• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Suggestions ?

Have you ever played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus? There was a PS3 remake for both games so if you haven't played them, they're definitely worth checking out.

If you're into tough jRPGs, you might be into Atlus' games. Most notably the Shin Megami Tensei series and the Etrian Odyssey series.
You can also go for Fromsoft's Souls series. Demon's Souls is for the PS3, Dark Souls is on PC and last generation consoles, as well as Dark Souls 2 (though DS2 is getting a current-gen remake real soon, so I'd hold off until April if you want to go for that).
All of these game are rather challenging, however, so don't expect them to hold your hand while you go through them.

Everyone owes it to themselves to play Shadow of the Colossus at least once in their lives. That game is seriously fantastic.

For 3DS games, I'd heavily recommend the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remakes. Kid Icarus: Uprising is also a great game for the 3DS.

If you've got a PS3, you should look for the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection. That collection contains MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, and Peace Walker. You can also look for MGS 5: Ground Zeroes, but just be aware that it's only a prologue to MGS 5: The Phantom Pain, so the game is only about two hours long. Once The Phantom Pain comes out, you should definitely get it.

Have you played any BioShock games? Those are all fantastic (except BioShock 2 is rather mediocre compared to the others).

You should also get Okami HD from PSN. It's a wonderful game that everyone should play. If you like Legend of Zelda style games, Okami has some similarities.

Bravely Default is a great RPG for the 3DS. It's basically a Final Fantasy game that just doesn't have "Final Fantasy" on the wrapper. The class system is just about identical to FFV's and the battle mechanics have some pretty nifty things going for them. From what I've played the story's good too.

Seconding the Souls series, just be prepared to take a lot of time to get into them, work out what you're doing, and get used to dying all the fucking time.

Also it's more of a hack-and-slash action/adventure with minor RPG elements but I refuse to miss an opportunity to tell somebody to play Bastion.

3DS/DS: Link between Worlds. Majoras Mask 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario & Luigi series, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series (the DS games are better than the 3DS MD ones imo)
PS3: Ni no Kuni, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom