• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

* Dewott YESS
* Audino give about a trillion exp.
* That little poliwog thing is annoying.
* Timburr is an amazing little thing.
* Lenora seems like a good rolemodel despite the whole apron thing.
* Had to choose between a pansage and a petilil; petilil is adorable and easier to find so it won out.

[Samurijak] Dewott [♂]
[Daniels] Herdier [♂]
[Fiona] Timburr [♀]
[Ma-Ti] Woobat [♂]
[Pandora] Venipede [♀]
[Leisa] Petilil [♀]

What's this? Two dragons and two brothers? Where have I heard this one before, Game Freak?

The Museum has a couple of good Continuity Nods.

I now get the gym puzzle. Oh, the joys of one's native language.

Also, I really, really hate the monkey Pokémon, but I need it for the 3rd Gym.

They didn't change Lenora's sprite. Oh well, at least the script was changed. All of her husband's "Mama"s were changed to "Dear"s. Which makes hella more sense.

"Plaaaaasma!" lol

I think I love Lenora. She seems so badass.

I know that the old Imprison animation had a kanji on it, but you and I both know that wax seal looks fake as hell, Nintendo of America.

Veekun says that female Cottonee exist, but I keep finding males.

A Plasma grunt says that "you're just jealous of my cool outfit". A great Lampshade Hanging? Or the greatest Lampshade Hanging?

WHY SO MANY MALE COTTONEE? IT'S A 50-50 SPILT!

Fucking finally. You'd think 50-50 would be more even.

PC: Blair (male), Hardy, Pokédex 25, 10504 Poké, 2 badges

Team:
Flare (Pansear, male) Lv. 21
Lax Nature, Gluttony
Cut
Fury Swipes
Bite
Incinerate

Shellgun (Dewott, male) Lv. 22
Hasty Nature, Torrent
Razor Shell
Fury Cutter
Water Gun
Focus Energy

100percent (Cottonee, female) Lv. 14
Relaxed Nature, Infiltrator
Growth
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain

I hear 'Blair', I think 'Tony'.

That would make the game all kinds of hilarious.

I picked up Black today. I'm playing it right now. IT IS SO AWESOME. How did they cram so much awesomeness onto one game card? The only thing mildly confusing for me is the menu. But other than that, everything is awesome. Lillipup is so cuuuute!

Got it! God, you people are fast. I got it a few hours ago and I'm just about to reach Nacrene City.

Team:

Rinne/Servine (F)
Varst/Herdier (M)
Neska/Woobat (F)

Most of these names were made up on the spot. I guess the reason I'm so behind is because whenever I catch a new Pokémon, I like to level grind it until it's at the EXACT SAME LEVEL as the others. It's my obsessive habit, I make SURE that everything is at the same level. Case en point: They are all at level 17.

Decided to try something different though. Usually, I level grind before gyms a bit. But I am not going to level grind PERIOD unless I get a new Pokémon to let it catch up. And another little rule I've given myself: unless my Pokémon are about to faint, I MUST battle anything that appears in the grass. So I can keep up with the experience. Caves and surfing are optional on this rule since battles tend to make me forget where I'm going.

As for my opinion on the game? I love it. The beginning was so fresh and original, unexpected. The rival characters are also more fleshed out than usual, the way they talk to you actually FEELS like they've been your friends for a long time. I also like how they sort of follow you around and appear frequently. Nice change of pace, and helps with the whole friendship thing. It kinda makes it feel like you're going on a journey with three people.

My favourite of them is Bianca. She reminds me of me if I was actually in the Pokémon world for real. XD Her ditziness and all that. And from what I've seen thus far, the NPCs also seem more intelligent. They point out things that you might be thinking. Like "Someone's PC," Bianca actually ASKED who someone was.

Oh and why have so few people mentioned the music? The music is pretty much one of the most awesome parts of this game! It's brilliant and really mood-setting. My favourite music so far is the route gate theme, whatever it's called. A nice light theme... speaking of those gates, I like how there's a tiny neon scrolling thing of information on the cities. That is cool too.

Overall, it is just as awesome as everyone has been fangirling about.

