• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon League Masters: Mystery of Fossil Cavern

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
It was a bright sunny day when the ferry to Volterra City arrived at the harbor. Kid was gazing from the starport at the giant city. To the left, he saw the plains of Gildor and to the left, he could make out the base of Boulderon Mountains.

The ship landed and he stepped out, sighing. "I remember this place. It was the place I battled Magna. Well, I can't get lost in memories. Where are the others? We have a mission to do."

He heard there was two volunteer trainers coming and one of the League Masters. This is going to be a successful mission he thought as he waited for the others at the harbor.

Sawyer Q. Thompson sipped his afternoon coffee (three sugars, light cream, a whisper of hazelnut) as he sat in the patio chair and read the travel brochure he had purchased from the vendor by the dock, two days prior. To familiarize himself with the area, he had arrived early; to his chagrin, Lileep had developed a kind of ancient fungal growth, one that had taken the entirety of the previous day to find a remedy for. That was the problem with fossil Pokemon; sometimes, the Pokemon wasn't the only thing preserved in the stone.

He had ventured a small ways into the Gildor plains, once Lileep was being tended to, fancying a stroll with Granbull and Typhlosion, though he was unfortunately unable to find a pond suitable for Gyarados to unwind in. This necessitated a return to the harbor, which he had put off until today--and all the better, for at least one of the League Masters fellows would be arriving on the ferry, and the other volunteer Trainer would likely follow suit. The air was clear, the water smelled delightful, and Gyarados slithered through the depths like a gargantuan streamer in the wind, graceful and majestic, drawing many a child's eye.

Sighing, Sawyer put the brochure down and slipped two fingers and a thumb beneath his glasses to rub his tired eyes. The sun beat down warmly, blurring his thoughts with preoccupations of relaxation and sleep; I'm getting old, he thought, then chuckled to himself. Lileep would enjoy this weather. I'll have to bring her back out here when I get the chance, after I pick her up from the Pokemon Center. He attempted to return to his brochure, but the laminated pamphlet reflected the sun into his eyes. The second he tried to block it with his hand, a vaguely circular shadow passed over the table, and he looked up to see Bronzor floating above him, giving him some shade.

"Thanks, friend," he said kindly. Bronzor gave a satsfied, tinny hum, warming up in the sunlight. Granbull repositioned himself under the table, rubbing a pink shoulder up against Sawyer's leg as he got comfortable in the shade and began panting. Typhlosion, conversely, shifted slightly to escape the shade, his mane burning low but warm. Across the table, Marowak set down her own mug of coffee (black, no garbage), slipped off of her chair and grabbed her bone from underneath Granbull's paws.

"What, what is it?" asked Sawyer. Marowak jerked her head to the docks and pointed with her club. The ferry had arrived.

Jacen sighed as he waited for the other participants. When he saw there was nobody coming, he decided to ask somebody nearby. Looking around, he noticed an elder man sitting in a patio chair nearby. He was surrounded by Pokemon and seemed to be relaxing himself.

"Wonder if he knows," he said as he walked up to the elder man. "Hey, sir, have you seen any other ferries arrive here today? I am a League Master and am supposed to be meeting a Mr. Sawyer Thompson and two others. You wouldn't happen to know where they are, do you?"

Sawyer rose to greet the newcomer, looking him up and down. He didn't look like an exceptional Trainer--if anything, it seemed that he overstated himself, with his wild black and red hair and his loud footwear--but Sawyer could see the fight in his eyes, the drive and the know-how glowing like an ember. He extended his hand.

"Mister Blaze, I presume," he said amiably. "My name is Sawyer Q. Thompson, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance. My companions and I are to accompany you to Fossil Cavern."

Back
Top Bottom