• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ask.FM

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
Not sure if this belongs here, but oh well.

Anyone have one? Links? What are your thoughts on it?

The government tells me that ask.fm is evil because of bullying and thus by extension the rest of the internet is evil and people who know too much about technology should be feared.

To actually be serious though - WTF government? I get that you're using that girl's death as an excuse so you can tell us how much the internet needs monitoring or censorship or whatever, but even if we believe you that what you want is entirely about stopping bullying then you're acting exactly like parents and teachers do. i.e. bullying exists and you completely ignore it and when it's brought to your attention you ignore it some more saying they're just making it up or exaggerating. But then one day someone is sent to hospital or kills themself and all of a sudden bullying is a big deal. Gosh! Why didn't you say something to us before so we could've done something about it? protip: if you're serious about stopping bullying, do it BEFORE someone dies rather than after. It's too late otherwise.
Before ask.fm there was formspring, and that was used as a bullying site. Facebook is used for bullying, so was myspace and MSN and emails and phones and talking in person. ask.fm's existence now is not doing much at all to facilitate bullying.
/rant

I am perpetually surprised that things like formspring or ask.fm exist when tumblr has an anon ask feature and also an entire website around it?? like i had a formspring and it's literally the least interesting thing to have unless you have a large following already, because what happens is ten or so people you know IRL or from somewhere else send you questions and then that it literally all that happens and it's just not very interesting. I am sure there's at least one other website with some sort of 'ask' feature as well.

adding on to what Murkrow has said, I am always laughing when old media tries to slander new media like facebook because sometimes there are bullies on it. Because, you know. it's not like there is an entire industry based around public bullying of actors/musicians/etc. oh wait, there is! it's called magazines and television and advertising.

I am perpetually surprised that things like formspring or ask.fm exist when tumblr has an anon ask feature and also an entire website around it?? like i had a formspring and it's literally the least interesting thing to have unless you have a large following already, because what happens is ten or so people you know IRL or from somewhere else send you questions and then that it literally all that happens and it's just not very interesting. I am sure there's at least one other website with some sort of 'ask' feature as well.

adding on to what Murkrow has said, I am always laughing when old media tries to slander new media like facebook because sometimes there are bullies on it. Because, you know. it's not like there is an entire industry based around public bullying of actors/musicians/etc. oh wait, there is! it's called magazines and television and advertising.
But it's fun to ask questions sometimes, and assuming you do have somewhat of a following, it's not bad.

Also, you can turn anon off on Ask.FM, also you can close your fucking ears, so I don't see why it's considered a problem. I've had a lot of fun on the site though, most of the hate I've gotten is minute and probably deserved.

Back
Top Bottom