• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Song Choice Mafia III: The Gilded Cage (ALIEN WIN)

Re: Song Choice Mafia III: The Gilded Cage

*sucks on her lollipop, mulling thoughts over in her head from the recent murder. With a grimace, she shakes her head*

Sorry. I have little to no leads either...and the clock is running out. So unless Glace hit something and we finally have a lead, we may have to go for looking at the list and trying to piece something together.

Man it sucks not knowing what to do. Gets you really down.

...kinda like love. But I digress.

Well I inspected Flareth and got Mafia, so. Unless there are other leads or suggestions, I'll go with this for now.

I will not stand for such an unruly band of unabashed h001igans and their ilk.
They will stop their f001ishness.
They will stop when I end their lowly lives, starting with Flareth.

huh. well, okay. I'll go with Glace and vote Flareth!

Be Prepared noticed the other songs closing in on her. However, she held not an inch of fear on her feline face. In fact...

There was a smile.

"Well, then. Yes, you've all caught me," she said, her voice a mockery of despair, "Oh, woe is me, about to be callously murdered. Well, go on. Do show me your worst..."

The other songs stood, looking confused. They could tell something was seriously wrong here, especially when Be Prepared's smile turned into a fanged grin.

"Now."

The sound of breaking windows echoed from the lobby, and before anyone knew it the theatre was flooded with snarling hyenas, which started circling them, herding them into a huddled, terrified circle.

"You see, you idiots," she went on, "This was part of my plan from the beginning. Trying to take out the leader of this little game would be too hard when everyone was paying attention to each other. So I would slip unnoticed, and my... friends would wait for the tides to turn against me. And they have. Thanks to your inattentiveness, the game is mine to control now..."

A few hyenas emerged from the back, pushing the struggling, terrified Hot Mess with them.

"Ah, so it's you, isn't it? The one so clever as to take over the Theatre in the first "Game"? Well, how does it feel, dear? It's time for someone else to take the stage." She takes her by the arm and shoves her down, right by the edge of the curtain. Hot Mess stumbles to her feet, just long enough to see the massive paw of the Beast reach out, snatching her by the legs and dragging her away. She screams and tries to fight, but soon disappears.

Be Prepared, grinning, turns to the others.

"Unless you'd all like to follow her example," she said, calmly, deliberately, but with undeniable glee, "You would be wise to join my side."

Flareth was the Alien. Game Over. Roles/Night Actions to be posted soon.

Zora of Termina - Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
I want your horror
I want your design
‘Cause you're a criminal
As long as you're mine
I want your love

ROLE: Cupid. Choose one other player on Night 1. You are now linked to this player. Should the player die at any time, you target and kill a random player the next night.
QUALITY: Strong-Willed. Your action cannot be blocked or redirected.
BONUS: N/A
ALIGNMENT: Innocent

HighMoon - Lollipop - Mika
Mama told me what I should know
Too much candy gonna rot your soul
If she loves you let her go
'Cause love only gets you down.
Take a look at a boy like me
Never stood on my own two feet
Now I'm blue as I can be
Oh, love only got me down.

ROLE: Seraph Knight; Mafia. Your partners are Hungry Like the Wolf/Rio (Twilight Sparkle) and Heroes (Light). Choose one other Mafia member. This player is protected from Night kills until your death.
QUALITY: N/A
BONUS: Voyeur. You can see what actions targeted your chosen player, but not who performed them.
ALIGNMENT: Mafia

Coloursfall - The Technicolour Phase - Owl City
If you cut me I suppose I would bleed
the colors of the evening stars.
You can go anywhere you wish
cause I'll be there, wherever you are.
I will always be your keys
when we are lost in the technicolor phase

ROLE: Universal Backup. You take on the role of the first Town-aligned power role that dies. For example, if the first death is a Doctor, you become a Doctor. This also applies to Qualities.

Vehement Mustelid - Televators - The Mars Volta
One day this chalk outline will circle this city
Was he robbed of the asphalt that cushioned his face
A room colored charlatan hid in a safe
Stalk the ground
Stalk the ground

ROLE: Suicide Bomber. At any time during the Day, you may choose to kill another player. However you will also die. There is nothing that can prevent your death should you choose to use your power.
ALIGNMENT: Mafia. If you are still alive, you win with them and count towards Controlling the Vote. However, you are unaware of other Mafia members and may not communicate with them.

Flora - White Houses - Vanessa Carlton
I'm gone as the day is fading on white houses
I lied, wrote my injuries all in the dust
In my heart is the five of us
In white houses
And you, maybe you'll remember me
What I gave is yours to keep
In white houses

ROLE: Bodyguard. Once per night, choose another player. Who you choose will be protected from death. There is a 50% chance that you will die in their stead, and a 50% chance the kill will simply be blocked.
QUALITY: Beloved. If you are lynched, the next Day action is skipped.

yiran - Still Alive - GLaDOS/Ellen McLain/Jonathon Coulton
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

ROLE: Inventor (Modified). Every even-numbered night, you can target another player. The player you targeted will receive a Portal Gun, and for that night whatever action was targeted at them will be redirected to a random other player. The Portal Gun is good for only one use. You cannot use the Portal Gun yourself.
QUALITY: Miller. When Inspected, you will come up Mafia.

Gym Leader Shizui - Prom Night - Jeffree Star
I'll come pick you up
(I know you wanna)
Disappear with us
(we're going under)
Underneath your love
(make a dirty mess)
I'll make you remember this

ROLE: Roleblocker. Once per night, target another player. They are prevented from performing their night action.

Flareth - Be Prepared - The Lion King
So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning
Tenacity spanning
Decades of denial
Is simply why I'll
Be king undisputed
Respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!

ROLE: Alien. If targeted by a kill during the night, you will become Activated. Once Activated, if you are Lynched you will overwhelm all opposition and win the game .
ALIGNMENT: Shows up Innocent when Inspected before Activation, Mafia if Inspected after Activation.

Zero Moment - The 12 Trolls of Christmas - Kylee Henke
On the 1st day of 12th Perigee my matesprit gave to me...
ROLE: Dreaming Frog God Each night you must PM the mod a lyric with one of the gifts described in the song. For example, "Three sharp claws". The mod will decide your night action based on what you send. You may not repeat lyrics.
QUALITY: Compulsive. You must use your action every night or risk being modkilled if you don't. You may not claim "no action."

Pinkamena - The F.U.N. Song - Spongebob Squarepants
"Plankton! Those things aren't what fun is all about!
Now, do it like this,
F is for Friends who do stuff to-"
"Never! That's completely idiotic!"
"Here, Let me help you...
F is for friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me, TRY IT!"
"N is for Anywhere and anytime at all."
"Down here in the deep blue sea!"

ROLE: Vigilante. Every even-numbered night, you can "befriend" another player. A befriended character, though not actually killed, will be rendered a Tree Stump and can no longer take any actions, day or night. They are effectively dead.

Light - Heroes - All Time Low
I'm gonna a start a revolution,
Of convoluted disillusion.
(Start a revolution)
I'll lead a war with no conclusion,
And in the final hour I'll be a confident coward.
'Cause if we stand for nothing, we'll fall for anything.

ROLE: Mafia Goon. You are second-in-command under Hungry Like the Wolf/Rio (Twilight Sparkle) and your other Mafia member is Lollipop (HighMoon). You will take over kills if the Don dies.
QUALITY: Tree Stump. If targeted by a kill or a lynch that is not blocked, you will not die but instead will automatically Stump yourself. This is effectively identical to death in that you can no longer vote or take any actions.

Twilight Sparkle - Hungry Like the Wolf/Rio - Duran Duran
Stalked in the forest, too close to hide
I'll be upon you by the moonlight side
High blood drumming on your skin, it's so tight
You feel my heat, I'm just a moment behind

ROLE: Mafia Don. You are in charge of the Mafia, head the kills, and have the final say in deciding who dies. Your partners are Heroes (Light) and Lollipop (HighMoon).

RespectTheBlade - It's Time - Imagine Dragons
So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top
Don't hold back

ROLE: Doctor. Once per night you may choose another player and protect them from death. You may not target yourself with this action. Should you heal the same target as the other Doctor, the target will overdose and die.
QUALITY: Lynchproof (One-Shot)

Glace - Blue Lips - Regina Spektor
He stumbled into faith and thought,
God this is all there is
The pictures in his mind arose
And began to breathe
And no one saw and no one heard
They just followed lead
The pictures in his mind awoke
And began to breed

ROLE: Seer. Once per night you may choose to inspect another player, and their alignment will be revealed to you - Mafia or Innocent
BONUS: Oracle (One Shot). At one point in the game, you may ask the mod a yes or no question about some aspect of the game. You may not ask a question that would reveal any particular player's alignment or role, but you can ask if a certain role exists in the game. You may not use both this action and your Inspection on the same night.

