• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Besides the Registration Office and the Bank, Referee Headquarters is the most prominent building in ASB Central. It is home not only to the offices of all current referees, but is also responsible for processing new applicants and overseeing the promotion of already-approved referees.

Referee Headquarters

Referees are crucial to the health of an ASB league, as without them, battles cannot progress. The job of reffing is difficult, but referees get the best benefits of any ASB position. Approved referees are grouped into one of four ranks depending on the quality of their work. At present, these are the referees of TCoD and their ranks:

Head Referee - The de facto leader of the league as a whole, the head referee is responsible for approving new referees, handling promotions for those that have already been approved, and distributing paychecks. He or she is also the final word in rules disputes and implements changes to the overall game structure.

The current head referee is Negrek.

Elite Referees - Elite referees are the senior members of the referee squad and considered to produce the best reffings.

Current elite referees include: blazheirio889, Byrus, Chiropter, Crazy Linoone, Deathguise, Jack_the_PumpkinKing, Keta, Kratos Aurion, Kusarigamatiachi, Metallica Fanboy, Mike the Foxhog, Pentimento, Shadoow Serenity, Walker

Advanced Referees - Although they have not yet attained the title of Elite, advanced referees are considered competent and active members of the reffing team.

Current advanced referees include: Dragon, Lars the Turtwig, Leafstorm, MurrMurr, The Omskivar, Prettzel, Rossymore, sreservoir, Zhorken

Novice Referees - Rookie referees have usually been recently approved. Although they understand the basics of reffing, their work lacks some of the polish of the higher ranks.

Current novice referees include: Aethelstan, Alraunne, Amoeba, Arylett Dawnsborough, Blastoise, Blaziking 175, Blinkingsky, bulbasaur, Captain Sea Turtle, DarthWaffles, Empoleon, Eonrider, Full Metal Cookies, Glace, Grass King, Heavy Lobster, Hiikaru ♥, Icalasari, Karkat Vantas, Kindling Queen, Mai, Li'l Dwagie, Lord of the Fireflies, Lucas755, moon-panther, Oreku, PichuK, Psymon, Respect The Blade, Sage Noctowl, Scyther, Skylark, SomeGuy, Squornshellous Beta, Summergale, Superbird, Totodile, YetiPenguin, Viki, zeKierenator

Promotion

Referees are promoted based upon the quality of their reffings and their activity within the League. Although some people may be moved up the ranks without their request because the head referee notices that they are reffing a lot or producing particularly good reffings, she does not have time to evaluate each referee regularly and therefore may pass over some individuals deserving of a promotion. If you would like to request that she review your work in the interest of a promotion, send her a PM with links to two of your more recent reffings for her to evaluate.

Referee Pay and Benefits

Referees are responsible for keeping track of the rounds that they ref. They can redeem them any time they wish and in any number they wish by posting in the Bank with links to all the rounds they wish to claim money for and the amount that each round is worth. This depends both on the rank of the referee and the kind of battle being reffed.

The value of a reffing is calculated based on the number of pokémon in the field at the beginning of a round. In an ordinary one vs one battle, this is two, so the base referee pay is multiplied by two for each round that a referee cashes in on this battle. In a double battle, on the other hand, there are usually four pokémon on the field at a time, so the rate for such a battle is four times a referee's base pay. Later on in the battle, one of the pokémon may have fainted; there might be a round in which only three pokémon were still battling. In this case, the value of the reffing would be three times the referee's base pay.

A referee's base pay is based on their rank. For novices it is $2, for advanced referees, $3, and for elite referees, $4.

Emergency referees receive $3 more per round than they ordinarily would. Frequent emergency reffing will increase a referee's chance of earning a promotion. At the end of a battle, if it was the first battle one of the players involved had had on TCoD and was reffed by the same person all the way through, that referee gets a $15 bonus.

If a battle is reffed within one week of the last set of commands being posted, there is a $1 bonus per pokémon on the field ($2 for most battles, $4 for a double battle in which all pokémon are still active, etc.). If it has been more than two weeks since commands were last posted, the round is instead worth half its normal value. These modifications are independent of when money for the reffing is actually claimed--you could wait weeks to claim a round without taking a monetary penalty on it, provided that the round was originally posted within two weeks of the last set of commands.

A referee does not receive payment if they do not actually produce a round of reffing. There is no payment for just starting a battle thread if one or more of the trainers doesn't show up and the battle goes nowhere. Likewise, there is no payment for simply ending a battle in a tie or ending a battle by DQ, aside from whatever the referee might make from the end-of-battle prizes.

Some examples of hypothetical reffings and how much they would be worth:

1. A novice referee refs one round of a single battle: $4

2. A novice emergency referee posts a round in the battle above: $9

3. An advanced referee posts a round in that same battle: $11

4. A novice referee refs one round of a double battle: $8

5. An advanced referee refs one round of a double battle where one pokémon has been knocked out (3 remaining in battle): $9

6. An elite referee refs one round of a double battle where two pokémon have been knocked out (2 remaining in battle): $8

7. An elite emergency referee refs one round of a sixteen-pokémon melee: $69

Anyone can try out to become an approved referee, but you must have an ASB account in order to receive your paychecks. It is recommended that you read through others' battles to familiarize yourself with the ASB system before attempting one of the mock battles. Also, know that it is possible to retry the mock battles an unlimited number of times without penalty.

Becoming a Referee

If you're interested in reffing for this league, you must first be approved for the position. There are two steps to becoming a referee: passing the ref quiz and being approved during a mock battle.

The Referee Quiz

The ref quiz consists of fifteen questions. Simply PM your answers to Negrek for grading. If you get all of them correct, you will move on to the mock battle stage. If not, Negrek will respond to your PM with which questions were wrong, and you will have the opportunity to correct them and re-submit. If you do not succeed in getting everything right on your second attempt, you will have to wait until the next quiz is posted to make another attempt at becoming a referee; otherwise, you will move on to the mock battle as normal.

These questions can all be answered by reading the various ASB information threads and looking at battles currently in progress. If you're having trouble, try using ctrl + F to search for particular words, or the board's search function to do the same. All of these questions have either been answered before or should be easy to deduce based on common sense or a general knowledge of the ASB system.

Previous quizzes: 1

The current quiz is as follows:

1. When setting up a battle thread, how do you determine which player sends out first and which player posts attacks first?

2. A pokémon that is holding a lum berry is paralyzed. Does it need to be told to use its berry?

3. In the scenario above, how many actions does it take to eat the lum berry?

4. How much less damage does a burned pokémon deal with physical attacks than it would without the burn?

5. Two pokémon are fighting in an enclosed warehouse arena. One of them uses rain dance. What happens?

6. A pokémon is commanded to make a 15% substitute. How much health and/or energy must it sacrifice in order to complete the attack?

7. How much more damage does a porygon-z with adaptibility do with its hyper beam than a porygon-z with an attack boost from download?

8. What is the base power of body slam when used by a luxray against a caterpie?

9. When you (hopefully!) become a novice referee, how much money will you make for emergency reffing one round of a double battle in which all four pokémon were still in play?

10. If a pokémon has a safeguard in place, what happens if another pokémon uses swagger on it?

11. If a pokémon has its held item stolen with thief over the course of the battle, which trainer owns the item at the battle's end, the one that has the pokémon that use thief, or the one with the pokémon that was stolen from?

12. How long does a post in the absence sheet protect a person from being DQ'd?

13. A pokémon uses protect, then endure. How likely is endure to work?

14. If a pokémon holding a king's rock uses flamethrower on an opponent, is it possible for the attack to cause the target to flinch?

15. What is the accuracy of a surf attack used against a pokémon with five double team clones?

The Mock Battle

After you pass the quiz, Negrek will PM you to let you know of your success, and also post your mock battle in the Challenge Board. You will serve as the battle's referee, while a current, high-ranking referee will be a participant and give you feedback on your reffing as the battle progresses.

The approved referee overseeing the battle is responsible for determining whether you're ready to be approved as a full referee. This may occur after any number of rounds; if they see that you know what you're doing after two, you'll be approved then; if it takes ten or fifteen for you to get the hang of things, then you'll be approved at that time. You will be expected to finish the mock battle even if you are approved long before it ends, but as soon as you are approved you can go out and pick up more battles if you'd like.

The mock battle uses the following standard format, although if the battlers decide they'd like to change some of the details (e.g. damage cap, banned moves), it's fine:

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

Last edited:
Put me back on the ref list? ; ;

(I was whatever rank was above Novice, so I guess that'd place me as Advanced?)

Added you three at your respective ranks. However, a note to other referees: there is no need to post here to ask to be added to the list. I will re-add you at the correct rank as soon as you do something reffing-related.

can you add me to the list

Actually, I have a question about the resumed battles. We're just getting paid for those same as anything new we'd pick up, right?

Hey, since I suck less than I did last time I did anything, can I try an advanced mock~?

"Trying out for Novice Reff..."

oox
Negrek: Hetagon [X]
137.png

Ability: Trace->Static
Health: 100%
Energy: 94%
Mood: Fresh
Chills Used: 0/3
Conversion 2 (ground)~Protect~Facade

ooo
Weathermaster: Sparky [M]
239.png

Ability: Static
Health: 33%
Energy: 56%
Mood: Happy
Chills Used: 1/3
Thunderbolt~Ice Punch~Fire Punch

Arena Notes:
Rain Dance active [+3 actions more]

Round Blah

"We just left off with Negrek losing her first of three and switching to her Porygon, Hetagon. Weathermaster however still has his first Pokemon standing but seriously intoxicated and low in health and energy. It's been raining for 2 rounds and apparently in the round before there had been yet another Toxic used so Negrek's beloved Porygon is about to witness some serious poisoning as well. The battle rages on with one Pokemon down and that calls for the beginning of round ____!"

Round ____ starts with Weathermaster ordering Sparky to use Thunderbolt. Negrek makes no hesitation to act and commands Hetagon to use Conversion2switching Hetagon to Ground type. Sparky summons a mabnificent source of sparkling electricity from his arms and thrusts the attack at Hetagon with the support of the storm clouds he hoped to get a boost in attack. The Thunderbolt strikes but does nothing but use up Sparky's energy with Hetagon's new immunity in play. Sparky is losing his patience with this colorful mound of shapes.

Weathermaster continues trying to keep his cool and uses Ice Punch. Sparky revved up his fist of blues and whites while snow trailed after it and aimed it at Hetagon. The rain drops that fell onto Spark's arm turned to ice. Negrek decides to play it safe and has her Porygon Protect itself having a green veil sheild the Porygon. Yet another failed attempt from Sparky who is blowing steam out of his ears.

To end the round, Weathermaster goes head on with another punch but of Fire. The fists are revved up once again but flames crackling at his fist. The rain, wetting him reduces the damage. Hetagon takes the blow this turn doing nothing to resist. It was knocked back a distance but countered with Facade doing double the damage due to its condition. Sparky winced but was cooled down a bit from his triumph. Hetagon shakes itself off feeling the poisoning take effect.

oox
Negrek: Hetagon [X]
137.png

Ability: Trace->Static
Health: 95%
Energy: 84%
Mood: Feeling Woozy
Chills Used: 0/3

ooo
Weathermaster: Sparky [M]
239.png

Health: 21%
Energy: 47%
Mood: Getting weary
Chills Used: 1/3​

Dinah I's Battle Notes:
-Conversion2 made Porygon Ground Type instead of Normal
-Becoming Ground type deducted 1% for every non-STAB move [Normal]
-For both, they had 1% deducted from their damage due to the evolution modifier since they are in a 3 stage chain
-Sparky's Ice Punch was stopped with Protect
-Protect costed 5% energy since Ice Punch was 50-75 base damage adding 1% to the original 4%
-Fire Punch was successfully executed but had 2% deducted due to non-STAB and the stage and an additional -5% from the rain
-Facade lost 2% for the same reasons excluding the rain but was multiplied by 2 due to Hetagon's condition
-The poisoning is finally taking affect starting at 3% like regular poisoning but +2% every round since it is severe. It will most likely stop at 7% max due to your calculations
-I added "Mood" because I feel that it will better demonstrate the emotions that could effect attacks such as Frustration and Return, etc. as well as give a better visual of the Pokemons current mood
-I switched the O's for chills to a fraction just because I find it easier for me
-It'll rain for 2 more rounds
-I used TCoD's Official ASB Guide
-I used TCoD's Damage and Energy Modifier
-I used veekun for my images
-I hope you liked my reffing^^
-Negrek Attacks first next round
-Weathermaster attacks second
-I reff

Last edited:
Eh.. I haven't reffed in months..

3v3
1 pokémon at a time
DQ: 1 week
DC: 30%
Restrictions: Healing moves restricted to three per battle. Same with chills.
Arena: A clearing in Viridian Forest. A fairly simple battlefield, with thick grass and the occasional rotted tree stump, bordered by dense, gnarled trees.
Notes: No bonuses or restrictions as a result of terrain.

Negrek's Pokemon: OOX
HetagonPorygon(X)
Ability: Trace [Static]
Energy: 92%
Chills Used: OOO
Commands: Conversion 2 (ground) ~ Protect ~ Facade

Weathermaster's Pokemon: OOO
SparkyElekid(M)
Health: 33%
Energy: 51%
Status: Toxic [7% each round]; Happy, but feeling the power of toxic
Chills Used: OOX
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Ice Punch / Psychic ~ Fire Punch / Psychic

Obviously being the faster of the two Sparky races in for the attack, generating a dangerously large amount of electricity. Hetagon, on the other side of the clearing, doesn't seem to be doing anything- on the outside. Inside his digital core and spreading outwards are hundreds of thousands of tiny molecules rearranging themselves to change Hetagon into another type. Sparky then launches his Thunderbolt attack, and the large sphere of electricity crackles wildly as it speeds through the air. As Hetagon's last few molecules align themselves with its fellow molecules the Thunderbolt comes out of nowhere and strikes Hetagon. Watching from the opposite side Sparky has a puzzled look on his face- the Porygon didn't seem to be affected at all and his Thunderbolt seemed to have completely disappeared! Hetagon has on a digital smile as his molecules revert to their original forme and his biological makeup returns from Ground to Normal.

