• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's Your IQ?

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
Err I saw this post on Lugia's Island before it went downhill and I planned to make it a year ago but kept forgetting. Anyways, you basically go to an IQ site such as Test Cafe and just take an IQ test. It probabaly should be known that these tests aren't always accurate or something like that but its an estimate or something. So it can be really low or high depending on what you do.

Anyways, I got a 122 which I think is really good compared to what I do at school but again it may not be accurate but I think its safe to assume that it should be somewhere around this. So give it a try and be truthful.

I got 120, but I'm just mentioning it. I don't want to brag about it. I know there are lots of people out there that are way smarter than me.
For example, Alakazam.

I don't think it'd be fair to state my IQ to others, if you get what I mean. But if you absolutely want me to post it, I can. Anyway, somewhere I heard that George Bush's IQ is 125.

If you're wondering, it's 146

I think that putting a number on somebody's level of intelligence is pointless. I could understand taking the test out of curiosity just to see what you get, but flaunting about your score as if it were some sort of trophy is moronic.

I myself judge a person's level of intelligence by observing them and maybe talking to them myself. I don't trust some random number from a flawed measurement.

Come to think of it, I have the same opinion. Intelligence shouldn't be measured by numbers; after all, intelligence isn't the only factor that affects who in the world is most superior. Why would putting a number on it be important?

156 on a test done by a hospital, so it is FAR more accurate than an internet test :D

BTW, And this isn't to brag, it is just so you know where you are (also, I could have it wrong, but this is how I remember it. Can't remember the source though, it was years ago...):

<60 = Retarded
60-80 = Slow
80-120 = Average
120-140 = Gifted
140< = Genius

My mom apparently had me tested when I was a kid, and I don't know the exact numbers, but I was ranked in something like the top 2%. Supposedly this makes me a genius, but she refuses to show me the papers for this as much as I've asked her to, so I'm pretty sure she's just BSing me and trying to raise my self-confidence or something. Also, for what it's worth, I don't believe you can really score intelligence with a number - There's just too much to consider, and way too many areas to be gifted in for one standard test to be able to gauge. I know some people who I consider to be pretty smart, but I doubt they'd do well on such a test. And the other way around, too. Ya know?

Last time I got tested for this, I think was 1st grade, where I got a 126 or something. When tested recently (a requirement of my school is annual testing, mine was in April) I got well above college level in most linguistic subjects. Hell, I got AT LEAST college level in everything except math subjects, where I'm still at 8th grade level. But what can I say? Whenever I try to do math, it tends to make me feel dizzy and gives me a headache for some odd reason and then I can't focus. :/

Yeah.

I don't agree with taking online tests for IQ measures. xD They only measure general "intelligence"-- one could be an artistic genius, or a literary genius, and bomb one of those tests.

... but as a general thing, depending on the test I usually get around 140 on IQ tests, and I've taken a lot over the years out of boredom. >.>;

Wymsy and Gardevoir have a point. Intelligence shouldn't be marked in numbers, but in... uh...
Anyway, I also like Ahouji's idea. There are many subjects in which you could have "intelligence," and almost none in another, so this is just mathematical intelligence, isn't it?

I've only done a few internet ones, but they're always really low; somewhere in the 70s. I'm absolutely hopeless at any kind of mental arithmatic.
I'm not too fussed; I can use a calculator decently enough, and I'd sooner be good with people than with numbers :D

I got 144 on the quiz but on my hospital one it was 147. Personally these internet quizzes for IQ will never be close.

I don't trust online IQ tests. I did one a few times in a row and it looked something like:
26, 150, 201, 76, 87, 139, 140

So... uh.... yeah. Not sure where the 26 came from. =P

I've taken so many IQ tests and I always seem to get different results -_- But on this one I got 148. Either I'm just as smart as many of you, or this test is stupid.

But, then again, IQ tests are fun :P

Back
Top Bottom