• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The First-Ever TCoD Super Smash Bros. Tournament! (Help needed!)

Which characters should be used in this first tournament?

• Anyone except for the Mii Fighters, with custom moves and no equipment.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mii Fighters only, with custom moves and equipment allowed (see below).

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Both, with equipment only allowed for Mii Fighters and custom moves allowed for everyone.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

RespectTheBlade

rage against the dying of the light
Are you really feeling it? Want to tip some scales? Waiting for your chance... another day? Well guess what: You'll get it today, because it's time to SETTLE IT- IN SMASH!

Memes aside, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is out! I thought that a good way to gauge if a Smash Bros community/group/thing of sorts would be good for TCoD would be some form of tournament. Just based off of the SSB4 thread, there seems to be a decent amount of people who either have the game or are getting the game to justify having occasional tournaments and other things. Might spark a bit more activity in the forum, too, at least until ASB comes back. Either way, that's not the main point- it's to have fun with the new Smash, and with a game that's a bit more accessible and portable, and therefore easier to coordinate.

I've already created a social group on the forums for Smash, which as of this thread has been made public. The main point of the group is friend code trade and identification, as well as for creating casual matches.

So, without further ado,

The Inaugural TCoD Smash Tournament!​

This is mainly an experiment on three fronts- The first will gauge online play for Smash 3DS, the second will gauge the forum's interest in smash, and the third will test the viability and fairness of custom moves/equipment.

The Rules: (Items and equipment/allowed fighters can be finalized):
  • A single elimination bracket (will be expanded into double elimination if there are enough participants) With the first match following a free for all format, with the two top players progressing, and then all subsequent matches are 1v1, with the winner progressing. Brackets are made via Challonge.
  • Items are... Well, tricky. I want to preemptively say none. Maybe smash balls/poke balls on the first match.
  • Stages: Arena Ferox, Lumiose City, Tortimer Island, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Final Destination, and all Final Destination Forms are legal. Semi finals and finals will take place on either Battlefield or Final Destination/FD Forms.
  • Participants: Two options- Either fighters, with custom moves allowed but equipment disallowed; or Mii Fighters, with custom moves allowed and the following stipulation on equipment- The only equipment permitted are basic variants that only alter attack/defense/speed stats, with the overall stat gain not exceeding +100 points.
  • Matches are 2-stock, no time limit.

As for watching matches, unfortunately, there is no native way to share replays and spectating is random. The only solution would be to save the replay and record it via phone/capture card (if anyone is actually lucky enough to have one) and then upload them to a private youtube channel, where they can then be linked to in-thread.

If you're interested, post below! Also vote in the poll above so I can determine what form this tournament will actually take. Once everything is finalized and if there is enough interest, I'll make a sign-up thread.

Last edited:
I voted for the last option myself, but just because I want to use Mega Man so badly. Of course, I'm a noob who sucks and gets grumpy when there's no items, so I doubt I'd last long.

Back
Top Bottom