Lyra Heartstrings - Spoonman - Soundgarden
Feel the rhythm with your hands
Steal the rhythm while you can, Spoonman
Speak the rhythm on your own
Speak the rhythm all alone, Spoonman
Spoonman, come together with your hands
Save me, I'm together with your plan
Save me

ROLE: Doctor. Once per night you may choose another player and protect them from death. You may not target yourself with this action. Should you heal the same target as the other Doctor, the target will overdose and die.
BONUS: Thief. If Blue Lips (Glace) has died, you will find items with the targets you heal. This will not reveal their alignment to you, but it might give you clues.
ALIGNMENT: Town

NIGHT 1

Flora: Guarding Glace
Glace: Inspecting Zora (Innocent)
Zora: Linking to Flareth
Zero Moment: >Become Roleblocker. Block Twilight
Twilight: Targeting Coloursfall for kill (Blocked)
Gym Leader Shizui: Blocking Twilight

*I lost the night actions for Night 2 for some reason. Sorry about that. >n> Couple night actions from Night 1 were lost too, I think.*

Night 3

Zero Moment: >Become Sollux. Silenced next day.
Mafia: Hitting Lyra
Glace: Inspecting Vehement Mustelid
RtB: Healing Glace

Night 4

Glace: Inspecting Gym Leader Shizui (Innocent)
Gym Leader Shizui: Roleblocking Twilight Sparkle
Mafia: Targeting Flora (BLOCK'D)
RtB: Healing Flora *RANDOMIZED*
Pinkamena:Hitting Flareth *RANDOMIZED*
ALIEN ACTIVATED

Night 5:

Mafia: Targetting Flora
ZM: Become 1-shot bulletproof
Glace: Inspecting Flareth (Mafia)
RtB: Healing Twilight Sparkle *RANDOMIZED*
Gym Leader Shizui: Blocking Flareth *RANDOMIZED*

i feel soo stupid now, for not getting on sooner. i could have prevented this. i had my hunches, especially about twilight. as you can tell, i role-blocked her a couple times. i am such an idiot.

You all should have listened to Zer0 M0ment.

And I'm surprised Tailsy jumped on the Glacewagon. The Mafia Don of all people should know when someone is secretly an alien.

Good game everyone! I was kind of scared to vote Flareth immediately, but for whatever reason I decided to disregard the idea that they could be an Alien. Sorry about that to the innocents (and to the mafia, too, I guess).

You all should have listened to Zer0 M0ment.

And I'm surprised Tailsy jumped on the Glacewagon. The Mafia Don of all people should know when someone is secretly an alien.

I thought she was another miller, to be honest. I should probably have suspected otherwise but I doubt I would have gotten anyone to agree with me without revealing myself/roleclaiming inspector anyway, so it was somewhat a moot point. Also my role would have been hard to work around an inspector/oracle role with anyway. 8( I was hoping for the best tbh. and also Zero was acting sort of weird and suspicious regardless :U

Wait, so Pinkamena's '''vigilante''' role seriously activated the alien? Hrm!

I wasn't playing very well, apparently. I seriously got blocked twice on night one??? YOU GUYS!! haha, smells like I need more practice ;) well done Flareth!

actually why the fuck didn't i claim vig and target flareth during the night omg i'm so stupid I WASN'T REALLY PAYING ATTENTION u___u

....Wait, so what were all my roles?

First night you were Roleblocker as Eridan, Bomb as Nepeta, you Silenced yourself as Sollux, you were the Oracle as Aradia (...how did that not get on my night action list I swear I added it) and 1-shot Bulletproof as Equius.

Dahahaha, okay I love how this has ended.

And Sunny. You know damn well I called this ending.

First night you were Roleblocker as Eridan, Bomb as Nepeta, you Silenced yourself as Sollux, you were the Oracle as Aradia (...how did that not get on my night action list I swear I added it) and 1-shot Bulletproof as Equius.

No no I mean

What were all the roles I didn't choose?

Back
Top Bottom