• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I'm pretty sure only Pikachu is getting the special treatment, unfortunately. But that won't stop fanartists from drawing other Pokemon in those outfits, I hope!

My thoughts on the new Gym Leader/Elite 4 art:

*I think Roxanne's new outfit suits her. It does a good job of updating her look wile keeping the same feel as the original.
*I wasn't too keen on Brawly's art at first, but it's starting to grow on me. It helps that he actually looks like a surfer now.
*Wattson's pants are really big and poofy for no reason :unsure:. I do like the jacket, though.
*Flannery looks about the same.
*Norman's outfit is about the same, but the pose really sells it.
*Sidney's face is really, really weird. I think they were trying to hard to make him look like a "bad boy".
*Phoebe looks pretty much exactly the same as in RSE

Overall: good :)

I'm not sure what to think about the Pikachus, but I'm glad to hear conformation that Pokemon Amie is in this game. I get to pet my Skitty! And my Torchic! And all my other Pokemon:love:

tumblr_n8qmmboRtN1t8hluho3_500.jpg

i don't really understand what everyone's beef is with wattson???

also now he has a shirt with stormclouds on it how is that not awesome

Mostly, that his cool pilot jacket would once distract us from the truth that he's wearing a freaking bright yellow jumpsuit but now there is nothing. There is only a touristy-looking shirt thing barely standing between us and laughably painful truth. There is no more shelter.

That, and he actually had human legs before.

At least his new sandals are spiffy, though.

Personally I think ORAS is doing a bad job at redesigns in general. There are some exceptions like Brendn, May and Team Magma but otherwise I'm not a big fan of most of the redesigns.

So we know there'll be secret bases.

What do you think they'll do with the trendy saying in Dewford, or the "Hipster" (the guy in the top left corner of Mauville Pokémon Centre.

There are probably even more things I'm forgetting as well.

The PokéNav will probably be replaced with something on the bottom screen at least.

The PokéNav will probably be replaced with something on the bottom screen at least.
They can always do as HGSS did, and keep the PokéTechitem as it was previously whilst simply giving us a touchscreen full of wonderfully useful things.

Once you go touchscreen Running Shoes, you can never quite go B-ack.

It's completely normal. Hell, I'm excited for it, too.

I really like the leader redesigns! The only thing I'm worried for is the music; they really dropped the ball with the leader theme remix in BW2.

New leaks:
- Mega Altaria
- Mega Lopunny
- Mega Salamence
- Pikachu costumes
- You receive a shiny Beldum via an event

I'm not sure how I feel about Mega 'mence, but Mega Altaria is gorgeous.

I'm slightly peeved that everyone will now have a shiny metagross after I put so much effort into Masuda breeding one >_>

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love these!
My shiny Lopunny gets to Mega evolve and kick ass, crescent-plane 'Mence looks pretty dang neat to me, and Altaria is now an adorable dragonslayer... dragon ;u;
I kinda feel like I'll have to breed a shiny Bagon AND a shiny Swablu too, because hot damn I want both of those Megas as shinies. hhhhhhhh

I'm slightly peeved that everyone will now have a shiny metagross after I put so much effort into Masuda breeding one >_>
But yours is still more special than some event copy-paste 'mon because it's your own and you can name it and everything :O

For me, Lopunny > Altaria > Salamence. But I think a lot of people are overreacting at all of the stuff. Salamence isn't that terrible-looking, and the Megas were made to kick butt in battle anyway, not to look practical. I'll be waiting for the eventual trailer Pokemon will put up with all this stuff in motion, where it will invariably look much better.

I personally can't wait to see what other Mega pokemon we get! Salamence was kind of an obvious choice, but Lopunny was pretty unexpected. :O
I'd sell half my soul for a Mega Shedinja.

Aaaaaand it has a good nature and IVs. I hadn't even realized until now that you couldn't nickname event Pokémon.
To be fair, at least some event pokemon are nameable (like the Pokebank Celebi), but I'm pretty sure the Beldum will have some special OT like the Speed Boost Torchic and can't be named because events are nasty like that (nicknames are important!) :U

OK so maybe I won't get my mega Milotic after all. </3

I actually really like Mega Salamence and Altaria, but I'm not super fussed about Mega Lopunny; I'm sure it'll have some really good battle applications though. :'D

You get fans now! And they give you stuff.

Apparently Cosplay Pikachu is a thing onto itself? Like, you can't dress up normal Pikachu. Bet you anything you can't evolve it either.

I'm going to be really sad if customization isn't coming back (especially because even Pikachu gets to play dress-up!), and it's kinda looking like it might not be returning? In the revealed contest screenshots, it shows the player characters' Sugimori art (though of course, they COULD have different eye/hair/skin colour versions of it, but ehhhhh).
If they don't have customization, the PSS is going to look like a fucking massive clone army of those generic npc faces and Brendans and Mays. So maybe it still *might* be coming back? :Y

eeeegh the bottom line is that I hate to be uncertain about things. Just either reveal it or confirm that it isn't there, please D:

Shamelessly double-posting, because, well, NEW MEGAS!
(they'd been posted on the Korean Pokemon site, apparently by accident and then removed)

Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. I definitely wasn't expecting these. :O

Megabro though. I'm not sure if I can handle it :D It's so amazingly ridiculous and I love it aaaagh
It has Shell Armor though, which isn't nearly as useful as, say, Regenerator, but eh apparently it gets boosts in Defense and Sp. Atk (I'm pretty sure I'm going to use one when the games are out just for the sheer silliness of the design, regardless of how well it doesn in battle).

Mega Audino is kinda cool too, I guess? I never had a very strong opinion on regular Audino,so it doesn't get as strong a reaction from me as Megabro. :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom