• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Operation Iron Curtian

Greed

They don't call me Greed for nothing
Green Beret HQ
1900 hours

"Squad L report to the briefing room on the double!" said the loud voice over the speaker. Six men entered and sat down at the large table, these men made up Squad L. Their captain was Lucas Braviaro"Alright,listen up as of 5 minutes ago our satellites spotted a whole bunch of Soviet trucks entering what used to be a abandoned warehouse in a remote area of Siberia Russia, our Intel suggests that they might be building a super weapon of some sort. We had a man on the inside but unfortunately we lost contact with him a few days ago. Your mission is to sneak into the warehouse, confirm rather or not they are building a super weapon, rescue our man on the inside and destroy the super weapon. You and your men will get on a helicopter at 2000 hours from here you will fly to the location of the warehouse, now we don't want them knowing that your there so you all will be dropped off a few miles from the warehouse. If they are building a super weapon then send the information to HQ also if you can try and get a few photos of it as well, this thing needs to be destroyed if we give them a chance to use this weapon then millions of innocent lives will be lost no doubt, understood?" "sir,yes sir!" said the men of Squad L "Dismissed!" said the general.

Soviet warehouse
2100 hours
Siberia, Russia

"How goes the construction on the iron curtain commander?" said a voice from the screen "Good,We have 37% of it built comrade general” said the tall man sitting in front of the screen “Very good, our Intel got word of a group of Green berets headed towards the warehouse" "Yes, I heard everything from my spy, I stepped up security and added some more cameras" "Good,infrom me when you have 50% of it built" "Yes general, dascavonia" the screen turned black and the commander got up and looked out of the large window at the large object now known as the Iron Curtain."So, it’s Squad L that's being sent, heh" said the commander to himself "Braviaro won't get so luckily like he did when we last meet in Germany, luckily I managed to escape with this scar” he traced the scar on his face that went down all the way over his right eye with his finger all the way down while talking.

Siberia, Russia
2300 hours
5 miles west of the soviet warehouse

"Alright!,the DZ is up ahead...night vision on!" said Braviaro over the loud roar of the Helicopter's blades.The six men jumped from the helicopter and landed feet first in the 6 inch deep snow “The warehouse is west of here, move!"

Meanwhile
"Commander Yuri, I have good news for you” said a voice coming from the screen. It was not the voice of the general, no this voice was much different from the general."Ah Dr.Zelinsky, what news do you have for me?" said Yuri in a happy like tone" "We have reached 50% construction on the Iron Curtain" "Excellent, I will let General Krukov now” the screen went black for a second then Krukov appeared on it "Commrade general, We have reached 50% on the Iron Curtain" "Good, I will inform Premier Cherdenko right away” said krukov then the screen went black.

Inside the warehouse walls, Squad L are making sure there are no guards or cameras around they're location “This doesn’t make since, why wouldn't they have a camera or guards were there is a hole on the wall...?" exclaimed Braviaro "Remember we're dealing with soviets, they're not that intelligent.” said John Ackermen in a cocky like voice."Well whatever the reason stay on guard” said Braviaro "Yes sir!" said the other men of Squad L.

"Yuri,Squad L has made it inside the warehouse walls and are headed to the location of they're "spy" Warren" said a voice over a radio "good,make sure you lead them to Warren he knows what to do from there" the radio was then silent."Soon Braviaro very soon I will have my revenge,I will make sure of it." said Yuri with a smerk. Inside the warehouse
"According to GPS we are 7 stories below were they are working on the Super Weapon"said Braviaro" Also,the floor above us is where they are holding Warren is being held captive"."Well let's quit pissing around and rescue him!" said Ackermen."Your right let's go".Squad L entered a service elevator to the next floor, there they saw only two guards guarding a small cell behind them" Only 2 guards?"said Ackermen "Most likely because of the super weapon I would think" said Braviaro "alright here's the deal me and Ackermen will free Warren will the 4 of you will gather intel on the super weapon" said Braviaro "Sir!" said the four men and without haste they quickly entered the service elevator up to the top floor."Ok lets-" "Atention guards on the second floor there has been a sighting of some intruders report outsdie and inspect,leave the prisoner the cameras are all focusing on the cell" said Yuri over a intercom.The two guards ran to the elevator and headed downstairs "That voice...that was the soviet commander Yuri's voice!" said Braviaro with a odd look on his face" You sure it was him?" asked Ackermen "Oh I wouldn't forget the voice of the man who almost killed me back in Germany,so that commie bastered is still alive huh?" said Braviaro with an angered look."Hey nows our chance to free Warren" excliamed Ackermen as he dashed to the cell "Right!" the two men made short work of the cell by pulgging the GPS into the keypad for the code "Thank god, I thought I was dead for sure!" said Warren as he ran out of the cell the great Braviaro and Ackermen "What happend to you?" asked Braviaro "We need to get to the top floor I'll explain along the way"

7 minutes later
"And that's how I got here" said Warren" Those soviets are going to p-" Braviaro paused as the doors open to reveal the four men on they're knees with the hands behind they're heads."What hap-"Braviaro agian paused only due to feeling a gun up agianst the back of his head "You traitor!" yelled Braviaro "Sorry comrade, but I simply had to do it since it was my orders after all" said Ackermen only this time he spoke with a russian accent.Warren soon went to where the other four men where pulled out a pistol and pointed it at the first Squad memeber's head. *BANG!* is the sound that rang through Braviro's ears after seeing one of his men fall to the ground with a puddle of blood around his head.*BANG!*another Squad member shot in the head. All Braviaro could do was to watch helplessly while his men were shot in the back of the head by the other traitor Warren,with in a minute all four men where dead."Well well well,look who decied to greet us with his presence" said Yuri as he walked up to the railing clapping his hands slowly while smerking "So you lived through our battle in Germany I see" said Braviaro "Yes I manged to escape with this scar, and from since then it reminds me of how much I hate you" said Yuri. "So you had this planned from the begging I see" "yes, and soon it will be 3/4ths done once I kill you" said Yuri "Go ahead!,at least I'll die honorablely." Yuri walked down the stairs and up to Braviaro and put his gun to his head “I thank you, but I'm afraid you have outlived your usefullness.You know just enough to me and with that the future of the Soviet Republic, I will not say dasvedanya as I can asure you we will never...meet....again"
Just as Yuri was about to pull the trigger..*BOOM!* A tank had blowin a huge hole in the wall and pulled foreward inside the warehouse. The top opened to reveal another green beret Sargent Wil Clewis. “Lucas get down!” shouted Wil as he pulled out an M16 and shot the guards around him. Yuri got to his feet and ran to the elevator. “Shit he’s getting away!” said Lucas as he grabbed one of the dead soldiers’ AK47 and ran to the eleveator doors and opened them. “Look’s like we’re gonna have to slide down the cable if we wanna catch Yuri” said Wil as both men put on gloves and grabbed a hold of the elevator cords and slid down them. The elevator opened up and Yuri ran into the barracks and told all of the guards what had happened. All of the guards quickly got up, got their weapons and gear and ran to the Lab. “Damn! I knew I was forgetting someone!” said Yuri as he pounded his fist against the wall. “I think it’s time to get an express chopper to Der Riese” said Yuri as he smiled and left towards the helipad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom