anything else that's somewhat irrelevant to you. So be it.

I just didn't think there would be such a high level of defensiveness over opinions towards 'Pokemon designs' in this topic, should've known better :P

*REVIVAL!*

I also want a female Professooor. ;-; I guess if they did they'd have a... 'feminine' sounding kinda plant, like with Ivy, so maybe... Professor Willow?

They haven't done a region based on Shikoku yet, have they? I think it would be nice if they made the region a bit differently from the others -- like how Hoenn was very water-based. I think Shikoku is pretty mountainous, and I've always wanted a more mountain-based region (...not including Sinnoh, which imo sucked a bit).

And also, more original starters please! Chimchar felt way too similar to Mankey, and Infernape was just like Blaziken but much, much less cool. Plus, Piplup was annoying as we've already had a bird-like starter. And Turtwig? Pretty much Bulbasaur, but again, less cool. It might just be because I'm a huge 3rd gen fan, but I thought Hoenn's starters were the best because they were more unique; Johto's weren't bad, either. Maybe some type of lizard for fire (not like the Charmander line, which obviously became more dragon-like), and for the love of God, PLEASE NO MORE STARTERS WITH FIRE ON THEIR ARSES/IN PLACE OF TAILS. If they had a lizard starter, they could make it obviously different from the Charmander line by putting more focus on fire-breathing.

Maybe it would be possible for... Two save slots!!!
Maybe more moves that work in the field... there's tonnes of moves that COULD feasibly be used as field moves.

A more competent storyline, existing beyond that of "being the very best, like no one ever was". And I must object, since this goal was already achieved by the original testers of the game and as they played through it.

I would, in all honesty, appreciate a game that does not follow the direct norm, at least in narrative, plot, and character development, of a general mainstream Pokemon game. Granted, these changes may be radical, however at the same time I wish for Game Freak to not diverge from the normal formula and create something else entirely in the vein of Colosseum/XD/Pokemon Ranger.

It would be nice to see a 'split' storyline. For example, different events occur depending on what I do (maybe, in which order I fight a legendary trio). And I'm not talking about some lame change in conversation. I mean actual events turning out differently. Of course, it's unlikely to happen...

New type combinations, mainly. Maybe Dark-Dragon? Or some ??? pokemon. That would be an interesting change. Very interesting. A new eevee evolution or two. New moves. More contests. More plotline. Interesting legends. Two rivals again, I liked that.

This thread is kinda dead, but...

I'd like to see phases of the moon incorporated into the games. I believe it wouldn't be hard to make them based on the dates on the DS since they're able to have "diamond dust" on a specific date and have Drifloon only appear on Fridays. The purpose would be to have Pokemon only appear or evolve during certain phases of the moon (werewolf Pokemon, anyone). Maybe throw in an event with a lunar eclipse as well.

And bring back tides. If they were able to do it in the Shoal Cave, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it with routes next to the ocean. There are plenty of Pokemon that would appear only at low tide: Krabby, Staryu, Octillery, Shellder, etc.

ゼニガメ26;383695 said:
And bring back tides. If they were able to do it in the Shoal Cave, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it with routes next to the ocean. There are plenty of Pokemon that would appear only at low tide: Krabby, Staryu, Octillery, Shellder, etc.

I think they kind of tried to do that in HG/SS at the Lake of Rage, but that would be a great idea if they did that with all of the beaches.

-New secret base system
-Dive,all current hms and something new like dig
-New flyig system
-Going underground with dig
-Weather moves working in field
-Wild pokemon apearing in overworld
-Trainers with pokemons behind them
-Dark type gym
-Rse contests with more move combos, dressing up stays and hgss pokethlos, but with pennant capture less annyoing
-A game with no luck in place of game corner, and buying coins
-At least 100 new pokemons
-Castform new form changes
-New shellos
-Evolution of pokemons like durnspace
-Tide system, and more other things like seasons, random weather, puddles of water in rain, and more moves useable in field
-No more new berries, berry patches on ground but getting calls whenever one needs water
-Gabby and Ty-like trainers
-Rse and Frlg remakes
-Pokegear/Pokenav/Poketech/Pokedex/Fame checker mix. Calls of many people, you can arrange rematches with each trainer every hour, pokedex with much info, notepad,weakness checker,friendship checker,pokeradar checker, a really nice map, info about trainers, some gimmicks,portable television instead of radio, and maybe a movedex.
-Digging underground back, but only at special areas like dive was in rse.
-Nice 3d graphics.
-A region with many different places to explore
-New rotom form
-Good storyline like pmd had.

-Secret bases
-Return of team rocket
-More evolutions (Pinsir)
-Post e4 area
-Pokemon trail behind you like in HG/SS
-??? Shinies less impossible to find O_o

-Rse and Frlg remakes

Uh what? An R/S remake possibly, but an FR/LG remake? Not only does that sound completely stupid, remaking a remake, but it is completely pointless. FR/LG is compatible with the 4th Gen games, and the 4th Gen games(including HG/SS, which ALSO have Kanto) are going to be compatible with the 5th Gen. From Serebii from sometime last month:

The Legendary Beasts to be given in Japan this summer are to hold a special secret. Due to our knowledge of HeartGold & SoulSilver, we concluded that this was in Pokemon Black & White. The pre-ordering for tickets for the movie began today in Japan and yaminokame got his hands on his. With the tickets came a pamphlet that stated that the legendary beasts do unlock something within Pokemon Black and White. What they unlock is still unknown, but this does confirm that Pokemon Black and White will be compatible for trade in some way with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver.

So what would be the point if the 4th Gen and the 3rd Gen(albeit indirectly) are going to be compatible with the 5th Gen, an issue that both R/B/Y and G/S/C had with R/S/E?

... by that logic, there'd be no point in remaking RSE since they're compatible with 4th-gen games anyway.

(Meh, I'm just sort of opposed to the idea of RSE remakes since imo RSE themselves are still going strong. I actually played through a whole file in my Emerald recently, gasp :o)

Unless B/W does something completely revolutionary graphics and battle system wise, I don't want to see any remakes. Just progress on the Gen. after that, so that maybe there will be less of a wait between generations.

HOWEVER, if they feel compelled to have involve Hoenn, I hope they just go with making it a post-E4 region in B/W. I wouldn't mind that at all.

-MORE FIRE TYPES, PLEASE!

-A Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Come on Gamefreak, I've been asking for this since RSE.

-A Luvdisc evo. It's so freaking crappy. Do SOMETHING to make it better.

-An option that lets you turn Spoink and Grumpig into bacon (This speaks for itself). :)

-Multiple regions. But not two completely new regions. Make one new region and give us a way to get to Sinnoh. That way, you can get Leafeon/Glaceon/Magnezone/Probopass ingame. Two new regions would be nice too.

-Less 10-year-old based. Give us a real plot. Team X was already dull by RSE.

-Forget the bike. Make it like Ranger where you could ride a Doduo. Or Gamefreak could make you 16. Less kid based, probably a better plot with it, and you could drive a freaking car. That would be nice.

-Going along with the car idea, you could choose when you start the game if you want E rated play or T rated play. If you choose T rated, you could run people over who keep on annoying me. DIE YOUNGSTER JOEY, DIE!!

-The careers idea is great.

-I'm getting sick of all these Pikachu remakes. No more. The only exception is if they'll make a Plusle or Minun with a = instead of + and -.

-Better starters. Chimchar sucked, in my opinion.

-We don't need a new type, as stated above. 17 is enough.

-Make a gerbil/hamster/guinea pig Pokemon.

-Shuckle pre evo. I just feel like seeing one.

-The end.

-No, I'm serious.

-Leave me alone!

Back
Top Bottom