• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club, take 2).

Hey all! Blowing the dust off the thread 'cause I thought I'd mention that there is, in fact, finally a full fan translation for Dai Gyakuten Saiban—it's been released one case at a time for a while so I'm sure at least a few of you knew about it due to that, but they've got the whole thing done now!

I haven't played it myself yet (full release only just came out, and I was aware of the episodic translation efforts but never bothered to actually look at them while work was in progress), but it seems like it's going to be really solid, at least. Also worth mentioning that in addition to running it on an emulator or modded 3DS, their translation also applies to the official Japanese Android release—that version's not quite ready yet, though, and requires jumping through a few hoops to set up your phone to purchase from the Japanese regional Play Store. But they say it should be done hopefully soonish, so if you've got an Android device and want to play DGS on that, apparently that will eventually be possible!

I... probably won't get around to playing it for a while, tbh, on account of ungodly game backlog :( But! Just in case anyone is interested and wants to see what we were missing! That's a thing now, so!

(Also they are already working on translating DGS2! But I don't think there are any releases for that yet, haha.)

Last edited:
This is super exciting!! I've always wanted to play DGS, but have never really gotten around to it since the translation wasn't fully completed. Thanks for posting about this! :O

How much effort do I have to put in to figure out how to emulate this, assuming I have obtained a ROM by completely legitimate and legal means?

How much effort do I have to put in to figure out how to emulate this, assuming I have obtained a ROM by completely legitimate and legal means?

Hm... not really sure, unfortunately. It looks like the patcher is meant to actually run on the 3DS itself rather than a separate patching program like for other ROM hacks? So I'm not sure exactly how it works. They do say it should run on Citra but don't provide instructions for it, so I guess you'd have to search around.

Last edited:
sooo I finished DGS a couple days ago and I have some things resembling thoughts, in no particular order

I know I know it's satire and all but man the jurors were so grating. the prosecution would say a super minor thing with an obvious rebuttal and then the jurors all just suddenly vote guilty and then it was like sigh, I have to sit through the whole song and dance of oh no everyone is super convinced this time, whatever will we do?!?! well really that's more like AA trials in general and man is it getting old I guess.

the actual closing argument mechanic was fun enough though! of course my very favourite mechanic was the incomparable great deductions! those were so fun!

Sherlock is, of course, my very favourite. I also liked Gina a lot although I think half of that was just her art. and I thought Iris was so awesome when she was first introduced because I thought the thing they were going for was "this Doctor Watson man that's so famous for being Sherlock's partner never actually existed, it was actually just a little girl lol" (I had forgotten about the first case's victim about 2 seconds into the first trial) which filled me with a surge of feminist glee or something, but then it turned out that wasn't what was happening so she was relegated to just good.

ok so for real is there just no explanation for the cold feeling Gina had at the back of her head before she spontaneously fell unconscious with the gun in her hand?

man did I get gaslit by the fifth trial. when Egg was talking about the peephole I was just like "well duh that was easy, there's no peephole, they even went over this before" and then when everyone was like "..." after the testimony I thought it was because everyone immediately saw the obvious lie but that... wasn't it??? and I checked the photo before the crime with Gina in it and indeed there was no peephole??? and yet everyone was entertaining this testimony and not pointing out the obvious flaw??? I was so confused! apparently there actually was a peephole that I had managed to completely forget about, huh.

I forget the rest of my thoughts and there were some that I just posted on Telegram, maybe more at a later date

my overall impression of the game was pretty positive and I'm super excited for the sequel translation!

my game ranking for the main series is probably like...

1, 3 > 6 > DGS > 2, 4 > 5?

hm. maybe DGS can be up there with 6.

Back
Top Bottom