• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafitalia [INNOCENT WIN]

Re: Mafitalia [Day 7]

The last conference of the week was about to conclude. The nations had decided who to kill that night, believing that they were behind everything. Russia, who had taken England’s place as the meeting concluder was just about to read out the final verdict.
“...Would whoever is using the codename Worst Use-“
“HOLD IT!”
Suddenly, the large doors leading to the conference room swung open. Prussia was standing in the doorway, with what looked like to be homemade bombs hanging off his body.
“You guys are getting nowhere! You’ve just been sitting on your asses all this week, with little to no action happening.”
He walked up towards Belarus, who was sitting closest to the door.
“And that’s why I, the awesome Prussia, have decided to do what you should have done days ago!”
Before Belarus or any of the other nations had time to respond, he pressed a button on a remote in his hand. All the homemade bombs exploded simultaneously, taking him, Belarus and one of the walls out. The other nations stood speechless, they didn’t expect anything like this to happen.

The person that was going to be lynched that day could at least feel a bit relieved.

Minkow and Aobaru are dead. Both were innocent. 48 hours for night actions.

Re: Mafitalia [Night 7]

The remaining nations had been asleep for a few hours by now. Except Canada. He hadn’t left America’s room since he found him dead... No he was asleep, and will wake up soon. America loved to sleep in. At least that’s what he wanted to think, but his mind was focused on other things.
Kill the Mafia.
Get revenge.
Canada had been so confused, was it worth going after someone here wasn’t sure was Mafia? Would more innocent blood be shed for no reason?
But, he also knew that his brother would do the same. If anyone harmed him, he would be sure that America would avenge his sibling.
It was time to act.
He went back into his room, which was next door and woke up Kumajiro. He needed a weapon of some sort, and he hadn’t been able to feed his pet polar bear for the past few days. It was probably starving, the poor thing. As much as it killed him to use his own pet to do the dirty work, he was kind of doing the right thing. A possible mafia member is killed, and Kumajiro gets fed for the first time in a while. Hopefully it doesn’t crave human flesh again afterwards. As he walked down the corridor he passed Italy, who smiled before heading towards Poland’s room. Eventually he arrived at South Italy’s room. He knocked a few times.
No answer.
As he waited to see if the Italian nation would answer, many thoughts swamped his mind.
Am I doing the right thing?
What if he’s innocent?
Should I be concerned about where Italy was going?
Then the door opened.
“What the hell to you want?” South Italy asked angrily.
“Um...I was just wondering if you have any food to share? I ran out of food for Kumajiro a few days ago.” Canada replied, hoping he didn’t sound as nervous as he felt.
“What kind of dumbass question is-“
South Italy was interrupted by a polar bear lunging for his neck.
Canada decided that it was best to leave his pet to its own devices while he went back to his room. He didn’t really want to see the half-eaten remains of the former Mafia Don. He also really wanted to lie down and get all his thoughts together. Everything seemed so surreal, from finding out that his brother mysteriously died in his sleep that morning to watching his childhood friend viciously maul someone her wasn’t sure if he should have killed or not.
His thoughts were interrupted by a gunshot. Without thinking, he ran to the source of the noise. He could see Italy running in his direction, possibly to escape the Mafia, or maybe to run away from the scene of the crime. Canada kept on going. He knew that he was close to both Russia and Poland’s rooms; one of them must have been killed by someone else. What he didn’t realised was that Russia had just left his room. Canada slammed straight into the larger nation.
“I’m so sorry Russia! I-I didn’t see you there!” Canada managed to stutter while trying to catch his breath.
“It’s ok Canada. Did you hear the gunshot too? I think that Poland has become the next victim to the Mafia. We should check it out, yes?” Russia replied.
The two nations entered Poland’s room. Sure enough, Poland was lying on the ground dead.
Canada suddenly realised that there were only three nations left.