As the rain pours down upon the opponents Hetagon knows what's coming next and forms himself an invisible force-field. Only if you look closely then you can see the rain sliding off the border of the Protect, but Sparky is too far away to observe the phenomenon. As the temperature drops in his fist frost begins to form upon it and the rain that pours upon his fist quickly turns to ice. The Elekid swings his arm back and sprints full speed towards the motionless Porygon. The apathetic look upon its face enrages Sparky even more, which gives him strength as he brings his Ice Punch forward. His attack is repelled by the invisible Protect, and Sparky is forced backwards onto the dirt. He curses Hetagon in his native Elekid language but Hetagon doesn't seem to give a schnade.

Enraged, Sparky tightens his fist as its temperature soars and steam rises into the cloudy skies. Soon, his fist is enveloped by a weak but noticeable flame, which slowly but steadily grows larger. However, the rain is sure to keep its promise as it continually puts out straying bits of flame. Hetagon's owner quickly takes advantage of this, seeing that the Fire Punch won't do too much to her Porygon. Hetagon receives his commands and at once begins to focus the pain of the poison into his Facade. Although he does his best not much rage from pain accumulates, so it'll just have to do. He charges forward, just as Sparky throws a Fire Punch at the Porygon. As both attacks weren't at their full potential the impact didn't cause much of a collision but nevertheless both opponents were dealt damage by the opposing attacks. Sparky lays on the ground, too irritated and exhausted to get up just to stare into the face of the emotionless Porygon in front of him. He flinches as just now he feels the poison eating away at his body and he sits upright, to see Hetagon suffer from the same affliction. The rain beats down upon their bodies, but does show signs of lessening up.

Negrek's Pokemon: [OOX]
HetagonPorygon(X)
Health: 96%
Energy: 85%
Status: Toxic [1%] somehow laughing at Sparky, but also a little short of breath.
Chills Used: [OOO]

Weathermaster's Pokemon: [OOO]
SparkyElekid(M)
Health: 29%
Energy: 34%
Status: Toxic [7% each round]; too tired to be enraged, and aching all over.
Chills Used: [OOX]

Arena notes-
Rain Dance in effect [2 more turns]
Negrek issues commands next round.
I am epic phail.

Jumping straight into Elite rank approval, seeing as I have that rank at PFUASB.

And it's not because I reffed the battle those commands were taken from. No-siree. Absolutely not.

Ahem.

Pre-Round

Kunai (O)
Nova
448.png

Male
Ability: Inner Focus
Energy: 79%
Status: Feeling very well prepared; Attack, Defence, Special Attack and Special Defence all raised (all +1).
Moves: Bulk Up ~ Meteor Mash ~ Heavenly Whirl

VincentAlliath (O)
Aeromancer
016.png

Male
Ability: Tangled Feet
Health: 87%
Energy: 81%
Status: Coughing a little in the smoke, and annoyed that his final attack was in vain; Burned (3% damage per round), Attack lowered as a result of the Burn (-2), Speed raised (+2).
Moves: Air Slash @Nova ~ Air Slash/Aerial Ace @Nova ~ Air Slash/Aerial Ace @Nova

Sentrovasi (O)
Ravaya
156.png

Female
Ability: Blaze
Energy: 84%
Status: Still a little troubled by the images of Aeromancer strutting his stuff; Attack raised (+1).
Moves: (Spread Out Double Team/Eruption/15% Substitute ~ (15% Substitute/Rollout/Defense Curl/Flamethrower/Head Into House and Smokescreen ~ Rollout/Eruption/Head Into House and Smokescreen/Dig/Lava Plume/Smokescreen/Foresight)/(Crush Claw + Toxic))/((Crush Claw + Toxic) ~ Will-O-Wisp)​

Nova looked at the spluttering Pidgey for but a second, as he almost immediately closed his eyes in order to perform his next attack. He focused the Aura energy within him to his limbs, making it course through his muscles. He began to glow with a red aura as he did this, and his muscular arms and legs became visibly larger. He suddenly gave a shout, throwing his arms outward as he did so and dispelling the red light. He studied his pumped-up muscles, and then looked around to Aeromancer, who had managed to catch his breath and stop coughing. The Pidgey placed his right wing above his head, and at the very tip a small, white ball began to form, the very air around it beginning to swirl towards it. The Flying-type then brought his wing down in a sharp slicing motion, and the ball changed into a blade, travelling straight at Nova. The slash hit the Lucario head on, striking him and winding him slightly. The Fighting-type winced as he felt it slice through him, but his heightened defences softened the blow a little. Meanwhile, Ravaya, hidden from view from both of her opponents had begun to claw and scrabble at the ground. She dug up little chunks of turf that she then pressed together into one fairly large lump of grass and earth. She then fashioned it to look vaguely like herself, giving it defined features. She then used the ever-raging fire on her back to bake the figure and harden it. Satisfied with her work, she shut her eyes and concentrated some of her lifeforce into her left paw. The paw glowed white, and she then placed it upon the head of the model. The model was enveloped by the same light, and it became even more defined, taking on the exact appearance of Ravaya and coming to life. It opened its eyes, seeing its creator, and understood what it had to do.

Nova didn’t immediately move, opting to scan the ground for any signs of his hidden opponent, Ravaya. Aeromancer thus took the advantage, again bringing his right wing high above his head. The air itself eddied as it was drawn into a small, white sphere, identical to the one made before. The Pidgey then expertly flicked the orb at Nova. The Lucario saw the attack coming, bracing himself for the coming assault. The ball once again transformed into the shape of a blade, striking through Nova. He gasped as it seemingly sliced through his body, though once again the damage reduced by the mental training he had subjected himself to earlier in the battle. As he opened his eyes, he finally spotted Ravaya, seeing her scurrying towards the door of the house at ground level. But she was accompanied by a double, just as his trainer had foreseen. He smiled as he watched them force a hole in the door and scutter through. The two Quilava hopped through their hole, unconcerned about charges for forced entry, and then proceeded to fill the building with smoke. The real Ravaya opened her mouth, and billowing smoke came forth, quickly filling up the small house. Outside, Nova watched as smoke came from the small hole in the door and seeped through the gaps between wall and window. He then ran straight towards the roof of the house, startling Aeromancer, who quickly flew up towards the sky to avoid any attack. However, the Lucario was not concerned with the Pidgey. Instead, his right arm began to glow a vivid white, and he clenched his fist. As he reached the edge of the area of raised ground he jumped acrobatically into the air, bringing his arm up as he did so. He gave a loud shout as he descended, and then brought his arm down heavily upon the corner of the house. His arm broke straight through the corner of the two walls, bringing the whole roof crashing down. Ravaya heard a great crash from outside, and gave a cry as the roof came down upon her and her Substitute. The smoke was forced out of every hole that was formed by the blow, and it quickly dissipated. Ravaya gave a groan and shook some of the wreckage off of her, the fire on her back momentarily snuffed out.

Nova meanwhile landed with a soft thud, smirking at the scale of the damage he had caused. Aeromancer meanwhile had to find a new roost, what with the house being demolished. However, first he saw it fit to attack. He swooped down towards the Lucario, bringing his right wing behind his head as he did so. The rushing wind was swept into another sphere, and as he bombed towards Nova he unleashed the ball, and once again it changed form, into the shape of a blade. Nova suddenly looked round as the blade came towards him, and had just enough time to brace himself. But once again it seemed to slice straight through him, and he gasped. He was okay, however, and had recovered by the time Aeromancer landed a few yards in front of him. Nova however was more concerned with Ravaya. The Quilava thought about her orders, but was completely unsure as to what she should do. As far as her trainer was concerned, she should have been in the house or had a Substitute. But neither of those conditions was filled. Eventually, she decided that another SmokeScreen attack was in order. She opened her mouth and spewed a multitude of thick, black smoke. Nova was slightly confused at this – he had been told to wait for a Will-O-Wisp attack, but instead smoke had come forth from the Quilava. He took the initiative, however, and performed the attack he had been ordered to anyway. He quickly channelled energy to the tips of his fingers, spread his feet and arched his bark. He placed his right arm out in front of him, angled towards the ground, and his left arm behind him, towards the sky. He then quickly shifted his feet around, gaining speed and momentum, and his arms travelled in wide circles about him. The energy in his fingertips was then released, and a huge whirlwind erupted around him, hiding him from view. The tornado of energy took on a vivid sky-blue colour as it turned, and Aeromancer was immediately enveloped by the energy. He was thrown backwards viciously, and hit the floor by the rock wall that formed part of Silver Cave. He was bruised, battered and even felt more fatigued. Ravaya was also taken in by the whirlwind, and she was thrown backwards, the strewn wreckage of the house narrowly missing her body. She hit the ground with a bump, but managed to pick herself up. Nova stopped spinning, his tornado having become an interesting mixture of Aura and smoke, and the area around him completely devastated. He smirked, his work done, for now.

End of Round

Kunai (O)
Nova
448.png

Male
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 88%
Energy: 56%
Status: Very happy with how the round has gone; Attack and Defence raised (both +2), Special Attack and Special Defence also raised (both +1).

VincentAlliath (O)
Aeromancer
016.png

Male
Ability: Tangled Feet
Health: 73%
Energy: 58%
Status: Battered and bruised; Burned (3% damage per round), Attack lowered as a result of the Burn (-2), Speed raised (+2).

Sentrovasi (O)
Ravaya
156.png

Female
Ability: Blaze
Health: 64%
Energy: 62%
Status: Shocked with the power of Nova’s Heavenly Whirl; Attack raised (+1).

Referee’s Notes

-Air Slash’s accuracy rolls were 29, 36 and 47, with anything from 1-95 hitting.
-Heavenly Whirl’s accuracy roll was 41, with anything from 1-95 hitting.
-The nature of Heavenly Whirl meant that the smoke from SmokeScreen was immediately dissipated.
-Oh, and no, I'm not using the official TCoD scales. I'm going with the ones I use in PFUASB (though this round was done before the latest - admittedly minor - change to the values given).​

o_o I haven't done this in forever.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Negrek's o o x
porygon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hetagon (X)
Ability : Trace [[Static]]
Health : 100
Energy : 94
Chills Used: o o o[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Conversion 2 (ground) ~ Protect ~ Facade [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]

elekid[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sparky (M)
Ability : Static
Health : 33
Energy : 56
Status: Intoxicated [7% each round]; Happy, but feeling the power of toxic
Chills Used: o o x [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thunderbolt ~ Ice Punch/Psychic ~ Fire Punch/Psychic

Referee's Notes:

- Rain Dance active [+3 actions more] [/FONT]

------------------------------

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Rain continues to pour down upon the Viridian Forest, and the ground is becoming quite like a swamp or marsh. However, our two opponents Hetagon and Sparky battle on. Currently, each Pokemon is standing dead still, staring its opponent down while it awaits on its Master's commands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The plans of attack for each Pokemon have now been issued, and it's quite obvious that Sparky is starting to feel the poison run through his veins. His movements are becoming slowed, and he is starting to look a little pale. Hetagon, however, is still looking bright, even though the poison is now invading his veins. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now following its orders, Hetagon begins to transform his genetics, his very own DNA. He quickly transforms himself into a ground being. His entire being is now based upon the very soil of the Earth.. Meanwhile, Sparky is using up a good bit of energy and mustering up a Thunderbolt. The sky begins to turn dark, even darker than it was. Out of the sky comes plummeting down a giant bolt of pure electric power, aimed straight for Hetagon. However, since it was now a being of the ground ,it felt no pain. It took the full blow of the attack, and golden bolts of electricity ran through the ground. The entire arena was momentarily electrolyzed, and there was a great flash of light. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]After the dazzling light show, Sparky began to concentrate and mustered Ice into its fist. It focused all of its strength into its hand, and began to feel the very essence of cold. Sparky's fist glowed with a deep blue aura, and suddenly he leaped right at Hetagon. A streak of blue lined the area where Sparky had jumped. At the last second, however, Hetagon had brought up a large, blue, and transparent barrier. Instead of slamming its fist into Hetagon, Sparky found himself slamming right into a blue wall. Upon the impact of Sparky's punch, the wall absorbed all of the impact as it rippled, almost like a barrier of water. Astonished, Sparky leaped back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now Sparky began to feel anger running through his very veins – along with the poison from the toxic. Once again, Sparky began to focus energy into his fist. His knuckles began to catch fire. Suddenly, his entire hand turned a deep red. Sparky took the same action and suddenly leaped right at Hetagon. A streak of fire lined the area where Sparky jumped, but only momentarily. The rain was pouring down quite hard, and the fire in the air and in Sparky's fist began to lessen. Once Sparky had reached Hetagon, only a small flame remained. He still however, punched Hetagon with all the force he could muster, and Hetagon took the punch. It slid backwards a couple of feet, but did not feel much, as the attack had definitely been weakened as Sparky traveled through the air. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]In retaliation, Hetagon began to bound straight for its opponent. However, it stopped midway and suddenly realized that poison was running through his veins, thanks to his opponent. This put Hetagon in a rage, and all it wanted to do was cause Sparky pain. This, in fact, is all it did do. Charging straight towards the small being, Hetagon began its attack by ramming into him with all its strength. It then continued on to pummel its opponent. It slammed it from all angles, the whole time not letting Sparky take one move. It rammed, bashed, and slammed into the Elekid. Feeling that justice had been served, Hetagon back off of its opponent and waited for its next command. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The poison running through each of their veins began to become painful, and they each felt it eating at their insides. The rain was still pouring down harder than ever, and the Pokemon began to notice the swampy conditions of their battlefield. Hetagon, however, was floating and wasn't affected by the swampy field. Sparky however, knew that his movement was going to begin to get slower and slower as the poison ate away at him and he sank into the ground. The only sound now was the pitter-patter of rain, and the panting of the Pokemon.[/FONT]

------------------------------

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Negrek's o o x
porygon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hetagon (X)
Health : 96
Energy : 80
Status: Feeling relieved by getting its revenge; The toxic [1%] is starting to invade many parts of its body.
Chills Used: o o o[/FONT]

elekid[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sparky (M)
Health : 16
Energy : 39
Status: Intoxicated [8% each round]; Feeling extremely pained by the toxins running through its veins.
Chills Used: o o x [/FONT]

Referee's Notes:

- Rain Dance active [+2 actions more] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- Field becoming muddy; Sparky's movement is slowed[/FONT]

Last edited:
Applying for the Novice-Level

Arena Description:

Negrek said:
3v3
1 pokémon at a time
Arena: A clearing in Viridian Forest. A fairly simple battlefield, with thick grass and the occasional rotted tree stump, bordered by dense, gnarled trees.

Negrek's Pokemon: o o x
porygon
[Hetagon] (X)
Health : 100
Energy : 94
Chills Used: o o o
Conversion 2 (ground) ~ Protect ~ Facade

Elekid
Sparky [m]
Health - 33
Energy - 56
Thunderbolt ~ Ice Punch/Psychic ~ Fire Punch/Psychic​

Referee's Notes:

- Rain Dance active [+3 actions more]

Round *insert round number*

The rain starts to fall slightly more harder then it had in the last round, as both Pokemon face each other. They ignore the rain for now, focusing on the voices of they masters.

Hetagon is floating proudly on a stump of wood, watching Sparky smirk inside some tall grass. Their order's clear in they're head, Sparky is the first to make a move, chagrining up and releasing a large amount of electricity. He sent all of it through the grass, burning much of it and striking Hetagon head on. The baby Pokemon smirks briefly before faltering as the poison becomes more prominent in his body. As that happened, Hetagon quickly converts its type as ordered, shining for a moment as it cells become polarized, gaining it a faint charge. A small feeling of throwing up happens to pass the Proygon's head as the poison just starts.

Remembering more of it's orders, Hetagon releases a shield of energy that blockades between it and the Elekid. It would be invisible, but rain streaks and dabs are visible on. Unfortunately for Sparky, he ignores it and jumps out of the grass without noticing it while his right arm freezes over with ice. In his run, the baby Pokemon slams head on with the Protect, causing him too loose the ice on his arm and fall into the muddy ground. There, he feels more of the toxins taking over him, and his eye blackout for a brief moment.

Not wanting to give up, Sparky jumps from the mud as the Protect barrier falls. Acting fast, his right arm blazes up in fire that is dampened by the rain yet still burning. He makes it to the stump and lashes at the Porygon as hard as he could with his fire arm, and then jumps back, sliding on the mud. Taking a leaping stance, Hetagon faces its opponent and uses its entire head to Facade and slam the Elekid from its stump, hitting so hard that it was bounced back onto the stump.

Negrek's Pokemon: o o x
porygon
[Hetagon] (X)
Health : 86
Energy : 79
Status: Fresh and happy, but a little sick to the stomach; Toxic [2%] starting to seep in
Chills Used: o o o
Conversion 2 (ground) (Electric) ~ Protect ~ Facade

Elekid
Sparky [m]
Health - 11
Energy - 36
Status: Toxic [8% each round]; Sick and a little dizzy, the toxic is starting to be too much.
Thunderbolt ~ Ice Punch/Psychic ~ Fire Punch/Psychic

Reff notes

-Rain dance has two more rounds left
-Sparky had 1% damage done as a result of hitting the Protect barrier.
-Conversion changed Hetagon into an electric type because Sparky has a greater speed, therefor using thunderbolt before Hetagon and causing him to change to thunderbolts type.
-Rain Halved Sparky's firepunch.
-Facade's power doubled due to Hetagon being poisoned.
-Negrek orders next
-Weathermaster after
-I reff for cash

Because I haven't nearly enough time to try out for Elite, I'll try Advanced. It's not my best, but I might as well try.

PFU scales used, so don't hate me too much.

--

Lady Jax (OOOO)
Marceau
Mr. Mime [Male]
Health: 86%
Energy:79%
Attacks: Protect ~ Calm Mind/Close eyes and ears ~ Hyper Beam

Magmortified (OOOO)
[Warren
Weavile [Male]
Health: 83%
Energy: 80%
Attacks: Night Slash ~ Swagger/Night Slash/Substitute ~ Psych Up
Status: Raised Attack (+2), Substitute (10%), Poisoned (2% - 4
% next round), mildly confused (40%).

Round 3

Warren, still slightly confused, staggers slightly for a minute. He raises one slightly hooked claw to his feathery head, and scratches slightly. But then the look of cluelessness vanishes, to be replaced by one of utter determination. His eyes, once staring in opposite directions, snap back to the Mr. Mime. He ducks down slightly, looking for an angle, before bolting at Marceau with everything that he has. He tries to avoid the patches of drying goo, slowing him down slightly. The substitute mimics its creator, weaving in and out of dry patches, but then stops abruptly as its creator vanishes. Marceau blinks. Confused, he tries to figure out what could have happened. He was supposed to grab onto the substitute, wasn't he? Just in time, something clicked. Focusing pure energy, and exerting it around him in a shimmering pink-tinted forcefield. Warren suddenly drops from above the waiting Mr. Mime, his hooked claws slamming down upon the shimmering dome. A shockwave runs throughout the forcefield from impact, but remains unchanged. Marceau and his somewhat forgotten clone breathe a sigh of relief as Warren, hissing and cursing, jumps back behind his Substitute.

The Weavile then changes his stance, from one of combat to one of relaxation. He stands upright, claws hanging loosely at his side, and a twisted smile spreads across his face. He stretches his arms, as if saying "what're you waiting for?", before letting his left arm hang limp. With his right claw, he curves it slightly. He mutters two words in his own tongue, but could have been understood by anyone; "bring it". The Mr. Mime remembers his master's orders as his face turns from pink, to a deep shade of red. Rage begins to cloud his mind, and he begins to feel new strength in his rarely-used muscles. His thoughts sway on revenge for a moment, but a bunny swims into his trail of thought, seemingly cutting off the anger. The Mr. Mime focuses on this as best he can, trying to calm himself down. Slowly, his face returns to its usual pink colour.

