• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

So I'm done with my training. I'm going to challenge the league now.

edit: won. Cynthia was a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Yes! I get it finally along with the DSi!!

Time for the rundown...

Name of Trainer: Apollo (M)

Pokemon:

[Piplup] Hydronguin (M) Lv. 12
[Shinx] Elektrikos (M) Lv. 11
[Starly] Poulaki (M) Lv. 11

I think my game is racist. Anyways, I'm at Oreburgh. I heard you can get Ponyta above Oreburgh at night. Can anyone confirm that?

I caught the birds! Articuno was definately the smartest of the three, with its teleporting and stuff. On an unrelated note, I have the Griseous Orb.

Sweet!

I am ready to tackle Veilstone Gym, I have actually already tried to fight the leader last night, I was tired and she was hard...I lost.

On a side note, PORYGON!!!

My friend brought over her Pearl version and was attempting to beat the League, so I decided to pick up Platinum and get some stuff done in it. I caught Uxie and Azelf as well as Rotom, set Mesprit free, got the National Dex, set off Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Cresselia, and am currently tracking them around the region with a False Swiping Scyther in the lead.

... I caught Articuno on my third Quick Ball and Cresselia on my third or fourth :DDD

I got it today and so far I've only caught two other Pokemon. I'm going to catch more before I take on the first gym.

Iden the Turtwig Lv. 8
Spinx the Shinx Lv.5
Crella the Kricketot Lv. 3

I'm around that hicktown breeding place. I have about 20 pokemon trained/in-training but with me

CHARLIE f Linoone lv25
Muno m Prinplup lv 28
Demonseed m Clefable lv 29
Chemo m Pidgeotto lv 28
Lagann m Luxio lv 28

So yesterday I decide to go catch Heatran. I start up the battle, and after I've weakened him with my Floatzel i send out my souped-up Rayquaza to provide defense. Turns out I needed defense, because the stupid thing resisted all 40 Ultra Balls I threw at it. Not only that, he killed Rayquaza due to a combination of three Metal Sounds and a lava plume that critical hit'd him. So I send out my Ho-oh to provide defense, and after he breaks out of all of my Dusk balls, I toss out the only thing I have left: a Great Ball.

...And it catches him. Go figure.

I can't figure out how to get to the top of the Spear Pillar. There's an annoying Grunt in my way. Help, anyone?

Anyway, my main team members are:
-Team of Ellie (f)-
Waterflier (f) Lv 52
Luxray (f) Lv 49
Flamewind (f) Lv 45

And I just got my Riolu egg, and.... it's a girl, too.
My game is plaguing me with females.

I can't figure out how to get to the top of the Spear Pillar. There's an annoying Grunt in my way. Help, anyone?

Anyway, my main team members are:
-Team of Ellie (f)-
Waterflier (f) Lv 52
Luxray (f) Lv 49
Flamewind (f) Lv 45

And I just got my Riolu egg, and.... it's a girl, too.
My game is plaguing me with females.

what are those Pokémon

On my way to Sunyshore from Celestic. I only just barely beat Cyrus, Floatzel had 4 hp left and I aqua jet'd his last Pokemon to death. The fog is so annoying...

Team (hasn't changed much):
Grotle (m) lv. 31
Staravia (m) lv. 31
Ponyta (m) lv. 33
Luxio (f) lv. 33
Leafeon (m) lv. 34
Floatzel (m) lv. 34

I am still training to fight Maylene. Currently my Mon's are at level 27. Do you think that is high enough?

I got the 'Official Pokemon Platinum Guide Book' today. It is unlike any of the previous guide books. The pages are like newspaper...Dang, though, the thing is a hog!!! 624 Pages!

Tried multiple times to catch Giratina; used the Master Ball because I decided I'd have a good catcher before any other legendary. I still need a sixth pokémon and am trying to catch Electabuzz. Current Team:

[Tonnerre] Luxray Lv. 44
[Demeter] Torterra Lv. 40
[Voler] Staraptor Lv. 41
[Psyche] Gardevoir Lv. 41
[Cerebus] Houndoom Lv. 41
[Poseidon] Vaporeon Lv. 41

I don't know who to use for my last spot. Electabuzz will replace my Luxray when I catch em.

I am still training to fight Maylene. Currently my Mon's are at level 27. Do you think that is high enough?

Should be; I fought her at around that level and she was ridiculously easy.

Just caught Giratina while I was eating breakfast ^^ I brought a ton of Dusk Balls (from last night's attempt), some Quick Balls and like 30 Timer Balls and Ultra Balls.
I used my Kangaskhan to tank him as I chucked Pokeballs. Normal types are the best tanks for Giratina, I think; half of his attacks don't hurt them one bit! And that one two-turn attack of his is a great intermission to use a good ol' Lemonade and then get back to ball-chucking.

I was disappointed that he changed back to his Altered Forme when I got back outside, though. :[ Isn't there a hold item for him or something? Hows you get it?

I'm in Sunyshore now getting ready to grab the last badge!
KangaskhanKawa ♀ Lv.44
TorterraVerdy ♀ Lv.43
LuxrayLeo ♂ Lv.45
Staraptor Stuart ♂ Lv.42
Machamp Chen ♀ Lv.43
Gabite Spike ♂ Lv.42

I'm considering my Battle Frontier team, too... I heard all the Pokemon there were EV trained, even the computer ones. @_@ So far I'm thinking Gliscor, Honchkrow, maybe Garchomp or something...

Back
Top Bottom