• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open MASQUE CARNIVALIA: MELANCHOLY HILL

"Uh," Alyx started, rising to her feet, "I still think maybe the rest of us should do something about the, you know, burning tree." For emphasis she shoved her thumb back in the direction of the tree, still very much on fire. Not without a side glance at the Arcanine that caused it.

She thought for a moment. Snow might work, or maybe somone had some sort of attack or something to put it out with. Would an Ice Beam or something work? "Ideas?"

[NO DEATH!]

"I assume not," Thomas thought. Before getting hit, he wanted to get away from the snowballs... and the Houndoom... and the burning tree. He glanced at Samantha, and turned to search.

Rumaging through the stalls, Thomas found a couple of cloaks. He weighed them by hand. "Ugh. Not very thick." Against his better judgement, Thomas slid one on. In the process, he ripped the right sleeve with his spear.

"Shit," he muttered. He could feel the warmth where the cloak was on him, but a draft flowed through the ripped sleve. He glanced back toward Samantha and the others, hoping no one had seen or heard him.

[[Eeeeeeeeee I'm sosososo sorry for not being able to post here ; ; Let's all crucify the inactive Kuchiki.]]

Sammy let out a deep breath when the Houndoom stopped the snowball fight. Well, it had to end sometime. Her eyes stared at the burning tree. It seemed isolated enough, but it was possible for the fire to jump a good distance, she supposed. Stranger things had happened. The Houndoom asked for ideas. The only thing that came to mind was the question of how quickly she could die of heat if she got burned. Her guess was, "pretty quickly."

She shrugged. "I suppose if I could use Ice Beam I could do it, but I don't even know where to start with that." She stared long and hard at the tree. "I guess we don't have much choice but to... Well, give it a try." She took a deep breath, and cleared her throat. The plan formed in her mind. Maybe if she let out her breath in a concentrated burst, she'd get a result of some kind-

And as soon as her mouth was open, she could feel the ice bursting free of her body. She jumped back in shock, and the beam swerved in the air. Despite that, it managed to find its target, and though it didn't entirely put out the fire, it seemed to help control it, and isolate the flames to a few branches rather than the inferno that once engulfed the tree's entirety.

Sammy blinked at her handiwork, then coughed and wiped the corner of her lip with the back of her wrist. She grinned sheepishly. It had almost felt like she had burped or something. "Excuse me..."

[[OR LET'S HUG A KUCHIKI FOR COMING BACK :D]]

"Yes, I... Well... Considering you were the one that gave it to me... If... If you don't mind, of course,"

Lester looked up suddenly, blinking in confusion. Jayy seemed to just be staring at her feet. He took the end of the rope uncertainly. "I, uh... I suppose - er, I mean... I don't mind." He wrapped the rope around his right wrist. The claw on his right arm was more than large enough to keep it from slipping off at any time.

After he managed to tie the knot, he bit his tongue, uncertain of what to do next. Thomas dropped out of the background, and he briefly wondered where he was off to.

Finally, someone took care of the fire... Samantha. Lester never looked directly at her. He wasn't comfortable around her, honestly. But she more or less fixed the fire. He looked at Jayy (sort of, but he never really looks at people directly) and asked, "I, uh... Well, is there anywhere you want me to... Um, take... you...?"

[Yay, activity stuffs!]

"I guess we don't have much choice but to... Well, give it a try."

Alyx watched as Samantha concentrated, then breathed out, and a blue-white mist, or maybe beam, burst forth taking out much of the flames, leaving mostly embers. That worked, she thought. It made her think of what she could do. Her tail twitched a bit as she thought. Houndoom was a dark type first, she remembered, but was also a fire type. Thing was, what use was a dark type in this situation? She couldn't take out fires, or anything like that. She could make fire, but that wasn't a thought she wanted to invite. If she remembered right, Houndoom fire was a very bad thing, it was cursed flame, or something like that. Something about the burns being very painful and not healing. It could be that it wasn't the case with her. She wasn't completely a Houndoom after all. She wasn't willing to test that theory. She didn't even know how to use these dark type stuff, it seemed that Samantha had used that ice attack easily. Fire might be that easy... or maybe not so much for her because it was a dual type thing. "That worked," she said, breaking off from her train of thought.

Instead she paced a bit on her digitgrade legs and watched as Lester tied himself to Jayy with a rope. Hopefully that will get her away from the fence. Alyx gazed at Jayy's hands, still unbandaged. She should have guessed that Jayy wouldn't be able to do it herself. And both the Scizor and Kingler morphs didn't quite have the hands required for such a task. "Uh, I can help you with those bandages, if you want," she offered. "If you can't do it yourself."

Back
Top Bottom