Warren, now having the Mime where he wants him, begins to alter his trail of thoughts. Reaching about, he tries to grab a hold of Marceau's mind-frequency. Having successfully linked his and Marceau's states of mind, he gasps slightly as the Weavile feels a surge of strength course through his muscles. Smiling, he opens his eyes to glance triumphantly at the Mime. But what should have been a threatening glare became a wide-eyed stare as he finally saw what Marceau had been preparing while the Weavile had closed his eyes. A shimmering ball of swirling colours was forming in the Mime's hands, and continually growing. Having been the size of a football when Warren had first laid eyes on it, it was now the size of a large Bulbasaur. Marceau grinned at the look of sheer horror on Warren's face, as the beam became uncontrollable. The collage of colours broke out of its ball-shape mould, becoming a wild beam instead, with a width that could have been that of a Mamoswine. As it coursed through the stadium, in a perfect straight line, both Warren and his substitute raised their arms to protect themselves. The Hyper Beam ripped through Warren's substitute immediately, and hit him with a force so tremendous that he was thrown off his feet and consumed. The beam keeps firing relentlessly, Marceau using every fibre of his will to keep it going. After what could have been longer, but was in reality only ten seconds, the beam began to thin until it became nothing. Marceau looked up, and was relieved to see that the Weavile was no longer there. The trail of destruction leads from Marceau's end of the arena, a great trench having been ripped out of the arena floor, ending between two of the pillars.

Wrap-Up

Lady Jax (OOOO)
Marceau
Mr. Mime [Male]
Health: 86%
Energy:61%
Status: Raised Attack, SA and SD (+1), 1 Clone. Tiring rapidly.

Magmortified (XOOO)
Warren
Weavile [Male]
Health: KO'd
Energy:KO'd

Arena Notes
- There is a giant trench running through the centre of the arena, from one end to the other, roughly one metre deep (varying) and 5 metres wide. The pillars either side of the trench have been damaged slightly on the side closest to the attack, and could topple at any moment.​

Ref's Notes
- Since Marceau was using Calm Mind to rid himself of Confusion, no stat-boosts were added.
- Magmortified, feel free to send out your second pokémon.

Last edited:
Kindling Queen

Your battle description is quite vague and often leaves a lot unexplained. This is most noticeable with facade, which isn't described at all; Hetagon merely "countered" with it, and Sparky was left aching as a result. Reffing is about more than just reiterating the pokémon's commands with more words in between. Your job is to help battlers picture how attacks are performed and how they interact with one another in order for players to be able to formulate strategies. At times, it is difficult to tell what's going on due to grammatical errors. Ice punch is an example of this, as the sentence about it is just a fragment and no further explanation is given.

Additionally, you seem to have forgotten that the rain ought to have ended after the last action of this round. If it did, there was no mention one way or the other. Also, it would be helpful to include the fact that Hetagon is converted to ground-type in its final status report, as this is something easily forgotten otherwise.

In terms of damage and energy, you're actually okay. I think you're the only person who took this mock for whom I don't have serious issues with the energy, although I would have taken a couple more points of energy off Hetagon myself, as a consideration for how strong its facade attack would be (140 base power, nearly as much as hyper beam). However, something's gone wrong with Sparky's health. If you subtract the 7% he should have taken from poison damage, he only took 5% from the facade, which would be what it would do at half power. It looks as though you forgot Sparky's toxic damage, but other than that, the pokémon's health scores are okay.

By and large your numbers are pretty good. It's the battle description that's holding you back at this point. Work a bit on grammar and describing an attack's execution, rather than simply giving its name and direct effects, and you should be on your way to an approval. Not Approved

Crowned Clown

Your battle description is really pretty good up to the last paragraph. You ref conversion 2 incorrectly (it lasts indefinitely unless actively changed), but other than that, you do a decent job of describing attacks. Up until the end, anyway: facade gets almost no description, other than an indication that it is used, and this leads to some of my confusion with the way you've reffed it. Both Sparky and Hetagon seem to have taken about the same amount of damage from the collision of the two attacks (3-4%), but even if you were reffing facade at minimum damage potential (70 base power), it should have done significantly more than a rain-weakened non-STAB fire punch to the opposition. And speaking of rain, you've misinterpreted the note from the end of the previous round, which said that rain dance would be active for three more actions. Three actions is one round, so rain dance should have ended with the last action of this round. You take three actions to mean three rounds, then change the word "round" into "turn" in your post-battle description, which as any signature move approver will tell you, is a heinous crime indeed.

As previously stated, I don't understand Sparky's ending health at all. It seems like he should have taken more damage than he did from facade, and you must have completely forgotten the damage from poison. That, or you took the 7% out of energy instead of damage, because as it stands Sparky's used way too much juice. The two pokémon were about equal in terms of exertion, with Hetagon coming out a little higher if anything, thanks to protect and facade, both of which are moderately to very powerful attacks. As it is, though, Sparky used almost twice as much energy--quite a bit more than is appropriate for the attacks he was using. If anything, I think that Hetagon is a little under the mark on his energy usage, but Sparky is definitely over.

Your battle description is in fact pretty good; as I said, I didn't see any serious issues (besides conversion) until the last paragraph. What I'd say you should concentrate on at this point, then, is your health and energy scoring. There were things I didn't understand about pretty much all the numbers you gave at the end. Not Approved

Ekibyōgami

As with Kunai below you, I have only one major problem with this reffing, which comes about as a result of the roof collapsing on top of Ravaya in the second action. First of all, if I'm reading the arena description right, the house is something like 10m x 10m square. This, in combination with your description of meteor mash, leads me to believe that the roof should not have fallen in unless the place were made by the World's Crappiest Carpenter. If meteor mash were reffed as an attack that, say, connects and then causes an explosion of steel-type energy over a wide radius, I could see it taking out most if not all of the roof. The way you did it suggested a very concentrated attack--indeed an attack where a lot of the power stems from how concentrated it is. If you rip a hole in a 100 m[sup]2[/sup] roof's corner, the other corner is probably not going to fall in unless you manage to hit an area of extreme structural weakness (I don't think one such would exist at a corner). In short, I see no reason why the entire roof would have come down.

Beyond that, though, was what happened to Ravaya's substitute as a result. Looking at Ravaya's health, she lost 15% to make the sub, 10% to heavenly whirl... and that leaves 10% for the roof falling on top of her. This seems like a reasonable amount, around rock slide level, which is probably the attack most equivalent to "roof falling on you," but that means that Ravaya's substitute should also have survived the cave-in, unless it somehow managed to take significantly more damage than its creator. My best guess is that you had the substitute buried in the debris; I could see this, I think, depending on how you reffed substitute and its determination to defend its master. However, what I don't understand here was why the substitute's fate isn't discussed at all. It's simply not there once the third action begins, and Ravaya in fact doesn't even bother looking around for it, despite the fact that it might give her some clue as to what to do.

