• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Personality Types!

Enneagram

Ooh, we should do those too! I've thought of myself as a 6w5... though now that I read about it since you brought it up, a description of an average-unhealthy 2 sounds a lot like what I'm going through... perhaps I should read into it more. A lot of this is self-evaluation and being able to look at yourself and how you really are without bias, and especially coming to terms with the traits you wish you didn't have.

edit: except I don't know any good tests to refer you guys to, I kinda forgot where I found the one I took. ; ; Though I've read it's best to read and choose whatever you best identify with, and ask people who know you well for their input; "Tests are mechanical and reductionistic. Two things the enneagram is not." Which I did and shall do some more, since I like being able to identify myself without needing a test to tell me. In any case, this place is a pretty good start if you have lots of time to just sit down and read.

Last edited:
According to the Personal DNA I'm an independent realist. Sounds about right, though I lol'ed at my femininity being only at 8 XD.

The Enneagram is kind of confusing for me. I have traits from a 1/Reformer (strong sense of right and wrong, well organised, orderly, perfectionist, critical and can be impatient), but the basic fears and desires don't match me at all. One of the tests said that I was a 5/Investigator, which again I have a few traits that match (Independent and has problems with isolation/isolating myself from other) but most of it doesn't sound like me at all :/
I don't really understand the Enneagrams though, so I'm probably completely missing the point of them.

Oooh. I am, according to the test Minnow posted, a 'Benevolent Creator'.

My results (in terms of what percentage of people who've taken the test got lower than I did - "I am more [trait] than [percantage] of people"):

Confidence 96
Openness 80
Extroversion 94
Empathy 100
Trust in others 100
Agency 22
Masculinity 6
Femininity 98
Spontaneity 100
Attention to style 22
Authoritarianism 2
Earthy/Imaginative 94/6
Functional/Aesthetic 80/20

Christ, I don't know what Authoritarianism is, but I sure do suck at it!

There's what I got, though I'm very suspicious of my Feeling score, since on a number of questions, I felt like both choices applied to me in some sort of way. To act horribly dorky and pull out the color system from Magic: The Gathering, in many ways I'd peg myself as a Red/Blue, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

And Dannichu, I think those test results mean that you're just terrible at being a fascist.

ETA: I did that other think Minnow linked to a while ago. There's actually a seprate thread for it a few pages back; I was the OP. Generous Designer, for those not clicking.

Last edited:
Oooh. I am, according to the test Minnow posted, a 'Benevolent Creator'.

I remember this test! :D I always get 'considerate inventor' which sounds pretty cool!

I think being really high on the imaginative scale, but really high on the functional scale as well, which made the graph thing look rather odd.

EDIT: btw, you all should do this one too.

I took this and ended up as a cautious dreamer.

Confidence 14
Openness 0
Extroversion 2
Empathy 28
Trust in Others 2
Agency 10
Masculinity 30
Femininity 6
Spontaneity 6
Attention to Style 8
Authoritarianism 96
Earthy/Imaginative 58
Aesthetic/Functional 54

Odd, I just re-did that test to get the results I didn't save, and I got an Independent Analyst. I didn't change my answers, other than maybe being a bit out in where I put myself on the graphs. While the Independent part is definitely correct, I'm not sure about the Analyst part, Realist suits me much better.
However my final results didn't change that much, other than my confidence and position on the imaginative/earthliness being a lot higher than it was last night:

Confidence 34 (originally it was at about 15-20)
Openness 12
Extroversion 2
Empathy 14
Trust in others 80
Agency 84
Masculinity 46
Femininity 6
Spontaneity 8
Attention to style 6
Authoritarianism 90
Earthy/Imaginative 72 (closer to earthly, originally it was at about 50-60)
Aesthetic/Functional 42 (closer to functional)

EDIT: Just looked up what authoritarianism was, apparently I could be an awesome dictator.

Last edited:
Redid that DNA test. Before, when I took it two years ago, I got Faithful Dreamer. Now a Generous Dreamer, apparently. Think it's more accurate:

Confidence: 2
Openness: 2 (It got even lower than it was before... it used to be a 60-something, I think.)
Extroversion: 6
Empathy: 92 (Almost identical to before... it seems to think I'm empathetic, hmm.)
Trust in others: 34 (Also lowered, as evidenced by how it's not a FAITHFUL dreamer.)
Agency: 10 (Before, it was a 0... I guess this is better.)
Masculinity: 6
Femininity: 48
Spontaneity: 24 (Lowered by a bunch. Ahaha.)
Attention to style: 12 (Also lowered...)
Authoritarianism: 46 (And lower still! Now I'm only Averagely a dictator than Very Highly one.)
Earthy/Imaginative: 8 (More towards Imaginative.)
Aesthetic/Functional: 64 (More towards Aesthetic.)

Heh, it was interesting how much it changed.

Back
Top Bottom