• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Ref test battle for Sandstone-Shadow; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler.

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

Ref test battle for Sandstone-Shadow; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

I've never gotten the chance to properly mentor because all my mentees have mysteriously vanished after just one round. :C I don't have time to actually ref, but I can at least make time for this.

THIS LOCAL ASBER WAS DYING TO GET THEIR ASS BEAT. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT MIGHT SHOCK YOU.
pls fight me i suck at asb but it's been entirely too long. also i'm reusing this old stadium but if you'd rather have another then just let me know, i don't really care where we fight as long as it isn't too exhausting!
Format: 1v1
Style: ...Set, I guess?
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves, perish song, endeavour, pain split, super fang
Arena Description: West of House
This is an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
A rubber mat saying 'Welcome to Zork!' lies by the door.
Additional Rules: Standard battle. Pokémon choice will be private-messaged to the referee rather than posed in-thread.

Last edited:
Format: 6v6 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The ruins of a Colosseum in the middle of the jungle
Additional Rules: Lowest form Pokemon ONLY!

Challenge my "Smite" themed team please!

Last edited:
Format: 6v6 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The ruins of a Colosseum in the middle of the jungle
Additional Rules: Lowest form Pokemon ONLY!

Challenge my "Smite" themed team please!

That sounds interesting. I'll battle you.

(By the time the battle takes place I'll probably have enough pokemon.)

Looking for my first battle.
Format: 5 vs. 5, single

DQ: 48 hours

Banned/Restricted Moves: Instakill Moves

Arena Description: The center of a giant shopping mall in New York
There are three floors in this mall. An escalator takes one action to ascend, and takes you to the above or below floor, but flying pokemon can access any floor they want. The center contains 5 stores per floor. You can steal from the stores, but once you do, Mall Security shows up and will attack for 10% damage if you steal any more. Mall Security can only see on one floor at a time, though, and can be attacked to get rid of them for the next turn. There is a sports shop on each floor, which can either have clothing to protect you from 3 damage or have equipment that can deal 5 damage, once. There is a restaurant on each floor, which can have food to restore a random amount of health from 1 to 5. There is a beauty salon on each floor, which have powders that can be thrown into the air and set on fire, or just used to blind others for a short time. The rest of the stores are clothing stores, with the racks being able to be picked up and used like clubs to deal 5% damage, once. There is only one clothing rack per store. Being knocked down one floor does 2% damage, and being knocked down two floors deals 4%, unless the pokemon is hovering or flying. After five turns, spectators start showing up, and mall security is distracted for two turns, allowing you to use the shops. After the two turns, they are no longer distracted, and the spectators are orderly. They get riled up again after another five turns.

Additional Rules: You can only use one store per turn. The powder functions as Defog, or maybe Sand-Attack. Whichever one works better for refs. Powder getting set on fire works as an Ember/Flamethrower, again decided by refs.

ASB Profile: http://asb.dragonflycave.com/trainers/207-redneckphoenix

Last edited:
Looking for my first battle.
Format: 5 vs. 5, single

DQ: 48 hours

Banned/Restricted Moves: Instakill Moves

Arena Description: The center of a giant shopping mall in New York
There are three floors in this mall. An escalator takes one action to ascend, and takes you to the above or below floor, but flying pokemon can access any floor they want. The center contains 5 stores per floor. You can steal from the stores, but once you do, Mall Security shows up and will attack for 10% damage if you steal any more. Mall Security can only see on one floor at a time, though, and can be attacked to get rid of them for the next turn. There is a sports shop on each floor, which can either have clothing to protect you from 3 damage or have equipment that can deal 5 damage, once. There is a restaurant on each floor, which can have food to restore a random amount of health from 1 to 5. There is a beauty salon on each floor, which have powders that can be thrown into the air and set on fire, or just used to blind others for a short time. The rest of the stores are clothing stores, with the racks being able to be picked up and used like clubs to deal 5% damage, once. There is only one clothing rack per store. Being knocked down one floor does 2% damage, and being knocked down two floors deals 4%, unless the pokemon is hovering or flying. After five turns, spectators start showing up, and mall security is distracted for two turns, allowing you to use the shops. After the two turns, they are no longer distracted, and the spectators are orderly. They get riled up again after another five turns.

Additional Rules: You can only use one store per turn. The powder functions as Defog, or maybe Sand-Attack. Whichever one works better for refs. Powder getting set on fire works as an Ember/Flamethrower, again decided by refs.

ASB Profile: http://asb.dragonflycave.com/trainers/207-redneckphoenix

Yo, I'll take you on!!

Format: 3v3 Single

DQ Time: 48 Hours

Damage Cap: 35%

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Trapping Moves, Recovery Moves

Arena Description: A ten feet wide, ten feet long, and ten feet high field, with the groud made of dirt. There are psychic barriers on all sides, and one ten-feet above, which prevent all Pokèmon from walking, climbing, teleporting, or launching attacks out of the arena. Ten feet underground, is a ten feet layer of rocks, which are almost impossible to dig through. They are not secured to anything or each other, so there are ways to get around them. Beneath the rocks is a pool of water. There is no fish or vegetation in this water. Pokèmon that require the water to move instead float (unless they are in the pool of water, in which case they swim.) Moves that require rocks and water to be used can be used anywhere, and these resources can be summoned from pure air. However, if you use a move that requires rocks whilst touching the layer of rocks, or a rock from that layer, you can use that rock instead and do 5% extra damage. If you are in water from the underground pool, moves that require water do 5% extra damage if you choose to use water from the pool.

Additional Rules: First-Stage and Baby Pokèmon only, Trapping abilities are ignored

Format: 3v3 Single

DQ Time: 48 Hours

Damage Cap: 35%

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Trapping Moves, Recovery Moves

Arena Description: A ten feet wide, ten feet long, and ten feet high field, with the groud made of dirt. There are psychic barriers on all sides, and one ten-feet above, which prevent all Pokèmon from walking, climbing, teleporting, or launching attacks out of the arena. Ten feet underground, is a ten feet layer of rocks, which are almost impossible to dig through. They are not secured to anything or each other, so there are ways to get around them. Beneath the rocks is a pool of water. There is no fish or vegetation in this water. Pokèmon that require the water to move instead float (unless they are in the pool of water, in which case they swim.) Moves that require rocks and water to be used can be used anywhere, and these resources can be summoned from pure air. However, if you use a move that requires rocks whilst touching the layer of rocks, or a rock from that layer, you can use that rock instead and do 5% extra damage. If you are in water from the underground pool, moves that require water do 5% extra damage if you choose to use water from the pool.

Additional Rules: First-Stage and Baby Pokèmon only, Trapping abilities are ignored

Looks like you've got yourself an opponent! I'll fight you!

Format: 3v3 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Pillar Fort
An underground arena inside of a buried pyramid. Scattered throughout the arena are large pyramids, providing cover. It seems like a powerful move targeted at a pillar could smash some of it.
Additional Rules: A Pokemon can take cover behind a pillar, although high power moves (depending on if the ref things a move is strong enough to break a pillar) can destroy pillars.

I tend to double post a lot, don't I?

Challenge for Stryke!

Format: 3v3; Singles
DQ: 1 month
Damage Cap: 40
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Moves that knock the user out.
Arena Description: Olivine’s Lighthouse
This arena is split into multiple different areas, and Pokémon in different areas can’t attack each other.
Based on the lighthouse in SoulSilver, the description is for anyone who doesn’t have the game.
  • Outside the lighthouse – Where the battle starts, it is a large clear area with precipitous cliffs to the south and east and the lighthouse proper along the north edge. The staris to the west are blocked off for the battle.

• First Floor – This spacious, rectangular room has two rows of potted plants flanking the path to the broken elevator, there is a set of stairs leading to the second floor on the left. To the sides of the room, past the plants are tables with two chairs apiece.

• Second Floor – This room is the same size and shape as the floor below, but it has a large wall running down the middle of the room from the north wall to the center, creating a U-like shape. The stairs from the First Floor and the ladder to the Third Floor are in the opposite extremes of the U.

• Third Floor A – The Third Floor is a circular room, slightly smaller in diameter than the preceding room, split into two parts by a wall, Part A is the north eastern fourth and Part B is the remaining three fourths. Part A has two windows and both ladders, up and down, are close to each other.

• Fourth Floor A – The fourth Floor is the mirror image of the Third Floor, with Part A being the three fourths part of the room. There is only a ladder going down, but there is a doorway leading to empty air in the extreme eastern wall. Any Pokémon using this doorway will fall onto the roof of the Second Floor. There is another window in the exterior wall beside the north aligned interior wall.

• Second Floor Roof – This is the same size as the First and Second Floors, and has a bit of space between the edge and the wall of the Third Floor. The entrance to the Third Floor is in the southern wall. There isn’t much railing.

• Third Floor B – The rest of the Third Floor. It has a few windows and the ladder up is in the northern part.

• Fourth Floor B – Just like Third Floor A, only in the northwest corner.

• Fifth Floor – A circular room with an interior wall running from the north wall to the center of the room. The ladder up is just to the east of the interior wall.

• Lens Room – This is the top of the lighthouse, the ladder is inside a circle of lenses with an exit at the south edge. The walls of the room are made of glass with steel supports. The elevator at the north wall is broken, just like the one in the First Floor, but there is a league Kadabra next to it, which can be asked to teleport Pokémon only to the First Floor.
Additional Rules: Falling damage might be determined like the damage from Sky Drop, but that’s up to the ref. Pokémon are sent out in the outside field, no matter where their ally fainted. Pokémon and their trainers are in constant communication, despite being in different areas because of the Kadabra.

Accepted! This is sure to be an enlightening battle for me!

That pun was pretty bad, wasn't it...

I forgot to add how much time it takes to move between areas. Does one action sound good to you?

EDIT: We agreed on this in visitor messaging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom