• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Some Optimization, Also Reputation

The neutral message is up to ten points, I think. As you get more rep, the hover-message becomes more fawning. (It's still visible if you have positive rep at all, since then the rep square becomes green instead of gray; the messages are just calibrated differently.)

Oh! I figured it would show the exact amount of rep. Maybe I like this better instead, then.

But the best recent thing is full stuff in bachuru, wow. It's taking a while to get used to having an actual image to click for quoting. thank you!

oh wow i love whatever it is that makes the new posts thing only show new posts (as opposed to just unread stuff that's been there for ages).

I like stuff eventually disappearing instead of sitting for months! Except now things won't even stay for a few hours! It only shows me the most super-recent posts and not ones from like, this morning. Or even from three hours ago. So I keep missing basically every post which kind of defeats the point.

Is this fixable?

(It's showing one from three pm, but not from two pm (it's five now) so I guess around two hours is the timeframe.

Also it doesn't get rid of new posts once I read them! It just turns them non-bold until they get too old. But that's less of an issue or maybe even an anti-issue depending.)

I like stuff eventually disappearing instead of sitting for months! Except now things won't even stay for a few hours! It only shows me the most super-recent posts and not ones from like, this morning. Or even from three hours ago. So I keep missing basically every post which kind of defeats the point.

Is this fixable?

(It's showing one from three pm, but not from two pm (it's five now) so I guess around two hours is the timeframe.

Also it doesn't get rid of new posts once I read them! It just turns them non-bold until they get too old. But that's less of an issue or maybe even an anti-issue depending.)
Try using the "Today's Posts" feature and see if you like that better.

Hahaha, the new post thing is a thing I'm enjoying.

Butterfree, whatever you did, it worked! I don't really get 'server's too busy' and when I do, it only lasts for a few minutes.

ok so when you're looking at the rep you have and who gave it and all what does red mean? i thought you couldn't unrep someone

ok so when you're looking at the rep you have and who gave it and all what does red mean? i thought you couldn't unrep someone
You technically can if you modify the request you send. I figured nobody would bother, but if this is happening for real, I can add more modification code to make that impossible.

You technically can if you modify the request you send. I figured nobody would bother, but if this is happening for real, I can add more modification code to make that impossible.

oh no it was a mod running a test lol but i just figured i'd ask why since yeah.

Quick Links > Today's Posts

Easiest way to browse all the forums at once. Unlike the "New Posts" button, the threads still show up after you look at them.

In the user CP where it shows your rep and who gave it to you, what does a grey square mean?

I know on someone's profile it means they don't have any, in this context does it mean someone gave me neutral rep or something?

In the user CP where it shows your rep and who gave it to you, what does a grey square mean?

I know on someone's profile it means they don't have any, in this context does it mean someone gave me neutral rep or something?

Yeah, I got neutral rep, too. I'm guessing it just a sort of thing to say that they appreciated the thing you said but didn't want to give positive rep or something.

You can't actually give neutral rep. That square is used when the person who gave you rep has a reputation power of zero, i.e. any rep they give doesn't actually affect your reputation total. Everyone is supposed to have the same reputation power (of 1), though, so I've probably set something up wrong.

Back
Top Bottom