• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Grey/Gray discussion

Mendatt

Chaos, art and science
What do you think is going to come with gray? If black and white were based on technology and nature, what is black going to be? Magic? The main pokemon? Kyurem is an obvious choice, but beyond that? What's the eighth gym leader going to be? Version exclusives? Storyline? Will N catch reshiram and zekrom? I seem to have gotten carried away. As it were. Umm. I'm bad at ending stuff. Umm.

I read somewhere that, while Reshiram represents Nature and Zekrom represents Technology, Kyurem represents the lack of both. It would make sense, based on his type and appearance.

Cool. Maybe Opelucid city will be a void? Maybe Gray... Place... Will be a void you can plant stuff in. Or build stuff on.

Reshiram is "Yin" and Zekrom is "Yang", respectively. Kyurem is the lack of both, "wuji". Besides, the other story of Kyurem is that when Reshiram and Zekrom were one and eventually split, the original carcass became Kyurem. The carcass lacked the two dragons, which represent yin yang. So, it is a metaphorical absence of yin yang.

Anyways, I theorize that you may be able to even choose the leader for the Opelucid City Gym; however, this is highly unlikely. One may be the leader of the gym while the other is related in another important incident. (Maybe Iris isn't Gym Leader, but she gives you a special Axew or something? I don't know.)

ACTUALLY, (this idea just popped up in my head.) you may catch Reshiram/Zekrom early in the game. Depending on which you choose, Opelucid City will take the form of the game in which that dragon was exclusive. This would also decide the Gym Leader and White Forest/Black City. Again, just a theory.

My idea is that the events of Grey take place later in time, like some time after N, Ghestis and the Shadow Triad have escaped, and some time after you, as a trainer, completed the game in black or white.

Also, I think it would be awesome if non-unovan pokemon appeared pre-postgame in Grey.

EDIT: Woah just remembered. The shadow triad gives you the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orbs. They say something along the lines of "Ghestis doesn't need these anymore." Maybe he doesn't need them because he already has Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in his posession?

The appeal of Grey to me is that, whilst Black & White were great games, theres so much more to be done with Unova, that I hope Grey covers, which is what excites me about it.

For the final gym leader, it'd be a lot of fun for it to be a double battle :3

oO.

GYM LEADER DOUBLE BATTLE! That would be awesome.
And maybe a triple or rotation battle with the trio badge gym leaders? Maybe you would get to choose between. Hmm.

I have no idea, but they had better change it to Grey assuming that's its name. 8( 'Gray' just looks. So ugly.

Don't insult other people's words. I think both of them are ugly and they should name it pokemon sussurus version. But that's not going to happen, and in the end, does it matter what it's named?

Eh, words can't exactly get offended if I think they're ugly.

And it totally matters! Because here, 'gray' is wrong! It is 'grey'!

inb4 it's not even called that, thus rendering the entire thing pointless 8D

I disagree with the spelling two, and I live in the united states. But it doesn't matter. Now let's stick to discussion of the game itself. I still want a triple battle with the shadow triad, myself.

The Battle Subway should be expanded too. I don't really want another Battle Frontier, unless it's like some of Emeralds. I want my Battle Pike back... But maybe they should have a Rotation and Triple Battle Train. Also, besides Anville Town, you should get to go to a different place as reward for getting a good battle streak on one of the trains.

EDIT: One more thing: I WANT GYM LEADER REMATCHES!

I really hope we get more rotation battles... adding something like that to the subway would be really cool.

I'm wishing for a lot of new features, the main two being that the Leaders get better teams (like Lenora having a team not only made of Com Mons, and Elesa using Electric types that aren't Emolga), and we get a battle Frontier.

The version mascot should be Kyurem (with some sort of alternate forme giving it those hidden ice moves), but its ties to Lacunosa kinda complicates that; otherwise, it could easily be something like N gets both dragons/Ghetsis successfully stole the other orb from Relic Castle or Lenora's museum (or Lenora has a pretty grey/clear orb instead)/the other-gendered player character got one of those dragons and you have to get Kyurem to stop both/whatever. Unless you have access to it before facing the Elite Four, anyway. But it's not like Giratina in that it was just randomly there, so it's not as easy to do what they did in Platinum.

Though you should also be able to catch Reshiram and Zekrom at some point.

Uh, here's a list of basic things I expect/hope/would be amused to see.

• More triple battles, more rotation battles, and the addition of both to the Battle Subway
  • Amongst the triple battles, one against the Shadow Triad, and one tag-team triples alongside Bianca and Cheren. These may be the same battle, but that's unlikely if they make the Shadow Triad only have six pokémon in total while your team could have up to eighteen.
  • Gym leader rematches. If it doesn't turn out that the Striaton brothers are the Shadow Triad, the rematch would have a triple battle against them. Hopefully not meaning three stoutland and three monkeys, but whatever. Alternatively, you battle each individually on certain days of the week, and have a triple battle on a special day. The Opelucid rematch could have doubles against Drayden and Iris if the first match doesn't.
  • That tournament between all region Champions Cynthia mentions. May or may not include the player characters of previous versions (I'm leaning toward not), though Red should probably be in there. I suppose it'd have both Steven and Wallace, and Blue takes a break from gym leading. Morimoto takes part.
  • Greater season differences. Winter in particular would affect more areas, but it'd also be nice (or maybe terrible) if more stuff separated spring, summer, and autumn. Different outfits for different seasons, maybe.
  • The return of some HGSS stuff (pokémon following you, perhaps made optional with a pokéball icon where the Y-button thing was, menu always on the bottom screen, eternal running)
  • Expanded aftergame where Ghetsis and co. have to be dealt with again. And properly.
  • Access to both Black City and White Forest, possibly with a grey area (:D) in between. Or some bizarre mixture of both, with trees growing in between the buildings, and you can both catch wild pokémon and battle trainers, and also buy all those things from Black City.
  • More backstory involving the heroes of the past, as well as the ruins

Back
Top Bottom