Dark Shocktail is dead. He was Mafia. Mewtwo is dead. He was Innocent. 48 hours for your final discussion.
--
Herp derp Rai fails at writing.
I know that I said that the game was going to end tonight, but there’s only one more day left anyway.
I know that usually in the event of a revenge kill the one who performed it cannot participate in the discussion but with so few players left I don't think it would be entirely fair.

Re: Mafitalia [Day 8]

Well, one more mafia down is always a good thing. But now there's only three left of us...

With so few people left it's not easy to decide what we should do... what do you say, lynch or not? These are the possible scenarios:

1. We lynch the last Mafia, meaning innocents win.
2. We lynch an innocent(Russia or Canada), which means the mafia will kill the remaining innocent next night, making the innocents lose. (Assuming Russia has already used the scramble action, and seeing how Canada revenge killed and by that losing his bulletproof status, that won't help us either)
3. We don't lynch, and the Mafia kills one of the innocents next night. There will be one Mafia and one innocent left, and they will both vote to lynch each other- and since there will be no majority, the votes won't count.

So... I think we should lynch, but I'll wait with voting until I hear anything suspicious.

We have to lynch, otherwise Rai-CH will probably make an earthquake or something to kill the last two survivors =/ Hmm...this is that moment of the game where your heart starts beating fast as you try to decide who to lynch xD..

Hm... seems like Flora hasn't posted here at all... I don't know, should we lynch the inactive? Or... seeing the situation we are in now, we can't afford to lynch innocents. What to do... maybe roleclaim?

3. We don't lynch, and the Mafia kills one of the innocents next night. There will be one Mafia and one innocent left, and they will both vote to lynch each other- and since there will be no majority, the votes won't count.

I believe if this happens the last person who dies gets to vote. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Uh, so, I've had kinda iffy computer access (the one computer keeps screwing up and my sister and my dad and I have to share this one) so I haven't been posting as much.

But honestly, if you lynch me, you'll be lynching Russia, so...

(I haven't used my night action IIRC)

Ok, so you are Russia... or at least so you say. I'm not sure whether to believe you or not, but it's the only thing we have to go after. Well... roleclaiming sounds good at this point, so I can reveal who I am too.

I'm Canada. Which leaves SkyAngel.

Lynch SkyAngel, seeing how it's the only lead we got.

So this is what happens when I leave to do schoolwork, I get lynched =/
Seems like there's not much I can do considering you've already made your decisions. Bleh. Imma vote to Lynch Flora since I think her being Russia sounds rather fishy, not that it matters now ^.^

“Ok, so uh, who’s Skyangel here?”
Italy stood up. He was the last remaining Mafia. Everyone else was dead, and he missed all of them dearly. He walked up to the front of the conference room. For the first time ever, he didn’t feel like crying. The whole week was a whirlwind of emotions, really. He started out as the crybaby nation who didn’t want to hurt anyone, including his brother. After South Italy’s death, he became the Mafia Don. A Mafia of one.
He felt that he had matured greatly, not that it mattered anymore. He stood at the front of the conference room, Russia stood beside him with a gun to Italy’s head. Italy could almost see the ghostly images of the deceased nations, sitting in their usual seats.
Is this what usual happens before you die?

“Do you want any last words that you would like to say, Italy?” Russia asked.
Now the tears started to fall.
“Th-thank you everybody! I’m so sorry for all the pain I’ve caused, but I hope that everything gets better again! If I see you in heaven one day, then I’ll treat you all to all the pasta and pizza you can eat!” Italy said, smiling.
Bang.
As Italy fell to the ground, he felt almost free.
--
Russia and Canada stood staring at each other for a few minutes. This was it. They were the remaining nations left. It was almost surreal to think that everyone they had ever know, everyone they had ever loved everyone, they never got the chance to say goodbye to, they were all dead.

The two nations left the conference building together, thankful that they would never have to deal with any killers again.

