• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Avoiding the Zzzzz's

I am nocturnal, so I am usually up at night and sleeping during the day. Twice a week I have to be awake during the day for a few hours so those two days are usually pretty sucky. Other than that most days my schedule is wake up as soon as the sun is down, go to bed around 0900, about.

did a all-nighter, fell asleep at the hospital waiting for my mum, and the nurse had to wake me up because i was "very still", and i tend to fall asleep on my someone special couch,so now i sit down and i'm all f**k i'm tired.........
i normaly internet all night if i want any chance of being awake any time before 10am. so yeah, homestuck all the night.

This always fucks me over. I get sleepy while driving and coffee doesn't work on me. I try singing and that keeps me awake but it distracts me and then I'm not as focused on the road. e_e So then I turn the GPS on and usually it's on mute but I un-mute it so the annoying voice brings me back to focus whenever I need to make a turn. And I bring a snack like an apple or pear to nom in the middle of the drive. This is for like, 40-minute drives, mind, not anything shorter. Also, only drives I'm very familiar with, otherwise the stress of driving will fill me with adrenaline and I'll definitely not fall asleep. (Yay anxiety!)

But even when not driving, I'm practically falling asleep all day every day. As long as there's nothing to do I'm in a state of tiredness - this is mostly during daylight hours because I'm 7 hours ahead of everyone online so there's nothing happening. I take a lot of short naps. :\ I'm also low on vitamin D which makes me tired and is affected by my constant sleeping during daylight, lol... But since coffee doesn't work on me idk what to do about it.

Do energy drinks work based on something other than caffeine? :v

I am nocturnal, so I am usually up at night and sleeping during the day. Twice a week I have to be awake during the day for a few hours so those two days are usually pretty sucky. Other than that most days my schedule is wake up as soon as the sun is down, go to bed around 0900, about.

I don't like staying up during the day as well. My times are mostly the same as yours. How do you cope with it? Everybody complains that I'm always asleep, but I can't help it if that's what my body prefers!

I don't like staying up during the day as well. My times are mostly the same as yours. How do you cope with it? Everybody complains that I'm always asleep, but I can't help it if that's what my body prefers!

Wait, you guys are nocturnal? *tilts head* How does that make sense?

Anyway, (to be somewhat on topic) I forgot to mention that I usually take a short nap in the bus (it's a 1 1/2 hour drive), which is...nice and umm, sort of related to this... I've also found that music sometimes help me sleep, though if it's too awesome I just get too exited to fall asleep so... yeah ^^

Yeah, I hunt rats at night when my vision is better, since during the day my eyes can't take the light. I then go back to my nest during daylight to sleep and take care of my eggs so that some stupid weasel doesn't eat them.

Yeah, I hunt rats at night when my vision is better, since during the day my eyes can't take the light. I then go back to my nest during daylight to sleep and take care of my eggs so that some stupid weasel doesn't eat them.

If you're an owl that can talk, you are my friend. Like, best friend. Ever.

I work a night shift, it's easier to work night shifts if being awake at night is your normal thing. It's just how I am. I sort of prefer night though, I'm not sure as to why; night just seems more exciting to me.

Like right now I am losing my mind because it's sunny and there's snow and I have to wear sunglasses because it's so fraking bright. (I got called in for second shift.)

I bite my hands to keep me awake. Really hard. Not blood or anything, but there are teethmarks in me for the rest of the day. Used to do the face-slap thing, but it sort of makes people stare at you. Have to be up at seven so on weekdays computer is off by twelve, but on weekends and such I periodically stay up into I'm too tired to.

~Talking about my own sleep patterns and nothing else makes me feel like a egocentric.

Back
Top Bottom