• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Political Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aobaru's not alone! ... sort of.

Anyways, my chart:

pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

And yeah, this test really needs a neutral option.

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

pcgraphpng.php

Not surprising, I guess. "Some people are naturally unlucky" threw me off a little, though.

And fools seldom differ.

-5.38 on both, by the way. What a freaking surprise. e_e

Is that some kind of political challenge? If so, I am sure the Serious Business board could handle a nice political skirmish.

Otherwise, this is hardly the place to question political values - this is all a number's game and can mean anything. It all comes down to the issues in the long run...

I noticed that pretty much all of us are below the x-axis on the compass. Do you think this might be because we're all young?

I noticed that pretty much all of us are below the x-axis on the compass. Do you think this might be because we're all young?

You might have a point. Wikipedia defines authoritarianism as "a form of social organization characterized by submission to authority" and libertarianism as "the advocacy of individual liberty", which might be sort of self-explanatory, depending on how you look at it.

It could just be a broader form of the like attracts like idea, too, though.

Re: lack of a neutral option: In a lot of quizzes that sort of thing is intentional--if you give most people a middle road they're going to be inclined to just take that almost every time unless they have really really strong opinions. Only having four options forces them to think about their opinion rather than just shrugging it off and picking the middle. (Though it's not very helpful for the times when, at the end of the day, you really are actually neutral about it!)

Took it, fell somewhere in the half of the green quadrant closer to center, didn't really pay attention to the numbers or bother saving the image. Oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom