• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Golurk learns Fly.

what the fuck
more like what the AWESOME.

You know, cause it's awesome.

ANYWAYS I'm getting the game on Saturday methinks. It was between Pokemon White or Radiant Historia, and then I remembered I was a massive Pokemon fan and that B/W are amazing so I'm getting it most definitely. :)

Anybody else get their Victini? Victini is an adorable badass. Searing Shot is nuts.

Team:
lv 28 Joltik - Training one up because it's cute and adds a good type to round out my team.
Lv 35 Servine - I liked Snivy the most. Doing alright, but the nature is disappointing. (Lax)
Lv 36 Leavanny - Quick physical sweeper. Considering it came from this generation's caterpillar, surprisingly good, but the typing gets me down a lot.
Lv 36 Audino - Tank. Carried me through the early game by simply outlasting my opponents.
Lv 37 Conkeldurr - Really strong on attack and defense. However, bad nature. (Quiet)
Lv 39 Victini - Man he is good. Move tutor for Searing Shot and tearing it up now. Taught it Charge Beam to cover weakness and boost special attack, allowing for more sweeping action. Bad nature. (Sassy)

Also, Skyla is the hottest Gym Leader ever.

Last edited:

Larvesta hatched and up to lv 38
Caught a Deino, leveling it up so its at lest a Zweilos (I think thats wht the name is...)
Zoroark has been dropped in favour of the Deino
I hate training Deino
Lampent is a Chndelure, loving it
Still not posting team
Victory road, too easy?
My tam is likely too weak to take on the league, so I've got to train, shame the lack of vs seeker/math call...

Been playing Black a lot this week. I already have seven badges. Anyway, here's my team so far.

Serperior lv. 43 (m) (Snob) Was sort of useless as a Servine because of no good Physical Grass moves (he has an Adamant nature) but once he learned Leaf Blade and evolved, POWERHOUSE. Currently hanging out in the PC box until I beat Drayden.

Seismitoad lv. 43 (m) (Mus) Ever since I caught him as a Tympole, he's been of a lot of use to me. Too bad he can't learn Frost Breath, fuuuuuuu.

Lampent lv. 43 (m) (Mr. Wick) When it evolved from Litwick, he got a pretty good speed boost, so I'm using that to my advantage. Also, I taught him Shadow Ball from the TM because I can.

Scrafty lv. 43 (f) (Jo) One word: AWESOME. Can kick the ass of any Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type that comes her way.

Archeops lv 43 (m) (Ashen) Got him to replace my Tranquill back in Nimbasa. As long as he strikes first, everything's good. Defeatist ability doesn't really hamper him, since he can usually knock out the opponent before his HP goes under half.

Gavantula lv. 43 (m) (Ezra) This is actually the first time I've had a bug type this late in the game, oddly enough. Pretty much beats my old Electric-type in comparison.

Druddigon lv 33 (f) (Sunburn) Just training this one for the Gym battle, since none of my Pokemon know any ice moves.

About to go in for the sixth badge. Current team:

Thanatos (Servine) lv. 37
Dasani (Simipour) lv. 36
Izzy (Scrafty) lv. 39
Ramses (Cofagrigigagigfagfagfag) lv. 36
Gurren (Exadrill) lv. 36

My thoughts:

• Excadrill kicks so much ass.
  • Scrafty kicks plenty of ass too. <3
  • Found a complaint with the game! Why no berry farming and especially why no EV berries? I don't want to have to use the dream world for that >:C. Even more annoyed about no EV berries, since my team all have really good natures but I haven't been paying attention to EV's.
  • I love how quickly grinding goes after you get the lucky egg.
  • Not sure what will go in the last slot on my team; possibly a dragon of some sort (Axew/Deino) or a fire type. I also might ditch watermonkey for something less stupid looking/more useful.

My team is so good it's good. Four badges, plus five pokemon, all at levels 27-30. Smokey the Pignite, Brocolimon the (Sansage's evo's name here), Tinkerbell the Audino, Sandstone the Sandile, and Plymouth the Tranquill.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME BUT VICTINI IS REALLY HARD TO CATCH >.<

I didn't even bother to catch Victini because it was only level 15. I only catch the strongest Pokemon I can find.

[Blackie] Pignite [lv. 26]
[Charles (named after my cat)] Liepard [lv. 26]
[Strogy (short for Stroganof)] Foongus [lv. 26]
[Hearye] Audino [lv. 26]
[Faline] Deerling [lv. 28]
[Outsider] Sawk [lv. 36]

I have Pokephilliac fantasies about Sawk and Liepard.

Wow....Skyla was depressingly easy. Clay and his Excadrill actually beat me down several times. But my Galvantula simply swept through her team like it was nothing. I guess giving it an Expert Belt was overkill, specially since she had a Swanna.