Other than Ravaya's health, I'm feeling far too lazy to calc through the other energy and damage scores; they look roughly okay at a glance. As with Kunai, only one major gripe. I'm willing to Approve you for Advanced Level if you will take it.

KMew

Your battle description is okay, although issues with tense and with pronouns (for some reason you make the genderless pokémon "he" and the male one "it" throughout most of the reffing) do distract. While you do a better job than the other applicants thus far who have taken this mock, at times you take the opposite problem and indulge too much in overly extravagant descriptions of the battle actions. This, for example:

However, since it was now a being of the ground ,it felt no pain. It took the full blow of the attack, and golden bolts of electricity ran through the ground. The entire arena was momentarily electrolyzed, and there was a great flash of light.
In general, this description sounds better suited to a thunder attack, which would be expected to fall from the sky and, in general, be that impressive. Ignoring that "electrolyze" does not mean what you think it means, this description in general seems to suggest that Sparky used a different attack than he really did. While lack of description is more a problem than an abundance of it, you do want to make sure that you don't cause readers to become confused as to what attacks the pokémon are using.

You, like Crowned Clown above, appear to have misinterpreted the "three actions more" of rain dance as some entirely different period of time, though at least you avoid the dreaded "turns" mistake.

The energy use is a little extreme, and as I told Crowned Cown, Hetagon should have been the one to use more. As it is, while I accept that you might be using a different scale or even my old one, I don't find the energy levels you've put down appropriate. You also seem to have taken a bit of the bite out of Hetagon's facade attack, meaning that Sparky's health is a little higher than I would have anticipated.

This is pretty close to approvable as it is, actually. My primary concerns are the energy scores for both pokémon and the mess-up on rain dance; other than that, it's mostly a variety of small problems in the description that combine to get you. Tighten things up a little in general, and you should be fine. Not Approved

Dragon_night

Your grammar is atrocious, to the point where sentences are totally incoherent, such as this one: "A small feeling of throwing up happens to pass the Proygon's head as the poison just starts." You do seem to have the right idea of what you should be writing about, as your description of protect, for example, was decent, and the description did get a little better as the body paragraphs went on. You did ref conversion 2 incorrectly, however: Hetagon would have become ground-type because conversion 2 is designed to make porygon the type that is best-defended against whatever kind of attack strikes it. Because ground is immune to electric, it therefore would have been the type into which Hetagon would change.

I have no idea why people are having so much trouble with the weather condition, but apparently it's a good thing I included it. As I said to everyone above you, rain dance should have ended on the last action of this round. Also, I can't tell whether Hetagon is still electric-type or not; that's something you should include in your final status notes.

Both pokémon's health scores are about right, but your energy is quite a bit off. Hetagon should have used more energy than Sparky, and Sparky definitely shouldn't have been taxed a whole 20% to make his round of attacks, moderately powerful though they were. About half that would be more correct.

I'm afraid you've got more work to do before you can be approved. I'd start by cleaning up your battle description as much as possible; it doesn't have to be of (decent) fanfic quality, but it does at least have to be coherent and fairly easy to read. Other than that, energy is the area where you struggle the most. Not Approved

Kunai

Overall, your battle description isn't bad. However, I'm afraid this one shows signs of being rushed. The first paragraph, in particular, abounds with sentence fragments, improperly directed phrases, and word repetition (count how many times you used the word "slightly," in the paragraph as a whole and then within the first two sentences). There are also some relatively confusing parts--the one that stuck out, in my mind, was the bunny thing at the calm mind/swagger injunction. Having witnessed your conversation about Macabre about confusion, I feel as though I know where that one comes from; if I didn't, though, that would have been an immediate "wft--bunny?" from me.

Now, the thing that really bothers me about this reffing is the immediate knock-out. Now, I don't really have a problem with Jax's strategy here, but rather with the way you reffed it. She had a rather important component to her command that you ignored--namely, that Warren was to be forced as close to the edge as possible before the beam would be fired; indeed, Marceau was to try manhandling the substitute and generally shoving Warren along if necessary. This is because, even at point-blank range, if you're protected by a 10% substitute against a non-STAB, not-particularly-boosted hyper beam, you aren't going to fly that far. Hyper beam would probably be doing 15-17% damage, maybe 18 or 19% depending on how much you add for the range on it. Nevertheless, that means the substitute's going to screen half to two-thirds of the attack's power; even if you could be force an opponent with big claws who would undoubtedly be holding on for dear life back, say, a meter or four with a full-on hyper beam under ordinary circumstances, you're going to need to cut this in half when the bite is taken out of the attack by the interference of the substitute. Not only that, but right in the arena description Jax writes that it'd be "a feat" to fall off, given how wide the platform is; she doesn't give exact dimensions, I don't think, but my impression of something more than a few meters wide. I just don't see this attack being able to knock Warren off, but perhaps more important than that, you discounted about half of Jax's command for that action, and what might be the most important part of that action, in fact.

Marceau's energy is roughly okay, making that problem with hyper beam the only major gripe I have. However, I would say that I consider it fairly major; while I know that you're a decent referee overall from your other matches, you don't really show that with this particular round. I'm willing to approve you at Novice Level if you're interested, or you can try again later for something higher if you'd prefer not to work your way up.

Paychecks

Kusari: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $60
Negrek: 1 2 3 = $30
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 = $40
Chiropter: 1 = $10
Light Mightyena: 1 2 $12

If I've missed any, please say so.

Applying for a novice referee position.

Negrek said:
3v3
1 pokémon at a time

Porygon
Hetagon (X, Porygon)
Health - 100%
Energy - 94%
Conversion 2 (ground) ~ Protect ~ Facade

Elekid
Sparky[Elekid][m]
Health - 33%
Energy - 56%
Thunderbolt ~ Ice Punch/Psychic ~ Fire Punch/Psychic

Referee's Notes:
- Rain Dance active [+3 actions more]​

Preround
Rain pours down upon the combatants. The skies are dark, but this does not deter them. They stare each other in the face, ready to comply with their trainer's commands. "Whew, it looks like things are getting really tough for Sparky!" The referee, Arylett, spoke into her microphone, which seemed to be getting doused. "Good thing this is water-proof. But let us see if he can pull off a last minute revenge! Round ___ start!"