Everyone just shut up. I have to wait until thursday. Which sucks. I mean come on, the one time the UK gets it BEFORE America (By 2 days)....I happen to be in Australia.

Well at least I've preordered it. The status, according to GAME, is "Pending" which is GAME for "You'll get it in the post the day after we feel like sending it to you." I think....or is that Amazon....I forget.

I'm getting Brocollimon and Ganonpig. Everything else is a grab-as-you-go. Should be fun.

Made it to Castelia, spent about half the damn evening filling a box with Scraggy until I got one with a usable nature.

I'm now doing the same thing with Venipede because I realized that they're pretty BA.

Thanatos (Servine) lv. 22
Dasani (Panpour) lv. 21
Izzy (Scraggy) lv. 19

I completed the game yesterday. I only trained my starter and, right now, she's a level 83 Serperior.

Why does Serperior not learn Earthquake or Crunch

Wants to find a friggin male Scraggy already!

Stupid Darumakka....

Ju wong (Pignite) lv. 22 M
Alana (Timburr) lv. 21 F
Byark (Roggenrola) lv. 21 F
Onikit (Zorua) lv. 21 M
Karak (Sandile) lv. 17 M

Also I hate Basculin...

The Museum has a couple of good Continuity Nods.

Veekun says that female Cottonee exist, but I keep finding males.

WHY SO MANY MALE COTTONEE? IT'S A 50-50 SPILT!

Fucking finally. You'd think 50-50 would be more even.

I like the museum.

Heh, at least you can find Cottonee. I had to go out and capture a Petilil and then trade it for one in uh, Nacrene City? These city names are weeeeiiirrd.

I'd be playing right now but I have school, so...

The clerk told us that today they'll get more. Hopefully I'll get White (or Black, I'll take what I can get).

Watchog are gay...

In the Desert resort.

Ju Wong (Pignite) 23
Onikit (Zorua) 24
Josh (Scraggy) 21
Alana (Timburr) 23
Karak (Sandile) 21
Byark (Roggenrola) 22

So a bunch of my friends brought their DSes (DSs? DS-es?) in today with Black/White. Two of them, as I would have fully expected from them, have pretty much completed it. But, of course, they've trained only one (or maybe two) of their party, and hence have a team of four/five level 15s and one/two level 60-odd.

My team at this point:

Eblounuage, Lv. 26 Cottonee (Male)
Florrande, Lv. 27 Dewott (Male)
Coloumiere, Lv. 27 Tranquill (Female)
Zuereuaque, Lv. 27 Darumaka (Male)
Agueuselle, Lv. 27 Scraggy (Female)
Saluerre, Lv. 28 Sandile (Female)

Saluerre is a higherlevel than the rest as she pretty much single-handedly defeated the electric gym. Originally I was going to use her for that then box her up, but I grew kind of attached to her, heh.

When I can, I'd like to get a Beartic, (and also maybe (but less desperately) a final-evolution-of-Litwick) but I don't know which of my team to replace with it. Perhaps Saluerre, but I'll see.

As for progress, I just defeated Plasma at the Cold Storage.

EDIT: OH MY GOD, FOONGUS IS ADORABLE. That is all.

Last edited:

Wait, wait.

So in the Pokemon world, Nurses are female, but Doctors are male?

Can someone who's played the Japanese version tell me if the 'Doctor/Nurse' trainer class is the same in the original game? Is this astounding sexism the fault of the original designers, or the translation team?

This is NOT COOL.

Wait, wait.

So in the Pokemon world, Nurses are female, but Doctors are male?

Can someone who's played the Japanese version tell me if the 'Doctor/Nurse' trainer class is the same in the original game? Is this astounding sexism the fault of the original designers, or the translation team?

This is NOT COOL.

I haven't played the Japanese versions, but according to Bulbapedia it was the same in Japan.

I don't see how this is any more offensive than Nurse Joy, who's been around for over a decade... she's (from the player's perspective) the most capable Pokemon medical caregiver, but she gets called Nurse (because she's female) instead of Doctor (which she ought to be since she's the highest-ranked person in the Pokemon Center as far as the player knows).

Back
Top Bottom