• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

I fail to see what's such a bad look about saying something to get a reaction and then making a conclusion based off of that reaction. "Turning on [you] when [you] show no signs of cooperating" only makes sense to say and make a read off of if you think I actually expected you to "cooperate" in the first place. Do you?
I think it's at least an operational hypothesis, and backpedaling on it does nothing to dissuade me from thinking so.

so what do we do. do we poke ILS. do we, lynch someone we find susp or summat. do we continue to discuss ever more. do we make more cat puns right meow
I thought we were done poking inactives, it seems. Oh well.

Yeah, I was saying I wasn't the only one wondering about it.

Oh, oops, my bad, I misinterpreted what you meant.

Anyway, it seems rather... odd to me, Eifie, how insistent you are of gauging our thoughts on the both of you and of the game itself. Why is that?

Anyway, it seems rather... odd to me, Eifie, how insistent you are of gauging our thoughts on the both of you and of the game itself. Why is that?
Now, to be fair, there's like, basically no play other than that at this point of the game, other than being entirely passive.

(Doesn't mean there's not more and less scummy ways to go about exacting that sort of play, of course, so if that's what bothers you, you might be onto something)

I think it's at least an operational hypothesis, and backpedaling on it does nothing to dissuade me from thinking so.

I don't believe you actually think that's a possibility, tbh. You've seen me in way too many games. It looks like you just want to twist things to justify suspicion on me.

Vote: M&F

That's how you play the game! People talk about their thoughts and we figure out who doesn't seem to be approaching the game from a town agenda.

Hrmmm. I do find Eifie's insistent talk from the very start of establishing a town alliance of trust, implicitly including her, kind of suspect; it reads like a very deliberate effort to establish dominance in the discussion and become read as town, and while you could plausibly want to do that as town and maybe it's a bit attention-grabby for scum, I'm wary of efforts to control the conversation. Furthermore I feel like the speed and viciousness of how she's attacking M&F feels sort of forced?

On the other hand, M&F was also immediately super defensive at being accused, in a way that kind of pings me. It doesn't quite seem plausible for them both to be the mafia - staging arguments for town cred is a thing, but it seems extremely risky on D1 in this setup - but I could see either of them being the scum. For the moment, though, I think I'm leaning towards Eifie.

(Holding off on voting for now until they've both had their say, though.)

I was trying to get people to talk, because no one was saying anything game-related and from all my previous experience with tcodf games no one was going to talk about anything game-related unless I did something to get their attention. That's all there is to it, really. I was not trying to control the conversation and I think it only seems that way because nobody else started posting anything until this afternoon.

I wasn't expecting much of anything on MF to come out of it, and indeed I said what I got out of it was an extremely light lean if it meant anything at all. Then MF responded in a way that I don't think looked good at all, so now we're here.

Phase extension. Day 1 will end in 50 hours from this post.

Q: What happens if players haven't posted during a phase?
I'll try to contact them through means outside of the forums. The phase will be extended until everyone has a chance to post (or it has become a long time without one player posting, in which case I'll try to find a person to replace them). Please do not post about this game outside of this thread, unless you're asking me a question or talking to your mafia partner.

Q: Is there "majority lynch" in this game?
No. If someone reaches the majority of votes, they will not automatically be lynched. The person with the most votes at the deadline of the phase will be lynched.

Q: How do I know who is voting for who?
PM me or post in the thread asking for a list of votes. I'll post who is voting for who in the thread once I see your message.

i'll be honest i only really skimmed the thread earlier but now that i'm going thru n re-reading it m&f is seeming, like, really deflective and defensive, and we only get one abstain for the whole game, right?

First, let me acknowledge that I am grateful for my daily ration of cat fact.

Second, I was initially suspect of Eifie because of the lightning-fast alliance proposal, but M&F's defensiveness rubbed me the wrong way.

I was trying to get people to talk, because no one was saying anything game-related and from all my previous experience with tcodf games no one was going to talk about anything game-related unless I did something to get their attention. That's all there is to it, really. I was not trying to control the conversation and I think it only seems that way because nobody else started posting anything until this afternoon.

I wasn't expecting much of anything on MF to come out of it, and indeed I said what I got out of it was an extremely light lean if it meant anything at all. Then MF responded in a way that I don't think looked good at all, so now we're here.

That makes sense, I guess. I do feel like you've been controlling the discussion, not just by proposing the alliance initially, but maybe it's just that you're still trying to get people to talk more and explain their positions, though, which is fair.

M&F, got anything to say?

Eh, I don't really know what I'm being expected to add; I'm not sure if that sort of play is going to bite us in the ass from the numbers standpoint, but otherwise, I'm roughly 0% concerned with ~defending myself~. Hell, after I flip, you can all take your pick of which is scummiest: Eifie, or these limp-wristed bandwagonners.

That said, there's no point in waiting for the future from my standpoint, so I might as well start with RedneckPhoenix and see if anybody wants to follow my lead -- perhaps, anyone equally unimpressed with this "uhhh they're both townlike... nevermind it's probs MF", complete with what easily reads as a scum-to-scum "dude wtf make the bandwagonning look natural" moment.

(And yeah, yeah, I can already see it, "grasping at straws" and "trying to accuse just anyone" and all that -- yawn. If it's even worth preemptively responding to, it's to say that, as scum, it'd be a lot easier for me to double down on an established non-me suspect, and that maybe I'd get lynched in less games if people here had an easier go of distinguishing aggressive play with scum play.)

Oh, and one more thing, just in case I run out of time to point it out: there's not that many of us around, so keep a close eye on who the mafia chooses to attack -- that's almost bound to be informative one way or another, atlhough it'll also require navigating a certain amount of WIFOM. I was this close to sitting here speculating on the scenarios, but it's not really useful when openly making that kind of speculation would just tip the mafia off to what they can expect to be read as according to their target.

I'll just point out that, if Flora dies, it's probably Eifie going after low-activity players to make the game interesting. I'm pointing that out because a) if I didn't, people might not figure it out, but b) now that I did point it out, a non-Eifie mafia would also appreciate the chance of attacking a low-risk player and frame someone else for it, so, even if it does come to that, it'll be WIFOMy instead of tedious. Now, I can be accused of a lot of things, but not making the game interesting definitely ain't one of them!

maybe I'd get lynched in less games if people here had an easier go of distinguishing aggressive play with scum play.

That's pretty much what your suspicion of me boils down to, though. I started off trying to get people to actually generate alignment-indicative content right away and you scumread me for it.

I'll just point out that, if Flora dies, it's probably Eifie going after low-activity players to make the game interesting.

So you do know me as well as I thought you did... which only makes your statements on my early posts even more 🤔🤔🤔.

Back
Top Bottom