Sparky eyeballed the Porygon carefully. So he was just going to sit there undamaged whilst Sparky was to the point of fainting? Ha ha! He didn't think so! The Elekid smirked... he was feeling confident. That Porygon? Hmph, wasn't going to last that long. Wait until it got a load of this. Listening most happily to his trainer's commands, he began to charge electrical energy within his body. His fur fizzled and sparked as he released a massive yellow streak of pure electricity from his horns. It burst forward with immense energy, towards Hetagon. But it was ready, oh yes it was. The virtual Pokemon focused itself and slowly, its form began to change. Hetagon's molecules were rearranging themselves, until it had become a brownish colour. Now its body was composed of earth. Sparky gaped, his mouth wide open. The Thunderbolt connected right on to Hetagon, but it didn't feel so much as a tickle. The energy sparked for a bit on its new earthy body and then fizzled away feebly. Grrr... stupid Porygon...

[Hectagon: -0H, - 2E, feeling rather victorious, toxic still seeping in.] [Sparky: -0H, -4E, extremely irritated, the toxic doesn't make it any better]

So that Porygon was going to try that on him, huh? Well, he wasn't going to take that! Oh no. The Electric-type balled up his fist as an icy blue frost began to gather on it. He aimed and then let loose, punching at the Porygon with his frosted fist. However, Hectagon began to bleep in a most mocking way... As the punch had hit it, it had formed a wide solid transparent barrier around itself, with which the Elekid's fist collided. Sparky cursed mentally to himself and shook his knuckles, which hurt a bit from hitting the Protect. When was he going to score a hit...?

[Hectagon: -0H, -6E, finds that little Elekid's anger most amusing.] [Sparky: -0H, -5E, immensely frustrated, wants to rip that Porygon limb from limb]

This time, this time, that Porygon was going to feel the pain. And he didn't care how or what did it, he just cared that it got done. Sparky balled up his other fist (the good one, the one he hadn't used to hit the Protect) and began to think of his anger. His rage... was red hot... like flames... And his knuckles began to ignite. Crimson flames sparked forth from them, but under the downpour they fizzled out a bit, to a small weak ember. He winded up and struck hard at the stupid mass of earthy pixels. It connected and Hectagon was knocked several inches backwards. Oww... it hurt... It could feel some of the toxic beginning to take effect as well... Oh, that Elekid was going to get it now! Now, Hectagon was fired up! It gathered up all the rage and frustration he had at that stupid-looking Electric-type and flailed insanely about, smacking him with its sharp edges. Sparky was being completely beat up by some pixels! The Porygon finished it off with a large slap across his face via its tail. The Elekid cringed, helpless at the mercy of both the angered Porygon and the toxic, which had activated and caused him intense pain. However, Hectagon was now also at the mercy of toxic as the poisons had seeped completely into its body. The Porygon cringed as well.

[Hectagon: -4H, -6E, very satisfied, but beginning to feel a little ill, toxic has finally set in.] [Sparky: -18H, -7E, not feeling too great]

Postround
The clouds began to clear away as the downpour finally stopped. Rays of sunlight shined upon the combatants, but both of them were feeling too ill to notice. Though indeed the light had come, this was a very small victory for the both of them, for they were now under the effects of toxic. The refree observed the scene and spoke into her microphone once more: "Ouch! Sorry there, Sparky... Looks like Hectagon got the best of this one some nicely handled tactics! However, the two of them are now severely poisoned! Better luck next time, Sparky, better luck..."

Porygon
Hetagon (X, Porygon)
Health - 94%
Energy - 80%

Elekid
Sparky[Elekid][m]
Health - 15%
Energy - 40%
Chills Used: OOX​

Referee's Notes:
- Rain Dance has ended.
- Facade did double damage due to Hexigon's condition.
- Hexigon is now fully under the effects of toxic.
- Negrek attacks next round.

Last edited:
Porygon
Hetagon (X, Porygon)
Health - 100
Energy - 94

Elekid
Sparky[Elekid][m]
Health - 33
Energy - 56

Round x

Negrek and Weathermaster face each other in the small, dense clearing of the forest. Grass and flowers cover the field, with visible marks of some trampled terrain where the pokémon previously had ran, slid, or attacked on. The sky is as cloudy as ever - the rain is beginning to strengthen and the raindrop have been more forecefully coming down. Hetagon is hovering in the air, looking good as new, while Sparky stands on the ground, panting and scratched. Ready to battle, the trainers issue their commands and the pokémon know what to do!

Sparky stays in position and closes his eyes. Electricity sparkles and jumps around his arm, legs, and torso. Suddenly he is ready, and opens his eyes. Meanwhile, Hetagon seems to stay in position as well. However, it is "upgrading" itself - using Conversion2, it is changing his type to Ground, by remembering and examining a move of that type Sparky had used - how did it go? Looking refreshed, Hetagon looks forward to Sparky, gleefully anticipating the result. Sparky is charging toward Hetagon furiously and in the middle of the field, he unleashes a gigantic bolt of electricity and directs it forcefully toward his opponent. However, as the electricity collides with Hetagon, it is unfazed - the electricity immediately stops, leaving Hetagon proud of himself and his trainer.

Sparky - -0 H, -5 E - Angry at Hetagon. Hetagon - -0 H, -4 E - Still refreshed, not hurt.

Hetagon is left cheerful from the last move. He concentrates his power, and creates a tall, protective energy barrier around himself. He knows - or hopes - it will be sturdy and strong enough to hold the impact of Sparky's Ice Punch. Sparky's hand is beginning to feel cold - soon, the sweat and water from the rain on his hand has frozen into powerful ice. Not realizing the Protect barrier is there, he starts to run again toward Hetagon, frustrated and wanting revenge. On impact of Sparky's Ice Punch, the protective barrier quickly starts to disintegrate. After seeing Hetagon faintly from the now translucent lining, he pulls back.

Sparky - -0 H, -9 E - Frustrated and furious. Hetagon - -0 H, -10E - A little tired, but otherwise okay.

Finally, Sparky, even angrier than ever at Sparky's protective nature of his moves, prepares a Fire Punch as he steps back from Hetagon. The power of fire and flames start coming to Sparky's hand, but stop at the middle of what he would have liked - the rain beats down and douses the fire, partly. Not caring, he runs for the last time in this round toward Hetagon determinedly, and forcefully punches at its face. Hetagon is pushed back and quickly moves down and his fall is broken by the layer of grass, just barely missing a tree. He quickly moves to higher altitude and rushes at Sparky, taking out his pressure and anxiety of the poison on Sparky. Sparky falls back, sliding on the layer of grass, tired and hurt. Hetagon is beginning to feel the effect of Toxic.

[Sparky - -16 H (toxic), -7 E - Tired and still angry. Hetagon - -6 H(toxic), -16 E - Getting a little more tired, but satisfied.

Porygon
Hetagon (X, Porygon)
Health - 94
Energy - 78
Status: Toxic starting to come [1%]; satisfied and a little tired.

Elekid
Sparky[Elekid][m]
Health - 17
Energy - 49
Status: Toxic [7% each round]; Angry and frustrated, and really feeling Toxic.

Notes -

- Thunderbolt and Ice Punch both got a point off of energy because of the rain.

It appears I should have deleted the previous mock battle.

No one after these two can test in on it.

Back
Top Bottom