• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] Bastard Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
So hey, I haven't run a mafia game in awhile, and I've had some bastard formats bouncing around in my head, so I thought I'd try one of them out. Anybody want to try out a game where I basically don't tell you anything about the format whatsoever?

The rules are my usual ones:
  • If you don’t speak during the day phase, you get a warning. Fail to speak for two day phases in a row, and you’re dead.
  • You don’t have to use your night action, but please tell me if you’re refraining from using it. Everyone with a night action must tell me what they’d like to do every night. Failing to do so once is a warning, and twice is a modkill.
  • The only players who can communicate out-of-game are the scum faction(s) and any others whose roles explicitly include out-of-game communication. I'll start a Quicktopic thread or threads for this purpose so they can be shared upon the game's end along with the role descriptions and night action log.

I'm guessing we'll get something like ~10ish people based on prior participation in my games, but I'm willing to stretch that to as few or as many people want to jump into something like this knowing literally nothing about it.

Timelengths of phases will necessarily be varying because new duties at work put me basically unable to process large amounts of night actions/lynch votes/etc on Tuesdays and Saturdays, so phases that would end on those days will typically get a 24-hour extension unless it's something really easy for me to process like a mass abstain. Barring that, two days per phase sounds about right.

Because of being busy Tuesdays, I'm thinking I'll try to set this up on Wednesday. So you have until then to sign up, if you want to!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom