• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

First starter?

Which starter was your first?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Charmander

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Chikorita

• Cyndaquil

• Totodile

• Treecko

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Torchic

• Mudkip

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Piplup

• Total voters
What if it was Mewoth or Skitty from the PMD games?

Then I would've made this thread in the main section rather than the main series section. The poll would've been ginormous. And I did specifically say in the first post the first main series game, so go with that.

My first in PMD would be Machop for the curious.

Charmander.
I only trained Charmander and taught it every TM/HM I came across. :)

Chikorita.

I now only pick Fire-type starters because those first two gym leaders I ever faced were horrible ><

My first starter was bulbasaur. Bulbasaur used to be one of my favorite pokemon. He's now a level seventy-something Venusaur in my Pearl game (FireRed was my first game, so I could pal park him).

Last edited:
Charmander was my first-ever starter in Pokemon Red. I was like, 5 when I played it.

I chose Typhlosion for the second generation. (Starting to see a pattern here?) Even to this day I love the Cyndaquil line :D Unfortunately, I lost my Game Boy Color with Silver in it at a Home Depot, and never got it back.

Got a GBA later, and with that came Sapphire. I got, you guessed it, Torchic.

Then Diamond rolls around. And for the starter, I chose, take a guess... Piplup. Yup. I decided I wanted a penguin more than a monkey.

Totodile in my Silver game. I thought Cyndaquil was "ugly" at the time, but after I used it on Gold... Well, now I love Cyndaquil more than Totodile. But oh well.

charmander
although i can't really remember my first playthrough of the game, cuz i was so awful at it and kept resetting

My first ever game of the series was Sapphire. Yeah, my first game was part of the Advanced Generation. I didn't even know there were such things as Pokemon R/B/Y until after a while.

Of course, I picked Torchic, thinking it was cute and all. I remember only training Torchic, since I didn't know you could catch other Pokemon at that time.

Salamence

Pikachu. Yellow was pretty fun, until my first game file killed itself when it reached 100 hours.. Then I got Ruby and Mudkip. V_V

Pikachu, on pokemon yellow; Such fun, happy, and somewhat bleary old times.
(How can they call that a "colored" game, I don't think it was even 4 bit). XD
Didn't know you gould get so low.

I remember only training Torchic, since I didn't know you could catch other Pokemon at that time.
Rofl~ Isn't "how to catch wild pokemon" one of the first things they teach you in pokemon games? xD
You must have mashed the A+B buttons to skip through the talking.

my first pokemon game was ruby. i was in second grade and i chose Torchic (and it was a girl, too). her nickname was Blaze. i kept that thing for the longest time, and i got her to lv. 96. sadly, i got trapped in new muaville and i didn't have any escape ropes or a pokemon that knew dig. also, i had caught an electrode and i saved after i got it. i had to restart, so now Blaze, the lv. 96 blaziken is now gone.

Back
Top Bottom