Skyangel is dead. She was Mafia. Innocents have won this game!
--

Code:
[b][u]Roles:[/u][/b]
Player 1. Worst Username Ever – [i]Canada / Bulletproof [/i]
Player 2. Superbird – [i]Switzerland / Vigilante [/i]
Player 3. St. Christopher – [i]England / Healer [/i] 
Player 4. Lil’ Dwagie – [i]Denmark / Close Friend [/i]
Player 5. sreservoir – [i]Spain / Mafia Goon [/i]
Player 6. Flora and Ashes – [i]Russia / Scrambler [/i]
Player 7. – Dark Shocktail [i]S. Italy / Mafia Don [/i]
Player 8. – Big Red Cherry Bomb [i]Japan / Alien [/i]
Player 9. – Patar [i]Norway / Healer [/i]
Player 10. – Minkow [i]Prussia / Terrorist [/i]
Player 11. – Mewtwo [i]Poland / Fishing Brother [/i]
Player 12. – Aobaru [i]Belarus / Kidnapper [/i]
Player 13. – Griffin [i]Estonia / Detective [/i]
Player 14. – Ketsu [i]America / Detective [/i]
Player 15. – Midnight Saboteur [i]Lithuania / Fishing brother [/i]
Player 16. – Crazy Linoone[i]Liechtenstein / Protector [/i]
Player 17. – SkyAngel [i]Italy / Mafia Goon [/i]
Player 18. – Werefish5 [I]France / Lover [/I]

Code:
[b][u]NIGHT ACTIONS-[/u][/b]
[b]Night 0-[/b]
France chooses [i] Big Red Cherry Bomb [/i] as their lover
Liechtenstein chooses to protect [i]no one[/i]
Belarus kidnaps [i] SkyAngel [/i]
The Mafia targets [i]no one[/i]
Switzerland targets [i]no one[/i]
England heals [i]no one[/i]
Norway heals [i]no one[/i]
Poland chooses to revenge kill [i]no one[/i]
Lithuania chooses to revenge kill [i]sreservoir[/i]
America investigates [i] Flora [/i]. Flora is [b]Innocent[/b]
Estonia investigates [i] Crazy Linoone [/i]. Crazy Linoone is [b]Innocent[/b]

[b]No one[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 1-[/b]
Liechtenstein chooses to protect [i] Ketsu [/i]
Belarus kidnaps [i]Ketsu[/i]
The Mafia targets [i]Midnight Saboteur[/i]. Midnight Saboteur is now on the death list.
Switzerland targets [i]no one[/i]
England heals [i]Griffin (randomised)[/i]
Norway heals [i]Lil’ Dwagie (randomised)[/i]
Poland chooses to revenge kill [i]Superbird[/i]
Lithuania chooses to revenge kill [i]Flora (randomised)[/i]
America investigates [i]no one[/i].
Estonia investigates [i]Mewtwo[/i]. Mewtwo is [b]Innocent[/b]

[b]MidnightSaboteur[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 2-[/b]
Belarus kidnaps [i]Werefish5[/i]
The Mafia targets [i]Big Red Cherry Bomb[/i]. Big Red Cherry Bomb is now [b] activated.[/b]
England heals [i]Werefish5 (randomised)[/i]
Norway heals [i]Aobaru (randomised)[/i]
America investigates [i]sreservoir[/i]. sreservoir is [b]Mafia[/b]
Estonia investigates [i]sreservoir[/i]. sreservoir is [b]Mafia[/b].

[b]No one[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 3[/b]
The Mafia targets [i]Lil’ Dwagie[/i]. Lil’ Dwagie is now on the death list.
England heals [i]Mewtwo (randomised)[/i]
Norway heals [i]Crazy Linoone (randomised)[/i]
America investigates [i]Big Red Cherry Bomb[/i]. Big Red Cherry Bomb is [b]Mafia[/b]
Estonia investigates [i]Aobaru[/i]. Aobaru is [b]Innocent[/b].

[b]Lil’ Dwagie[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 4[/b]
Belarus kidnaps [i]Worst Username Ever[/i]
The Mafia targets [i]Crazy Linoone[/i]. Crazy Linoone is now on the death list.
England heals [i]Ketsu (randomised)[/i]
Norway has chosen to [b]kill (randomised)[/b]. Norway kills [i]Griffin (randomised)[/i]. Griffin is now on the death list.
Estonia investigates [i]Dark Shocktail[/i]. Dark Shocktail is [b]Mafia[/b].

[b]Crazy Linoone and Griffin[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 5[/b]
Belarus kidnaps [i]Minkow[/i]
The Mafia targets [i]Big Red Cherry Bomb[/i]. Big Red Cherry bomb and Werefish5 are now on the death list.
England heals [i]sreservoir (randomised)[/i]
Norway heals [i]Mewtwo (randomised)[/i]

[b]Big Red Cherry Bomb and Werefish5[/b] is killed.

[b]Night 6[/b]
The Mafia targets [i]Worst Username Ever (randomised)[/i]. Canada is hit.
England heals [i]Dark Shocktail (randomised)[/i]. St Christopher dies due to inactivity.
Norway heals [i]Aobaru (randomised)[/i]. Patar dies due to inactivity.
America investigates [i]no one[/i]. Ketsu dies due to inactivity.

[b]Ketsu, Patar and St. Christopher [/b] are killed.

[b]Night 7[/b]
Canada has chosen to [b]kill[/b]. Canada kills [i]Dark Shocktail[/i] Dark Shocktail is now on the death list.
The Mafia targets [i]Mewtwo[/i]. Mewtwo is put on the death list.

[b]Dark Shocktail and Mewtwo[/b] are killed.

Oh thank goodness! I was practically screaming at the screen when I saw everyone debating who was mafia. Also, I got killed the night of the day I suggested roleclaiming...so I'm sorry I never got to share my observations.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that on the night Big Red cherry Bomb was targeted, the Mafia's original target was Aobaru, meaning that they would have flushed out the lover/alien combo and the kidnapper at the same time. When the mafia changed it's target I was thinking 'if only you knew why that is a stupid move! D: D: D:'

But still, this was an awesome game and I had lots of fun GMing it! I was thinking that the game wouldn't last as long so I was planning on having any remaining characters return for a sequel and have new characters fill in the other roles. Except when I had to kill off Norway, England, Estonia and America I had no idea who else to use for the detective and healer roles.

Maybe I'll do another Mafia sometime during the school holidays! :)

Ahahah, nice game, everyone! Congrats to the innocents!

Also, just wanted to say, Aobaru, that Prussia's supposed to be aligned with the mafia and yeah, I was getting skittish that you were guessing correctly. So no hard feelings for getting you out of the game? :D;;
Also, it's honestly a shame that so many important roles died out of inactivity. Rai-CH, honestly, you do have awesome flavor text, seriously. >:(
Again, good game, everyone! It was my first, so I was really a bit nervous over it, but it ended up well.

EDIT:Just one question that I've been wondering, if Big Red Cherry Bomb was successfully lynched while activated and murders everyone, would that be an alien win or a lover win?

No hard feelings, of course. It's just I was a being-exploded virgin, is all. (It hurts the first time.)

EDIT:Just one question that I've been wondering, if Big Red Cherry Bomb was successfully lynched while activated and murders everyone, would that be an alien win or a lover win?
I'm guessing it would it eb a bit of both? It kind of turns out to be a bit of a paradox, as the alien has to kill everyone, but if it kills the lover then the alien dies too?

I was hoping that that situation was not going to happen because I have no idea what to do. My back-up plan was to PM Butterfree/Bachuru and ask her how to handle the situation XD

I'm glad you liked my flavour text! I don't usually write anything other than essays so I found it hard to keep everything sounding slightly interesting/emotional/suspenceful (is that even a word). I was very worried that I was heading into Narm-y territory too at times X)

Last edited:
Actually, there was a lover/alien in a game on the old forums. According to the game runner, the game just ends right after the alien wins, so the lover-death isn't used.

Back
Top Bottom