• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Hm. I would assume that if someone had really exciting information they'd have come forward with it by now, so I guess today's gonna be kind of quiet. (There's still time, of course, but...) Bummer. I dunno, do we want to have another nice and extremely vague chat about wincons or something in the meantime? Obviously some of us can't share in depth, but... uh... I dunno what else there'd actually be to talk about. Whether or not you've made progress toward your goal? People might feel like that could paint a target on them, though...

...would it? I mean you don't win unless your faction wins anyway, so again unless there's a "stop this specific role/person from doing their thing" wincon floating around out there it's not like it should be a threat to the mafia/any "third parties" if one person manages to accomplish their individual goal... but eh, there's no telling what all devious shenaniganry MF has come up with, so... bah. I'm talking in circles.

I don't know I have nothing to say either but I wish I did! Even inane or apparently-tangential conversation usually leads to some insights eventually. But I'm kinda stumped at the moment.

Hmm, I guess if there's no pertinent info from people who haven't spoken up yet, there isn't much to do except "boasting about our personal goals" again...? My win condition's sort of an all-or-nothing deal, so no progress as such here. (I guess we could speculate how many mafia there are, but that's kind of useless in the absence of real information. I'd think 4, especially if they have a couple power roles, since 3 is a little low but 5 is probably too high unless they're like, mostly/all vanilla or have tough win conditions?)

Since people seemed to be comfortable with saying whether or not their role tied into their win condition, would it be too harmful for people (or, the few who've already said that it doesn't tie in) describe their win condition in vague terms? Like, unless you know for sure that mafia could mess with your win condition or it would make you a target, I think this could still work if it doesn't relate to your role? Not sure, though.

In any case I'd kind of like the people who haven't yet posted this phase to pitch in at some point, even if it's just to like, answer Nira's question from yesterday if you didn't. I know people are busy, but if we don't cast any votes I think the phase will get extended to long enough that everyone can make a post. I really don't want mafia coasting by on inactivity since there's no real way to distinguish lurking mafia from lurking town.

Also, a possibly relevant question for MF: if somehow one faction's win condition is met but no member of that faction's personal win condition has been met, does the game keep going or does no one win?

Also, a possibly relevant question for MF: if somehow one faction's win condition is met but no member of that faction's personal win condition has been met, does the game keep going or does no one win?

Er, by this I mean "none of the personal win conditions of people on that faction"

If nobody objects, I'd be fine with saying my win condition outright; there's little the mafia can do to stop it.

yeah! go ahead, more information is always good, especially when we have so little to work with.

In such a scenario, no one would win.

Alrighty: my win condition involves me designating a player on N1. From that point on, I only win if that player is lynched. Not nightkilled or vigkilled: it has to be a lynch. Like I mentioned before, and as you can see, it's not exactly beneficial to town...

And yeah, I already designated someone. However, I'm not exactly comfortable sharing who, since then the mafia could just kill them overnight and leave me without a way to win. However, I guess if you really wanted to know, I could say who.

In any case I'd kind of like the people who haven't yet posted this phase to pitch in at some point, even if it's just to like, answer Nira's question from yesterday if you didn't. I know people are busy, but if we don't cast any votes I think the phase will get extended to long enough that everyone can make a post. I really don't want mafia coasting by on inactivity since there's no real way to distinguish lurking mafia from lurking town.

I haven't said much yet since my role isn't particularly useful to the Town, but it's not particularly detrimental to Mafia either, so I don't think revealing it would make me any more of a target than anyone else, unless they just hate Mr. Rogers.

I'm the Friendly Neighbor, so I get to pick someone every night to open private communications with. I win by having open comms with everyone still alive when the Town wins.

Haha, I feel like you've kinda been doing this with your role/what you've done in game so far:

tumblr_inline_olfv4v70Mn1rql4vp_250.gif

tumblr_inline_olfv50GKUg1rql4vp_250.gif

tumblr_inline_olfv54782l1rql4vp_250.gif

tumblr_inline_olfv598wj41rql4vp_250.gif

tumblr_inline_olfv5hK3kk1rql4vp_250.gif

tumblr_inline_olfv5l61i71rql4vp_250.gif

Like you said, revealing who you chose at the beginning of the game is of no benefit to Town--unless it unduly influences how you vote on some day phase in the future, which I hope it won't--but gives the mafia ample opportunity to dick you over. So I'd say keep it under your hat, at least for now.

I guess I deserve to get ninjaed if I'm going to spend my time looking up tumblr gifs. >>

Anyway, Gzhoom talked to me D1, so I can confirm that he's being truthful about at least that power.

Can also confirm Gzhoom as his N1 target!

My personal win condition is related to my role but not entirely under my control, so I'll kind of just have to cross my fingers on that one, heh. It'd be a bad idea to reveal much about it at this point. But later.

My wincon is directly related to my role, but it's not something I have... direct control of. It requires my role to start it, but it's ultimately up to other players to finish the conditions, so to speak.

Friendly neighborhood Doctor here. Wincon is having nobody die for 3 phases in a row. Not even healing the right person, just nobody dying. Oh, also, I can only heal each person once per game. Already healed Negrek and Stryke, so.

Alrighty: my win condition involves me designating a player on N1. From that point on, I only win if that player is lynched. Not nightkilled or vigkilled: it has to be a lynch. Like I mentioned before, and as you can see, it's not exactly beneficial to town...

And yeah, I already designated someone. However, I'm not exactly comfortable sharing who, since then the mafia could just kill them overnight and leave me without a way to win. However, I guess if you really wanted to know, I could say who.

oh MOTHERFUCK that's the inverse of mine! I have to pick a person and they have to NOT get lynched! x_x

...man that makes me sound scummy as fuck. hot damn.

Hmm, I don't think more people should roleclaim at this point, especially if they have good power roles and especially if their role isn't as provable as Gzhoom's. As long as we're willing to later hold people to anything cryptic they say now, if that makes sense?

I think Gzhoom is pretty close to confirmed town now, though - if he, Butterfree, and Negrek were all mafia that'd be putting a majority of their eggs in one basket very early in the game, even if one was a godfather or something. (I feel like the only reason to have a mafia with Gzhoom's claimed role would be to mess with people who assume it's town.) And RedneckPhoenix's claim does mesh with the fact that I think he's come across more like town annoyed with his role than a mafia making some sort of gambit, so I'm willing to assume he's town as well for the moment.

A couple clarifying questions:

Stryke - this probably doesn't matter, but by "N1" you do mean the first night/start of the game, not the most recent night phase, right? I also think that you shouldn't tell us who it is even if your win condition's definitively failed, since that narrows mafia's pool of "potentially valuable Town to pick off", if that makes sense? I mean, this is assuming you're town - I guess this claim doesn't necessarily indicate that - but assuming you're telling the truth, I'd think that would be probable since this win condition can be pretty anti-town and it doesn't sound like anyone has a win condition that's both this simple and decisively pro-their faction.

Gzhoom, do your communications persist for more than one phase? I would think so from your original phrasing, but the tense of "talked" made me unsure. If they are, I don't think you should claim your future targets, since that'd probably make them or you mafia targets to prevent your win condition. But otherwise I think it'd be good to just say who, since your role's already out in the open. Also, does your role confirm that the person you target is town? Otherwise, we probably can't assume anything about Negrek's or Butterfree's alignments just because you spoke to them. (I guess having three confirmed town off one d2 claim would be too much to ask for, haha...)

RedneckPhoenix, [day with no lynch] -> [night with a blocked kill] -> [day with no lynch] should work for your win condition requirement, right? Or does "phase" mean "a day-night cycle"? Either way, I don't think you should claim future targets unless it's pressing, because that means mafia will know they're not protected in future in the case that you're the only protective role left alive.

Argh, all that fumbling with multiquotes just to get sniped. I think a similar thing to Stryke's win condition would apply to Flora's too, right? Like, in this case if your person gets lynched don't say so because then mafia knows your win condition is failed.

I mean, this is assuming you're town - I guess this claim doesn't necessarily indicate that
Stryke's claim strongly suggests he's town, I'd say - if you had a mafia member with that win condition, it would be trivial for them to just tell their fellow mafia members, "Hey, I only win if X is lynched, so let's not shoot them and grab a good chance to get a bandwagon going on them at some point instead."

Keldeo said:
Gzhoom, do your communications persist for more than one phase?
Gzhoom indicated he could pass messages to Negrek from me, at least, and the mod PM I got did not indicate a time limit.

Stryke - this probably doesn't matter, but by "N1" you do mean the first night/start of the game, not the most recent night phase, right? I also think that you shouldn't tell us who it is even if your win condition's definitively failed, since that narrows mafia's pool of "potentially valuable Town to pick off", if that makes sense? I mean, this is assuming you're town - I guess this claim doesn't necessarily indicate that - but assuming you're telling the truth, I'd think that would be probable since this win condition can be pretty anti-town and it doesn't sound like anyone has a win condition that's both this simple and decisively pro-their faction.

By N1, I meant this last most recent night, not the very first one; my role PM specifically clarified it.

Stryke's claim strongly suggests he's town, I'd say - if you had a mafia member with that win condition, it would be trivial for them to just tell their fellow mafia members, "Hey, I only win if X is lynched, so let's not shoot them and grab a good chance to get a bandwagon going on them at some point instead."

Yeah, I mean that even as mafia, whatever random townie you pick could turn out to be a super useful power role that town would never want to lynch, or get nightkilled anyway by way of vig or redirector, so it's not impossible that that win condition could go to mafia, I think. It would just be easier and probably more likely to be pro-faction if it went to a mafia.

Back
Top Bottom