• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestion Box

Zhorken

groove out!
Pronoun
they or she
The Suggestion Box
The Suggestion Box sits at the main counter of Referee HQ, and holds battler’s fresh new perspectives on the game, and how it could be better played.

If you have an idea you’d like to see added to ASB, post it here for discussion, or offer your own critique on somebody else’s suggestion. If enough people show interest, your idea might be put into action. Occasionally, the Head Referee/ASB Council may suggest new functions in the League to gauge public interest before implementing new policies.

You can change names yourself via the Database.

"Your Pokémon" → click the Pokémon whose name you want to change → "edit ______".

Will there be a Name Rater service added? If so, would it be a free or paid service?

You can rename your Pokémon yourself from their details pages, if that's what you mean. (... right? I mean, I am all-powerful and can rename anyone's Pokémon, but I assume everyone can rename their own Pokémon.)

Oh man I totally did not see that

Also, the last ASB hack had a linky down at the bottom of every page (where the Contact Us/TCoD/Archive/Top buttons are). Could we get that back? It was so useful.

Yeah; I PMed her about getting profile links in postbits, and someone else asked in #tcod if a general link to the hack somewhere was possible and she said yes.

It might make sense to move the information on status ailments from the damage and energy guide to the ASB rules post.

Idea!

After you pass the Referee Quiz and test battle, you should get your Referee Degree! (Purely because it rhymes) And have a little icon displayed next to your username in the Database. Or something like that to designate refs.

In the shop, can there be a 'buy a random egg' thing? So for slightly cheaper than buying whatever rarity pokemon it is, you get an egg that you hatch manually (so you can gift it as a surprise pokemon) where you don't know what it'll end up being.

Maybe -- and this would be more difficult, I know -- rather than being purely random, it could be weighted towards pokemon that are less common in the league? Pokemon eggs they didn't get as many orders for, so they have extra ones in stock, which would also encourage people to branch out more than they might have otherwise.

Possibly have them grouped per every two or three rarities, rather than a random rarity 5 egg or something.

In the shop, can there be a 'buy a random egg' thing? So for slightly cheaper than buying whatever rarity pokemon it is, you get an egg that you hatch manually (so you can gift it as a surprise pokemon) where you don't know what it'll end up being.

Maybe -- and this would be more difficult, I know -- rather than being purely random, it could be weighted towards pokemon that are less common in the league? Pokemon eggs they didn't get as many orders for, so they have extra ones in stock, which would also encourage people to branch out more than they might have otherwise.

Possibly have them grouped per every two or three rarities, rather than a random rarity 5 egg or something.

^^^ I like this.

not really that high priority, but i'd love if we could get a space on our pokemon's pages to write some nonsense epic backstory or whatever. i am in need of more space to make dumb jokes at the expense of my pokemon!!

being able to link to art would be nice (i think uploading art would be a bit much, but being able to post links would be cool)

not really that high priority, but i'd love if we could get a space on our pokemon's pages to write some nonsense epic backstory or whatever. i am in need of more space to make dumb jokes at the expense of my pokemon!!

being able to link to art would be nice (i think uploading art would be a bit much, but being able to post links would be cool)

yesssss please (and also a text box on our main profile above the Pokemon section maybe, for similar self-deprecating jokes?)

In the general flavour text vein, I'd like if we could set natures for our pokemon, in addition to the freeform text box sort of thing, so you have something brief and personality-related for refs to see in the lineup so they don't need to completely BS a personality for them, while also not requiring them to look at your nonsense epic backstories if they don't want to.

the ASB Rules thread said:
Pokémon Modifications, Signature Moves, and Signature Attributes

These were several ways to customize a Pokémon's battling style in the old league. Bringing these back is one of our top priorities, but for the initial relaunch, we've put them on hold. We still have the data for everyone's mods, so don't worry.

I recommend a low-priority pool. If a player is DQ'd or ragequits (I have had my opponent ragequit before, so it does happen, albeit rarely), that player is placed under low priority for either a two-week period or upon completion of a battle against another low-priority player. Low-priority battles only earn money for the referee.

Last edited:
You're one of like three people who'd get much out of that, lmao. It's possible but not a very high priority.

Ether's Bane said:
I recommend a low-priority pool. If a player is DQ'd or ragequits (I have had my opponent ragequit before, so it does happen, albeit rarely), that player is placed under low priority for either a two-week period or upon completion of a battle against another low-priority player. Low-priority battles only earn money for the referee.
Getting DQ'd already bars you from starting any new battles for a month, and refusing to keep posting in a battle would... get you DQ'd.

Back
Top Bottom