• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Honestly, I think it's probably another Pokémon. Mostly the eyes. Formes always have the same COLOR of eyes at the very least.

It should be noted that the movie is Mewtwo's Awakening, and the poster features this thing prominently in Mewtwo's place. The trailer also mentioned "Mewtwo as you've never seen it before" or something like that. I doubt that OLM would pull such a bait and switch when it comes to advertising new Pokémon.

Honestly though. Although it's more similar to Mewtwo than Mewtwo is to Mew, I reaaaaaaally don't think it's a new Forme. It's just... a little /too/ different.

Some of the moves in the trailer seemed to be Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Psywave (In Generation I when it was a TM, at least), which are all moves Mewtwo can learn.

Though the one that looks like Psywave could also be something like Psyshock or Psycho Cut.

Last edited:
I don't think it being too different is the issue, really, so much as the fact that it's different in a strikingly Mewward direction. That seems weird for a forme - usually alternate formes look either more powerful or like alternate versions of the Pokémon, similar but different. "Mewthree" looks smaller, more Mewlike and less powerful, which is a weird route to take an alternate Mewtwo forme - it looks more like a second attempt to clone Mew that tones down the modifications made for Mewtwo.

Yeah, I'm with Adriane. Most Formes don't know many different moves than their original Forme, but last time I checked, Mewtwo doesn't know any Grass or Fire moves.

Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Solarbeam, Will-o-Wisp. Although I don't think it's a form either, it just seems un-Mew.

I don't think it being too different is the issue, really, so much as the fact that it's different in a strikingly Mewward direction. That seems weird for a forme - usually alternate formes look either more powerful or like alternate versions of the Pokémon, similar but different. "Mewthree" looks smaller, more Mewlike and less powerful, which is a weird route to take an alternate Mewtwo forme - it looks more like a second attempt to clone Mew that tones down the modifications made for Mewtwo.

God I hope that's not the justification they use. If it's literally a repeat of the experiment used to clone Mew, I'll be quite upset.

I'm okay with this being a new Forme. Because they can easily come up with reasoning behind that. But if it's a new Pokemon, especially if it's called Mewthree, they better have one hell of an explanation for it.

I would actually prefer if it were an entirely new pokemon, personally. Perhaps created from either Mewtwo or Mew through genetic experiments or something, which could just as easily be another theme of X and Y.

And am I the only one who thinks that "eclair forme" sounds incredibly silly? So this new Mewtwo-related thing is a pastry?

I would actually prefer if it were an entirely new pokemon, personally. Perhaps created from either Mewtwo or Mew through genetic experiments or something, which could just as easily be another theme of X and Y.

And am I the only one who thinks that "eclair forme" sounds incredibly silly? So this new Mewtwo-related thing is a pastry?

I'm pretty sure eclair means 'flash' or 'lightning' or something like that in French.

Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about feel free to back me up.

Last edited:
i was talking to my friend last night about this (she's not much of a pokemon fan) and she looked at it and was like
'wow it looks like mew! what if they got it right this time?'
'got what right??'
'what if they cloned mew right this time so he didn't turn evil?'

you guyyyyyyssss

and then because X and Y?? we already have this DNA theme anyway
i am so excite

i was talking to my friend last night about this (she's not much of a pokemon fan) and she looked at it and was like
'got what right??'

you guyyyyyyssss

i am so excite

that was actually my thought too
like maybe that's why he looks so much more... babyish

but it felt kind of obvious too and I have a thing for noticing things really late, pointing them out and looking really stupid u_u;

but it felt kind of obvious too and I have a thing for noticing things really late, pointing them out and looking really stupid u_u;

i feel you! i only understood sudowoodo's name like, a month ago.

'got what right??'

you guyyyyyyssss

i am so excite

... but Mewtwo didn't turn evil?? They just abused him thoroughly so why wouldn't he hate them? :\

Back
Top Bottom