Anyways, leaving the gym, N appears! He simply talks to you, but there's one moment that made me laugh...
He talks to your lead Pokemon. He greets is by saying "Hey [insertname]!" like they've been best friends or something. Somehow, he manages to learn a lot about you including that "you live in Nuvema Town, lives with Mom..." It's incredibly humorous.
But man, I can't just help but feel for N. Too bad we're enemies...

Okay if my Liepard continues to suck as much as it has been sucking lately I'm kicking it off my team, even though it's the first one I wanted on it when the Pokemon list came out. Sorry, Choroneko, but if you keep dying in one hit in a battle against a WILD POKEMON that was FIVE LEVELS UNDER YOU then I'm going to retrieve a Joltik.

I didn't even bother to catch Victini because it was only level 15. I only catch the strongest Pokemon I can find.

[Blackie] Pignite [lv. 26]
[Charles (named after my cat)] Liepard [lv. 26]
[Strogy (short for Stroganof)] Foongus [lv. 26]
[Hearye] Audino [lv. 26]
[Faline] Deerling [lv. 28]
[Outsider] Sawk [lv. 36]

I have Pokephilliac fantasies about Sawk and Liepard.

...why would you have even bothered with downloading the ticket in the first place if you weren't at least going to catch it for collections' sake/trade fodder?

you guys tynamo is the most adorable thing ever :3

Anyway. I caught a tynamo. (two, actually, but the first had an absolutely terrible nature) I named him Boogaloo. :3:3:3:3:3:3

Tynamo is adorable!

I tried to catch Victini when I got to Castelia for the first time, but failed because I had no Ultra Balls. I figure I'll get around to going back there eventually...

I'll admit, N has a very good point. I've noticed he actually respects the player character. But what he said to Juniper in Chargestone Cave was incredibly moving.

What is with the electric eels and their sodding levitating? Sure, they sort of float in midair, but every bloody fish does that, and they don't get immunity from basically their only weakness!

What is with the electric eels and their sodding levitating? Sure, they sort of float in midair, but every bloody fish does that, and they don't get immunity from basically their only weakness!

I think it annoys me more that they can't learn surf.

And bah, I have to wait until next weekend when it's spring break and I'm not at college with stupid protected wi-fi before I can download the liberty ticket.

Edit: also, I'm thinking about Swanna to replace my Simipour; I thought it was stupid looking up until now, but it doesn't look that bad in-game and it can be my flier and my surfer in one!

Eight badges get! I caught two of the Musketeer trio, too. Gunna train a bit before doing anymore important plotthings.

Team:

[Jack] Samurott (male) Lv42 @ Mystic Water
Relaxed/Torrent
X-Scissor/Revenge/Surf/Razor Shell

[Big Daddy] Excadrill (male) Lv43 @ Quick Claw
Adamant/Sand Rush
Hone Claws/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Poison Jab

[Milla] Cinccino (female) Lv42 @ Silk Scarf
Jolly/Cute Charm
Sing/Return/Dig/Swift

[Jody] Whimsicott (female) Lv41 @ Miracle Seed
Modest/Infiltrator
Growth/Leech Seed/Mega Drain/Razor Leaf

[Dreigeist] Deino (male) Lv43 @ Evolite
Bashful/Hustle
Work Up/Dragon Pulse/Crunch/Dragon Rush

[Sunnyside] Larvesta (male) Lv40 @ Exp. Share
Adamant/Flame Body
Flame Charge/Bug Bite/Leech Life/Take Down

Milla and Big Daddy are ass-kicking machines~

how the hell do the eels float when their animation show them walking

and yet chandelure... does not? :v

also got to the credits, grinding now. white forest is soops cool.

Tripjaw [archeops, M, lv60]
Kabutan [karrablast, M, lv57]
Sharps [druddigon, M, lv56]
Mitos [reuniclus, M, lv54]
Caeru [golurk (:D), M, lv54]
Dharma [darumaka, F, lv52]

dharma's weak as shit defense-wise, but if she can score a hit it's almost guaranteed to ko. i'm still not sure whether or not to replace her with a seviper/gliscor or keep her.

also, can someone do a tradeback with a shelmet for Kabutan for me? i can give you a servine/simipour/zekrom or prevos.

IS THIS GAME EVER GOING TO GET MORE CHALLENGING

I'm five to six levels above every trainer I see.

In Icirrus City! I'm going crazy because I can't reach all the hidden items here. Getting ready to fight the gym leader and go up to that tower :3
Hopefully my Pokemon will be strong enough at level 40?

Alfred (Samurott/M) lvl 37
Choco Pie (Zebstrika/F) lvl 35
Little Rox (Gigalith/F) lvl 35
Sock (Sawk/M) lvl 37
Jackie (Krokorok/F) lvl 36
Lucille (Swanna/F) lvl 37

This is the first time I've played through the story of a Pokemon game with more females than males in my party! Usually I have all male but one. Not sure why, it just feels right.

Has anyone reached Lacunosa town yet? I'm trying to get to Kyurem, but the path to it's cave is blocked off by a bunch of trees and a ledge. Does anyone know how to reach Kyurem?

Back
Top Bottom