11. Zero Moment
  12. Autumn

Old 03-04-2016, 05:15 AM
blame telegram

Pronoun: He
JackPK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

oh my god

EVERY TIME the bold text came up talking about me it's because Altissimo tried to kill me but failed b/c I had used my powers that night

EVERY TIME

i cannot fucking imagine how frustrating that must have been for the scum

(A+ game! I really love the scumkill variations where they fail against people who used a certain type of power, making it important to correctly pick the person to execute the scumkill based on the target's presumed powers.)

if you feel like it, click on my GPX+ party below! :3

Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

I'M FREE! FREEEEEEEE!!!!

wait what do you mean I don't get clemency for assisting the investigation???

(Yes, actually, my entire motivation for choosing Giovanni was to get an excuse to use that gif.)

Good game! Not the twistiest of the MF games I've participated in, but it definitely had its surprises. No wonder Altissimo was going on about Jack the entire game, heh--that had to be incredibly frustrating.

What on earth was up with Flora and VM's roles, though? I guess VM's is an interesting one in that it could make the innocents play around with it, inadvertently shooting themselves in the foot, but Flora's appears to be just... really, really bad.

Quote:
(for the record, deploying The Thing kind of causes a lot of bold messages to appear, alright?)
Fair. I really had no idea about what was going on with the day messages, so I didn't want to risk a false negative by assuming too much in the way I worded my question and stuck to something pretty generic. Obviously I went too broad.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

ofc VM had to turn off my powers the moment they're useful. I had this whole spiel prepared about being a pure nexus and immune to kills but with a secondary lose condition >:(
Old 03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
bye

Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPK View Post
oh my god

EVERY TIME the bold text came up talking about me it's because Altissimo tried to kill me but failed b/c I had used my powers that night

EVERY TIME

i cannot fucking imagine how frustrating that must have been for the scum

(A+ game! I really love the scumkill variations where they fail against people who used a certain type of power, making it important to correctly pick the person to execute the scumkill based on the target's presumed powers.)
You have no. Goddamn. Idea.

So yes, it was not a coincidence that Zapi's so-called power went off every time there was not a nightkill, but it was a coincidence that the only times my power failed were when I targeted someone with whom Jack swapped, and I was so irritated I couldn't explain that when Zapi was under suspicion. :(

other thoughts:
-God fucking damn it ILS on night one of the game when you inducted me into your circle I told you I was a healer you could have used that because it was the whole reason I claimed healer publicly but nooooo
-although to be fair:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altissimo View Post
if anyone had asked me to roleclaim late game i had a contingency plan, Music Therapist aka I heal people with the power of musics xD
this was from username mafia in 2012 and I had 100% forgotten about it lmao
-KRATOS I'M SORRY I HAD TO KILL YOU I REALLY AM YOU WERE SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY WITH I'M NOT EVEN JOKING
-all in all this was the best mafia i've done in a while because holy shit if it wasn't totally crazy and that's what I like to see!!!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 AM
bye

Quote:
-God fucking damn it ILS on night one of the game when you inducted me into your circle I told you I was a healer you could have used that because it was the whole reason I claimed healer publicly but nooooo
TO ADD TO THIS I WAS SO PROUD OF THE WAY I STRUCTURED THE HEALER CLAIM BECAUSE IT TOTALLY FIT WITH MY ROLE BUT NO YOU COULDNT HAVE DEFENDED ME USING THE NUGGET I PROVIDED ON NIGHT FUCKING ONE

I AM SALTY
Old 03-04-2016, 10:50 AM
bye

also i can't get over the fact that negrek specifically found out i was mafia and did not believe the results

i thought we had a chance then :( i was so excited!
Old 03-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Lost at sea

Pronoun: they
Zapi is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if I ever commented on the flavor for this game, MF, but I love it. All of it. and seeing all the role PMs made me love it even more!

and i still can't believe Jack managed to swap himself with the person we were trying to target like three times. i mean the first time it was actually beneficial because otherwise we would've killed Nira... but the other times. why. We should've killed you while we had the Chance
Old 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
plus ultra!

Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

You... told me you were a healer? I forgot lol

At least i got a cool rescue team out of it

~*tumblr~

Haikus

ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha

I'm good at haiku.
I might even say decent.
and...that's all I've got. -Superbird

Old 03-04-2016, 04:27 PM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
-KRATOS I'M SORRY I HAD TO KILL YOU I REALLY AM YOU WERE SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY WITH I'M NOT EVEN JOKING
THEN WHY DID YOU DO IT YOU COULD'VE KILLED NEGREK OR SOMEONE INSTEAD
Old 03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
bye

we had our reasons :(

and yes ILS on n1 i asked what your deal was and you asked me and I said "pretty generic healer" gdi
Old 03-04-2016, 05:01 PM
busy dizzy lazy

Quote:
also i can't get over the fact that negrek specifically found out i was mafia and did not believe the results
I am just really bad at Mafia, it's kind of ridiculous. =/

Quote:
and i still can't believe Jack managed to swap himself with the person we were trying to target like three times. i mean the first time it was actually beneficial because otherwise we would've killed Nira... but the other times. why. We should've killed you while we had the Chance
And also, wasn't he just swapping 100% at random? That is some serious RNG hate.

In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design

Old 03-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

This was wonderful to watch the entire way through. That's really all I can say, though

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[20:47:57] +Superbird: quick someone what's the integral of tan(x)
[20:48:07] +Tomsta17: 857
[20:48:08] @dingram: -lncosx
[20:48:12] +Superbird: wrong
[20:48:16] +Superbird: -lncosx + c
Superbird was muted by dingram for 7 minutes.
[20:48:20] +Tomsta17: ya
[20:48:23] +Squidero: rekt imo
Superbird was unmuted by dingram.
[20:48:28] +Squidero: unrekt imo
[20:48:28] +Destinylife: Aww
[20:48:32] +Superbird: lol
Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

Good game! We've had more brainmelting roles, but I think some of the playing that resulted from this was excellent - the day Negrek and Altissimo concluded they were both innocent was pretty great. I kind of started to believe it. (But my vibes were right all along, oh my god.)

JackPK's wild success at stopping the mafia with random swaps is hilarious. Poor mafia didn't stand a chance against the RNG gods.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:55 PM
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree View Post
JackPK's wild success at stopping the mafia with random swaps is hilarious. Poor mafia didn't stand a chance against the RNG gods.
BULLSHIT we TOTALLY WOULD HAVE if you guys hadn't lynched me
Old 03-05-2016, 12:08 AM
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
And also, wasn't he just swapping 100% at random? That is some serious RNG hate.
The first time I don't think it was random (he only declared he'd be using RNG once we figured out what his power was), then the second time was random, then the third time I think was his trying to protect you by swapping with you. (And you know we had an idea this would happen but there was literally no way around it: in order to kill you I had to target you, but if Jack swapped with you then my kill would fail, but if I tried to target Jack it would fail for the same reasons, and if Zapi tried to target you it would fail, and if Zapi tried to target Jack it would fail ... so all we could do was target you and hope Jack didn't fuck it up A THIRD TIME)

this did lead to the most hilarious thing that Zapi said to me via PM though: "Of course this is just assuming everything goes right and no Jack switching fuckery prevents negrek from getting #negrekt tonight"

re: kratos: we had our reasons for killing you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapi in PM
Alright then. My two cents: we should kill Kratos tonight, and attempt to frame it on Negrek. Here's my reasoning:

- Obviously Flora and Jack should be left alive since they're suspicious, and Butterfree (if she makes it til then) since some people are suspicious of her. That just leaves ILS and the other two from the communication chain.
- Killing Negrek would most definitely point ILS and Kratos towards you, since they (Neg) were openly suspicious of you (Alti) in the thread. So that's also a no-go. That leaves ILS and Kratos.
- Now, like you said, Alti - if you kill ILS tonight, it's likely that Kratos would be able to guess it was you. If you kill Kratos, however, I'm highly doubtful that ILS would be able to guess it was you - he seems pretty suspicious of Negrek, and Kratos dying would probably confirm his suspicion. This, combined with the fact that they suspected Nira and me, and that they definitely need to die before you (Alti) do so my claim doesn't get fucked up, makes Kratos a pretty good target imo.

Ideally, once Kratos is dead, ILS will start a lynch train for Negrek the following day... which, in turn, will make him look suspicious the next day if Negrek gets lynched and flips innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
My initial thought was to get rid of either Butterfree or Kratos, too: Butterfree because, despite the heavy suspicions against her, Negrek's totally right that she's most likely to be innocent if my healing claim is true. I also don't want to see The Thing happen, but Kratos being killed is probably much, much better for us. (I kind of didn't want to kill Kratos because they're so suspicious of Jack and Flora and Negrek but it looks like this is how stuff's gonna go down. :( lol)

I PMed ILS and Kratos and asked them who they thought we should induct into the group tonight. Kratos gave the following logic:
-Nira's on the chopping block
-ILS and myself are suspicious of Butterfree
-We're all suspicious of Jack
-This leaves Flora and Zapi
-Flora probably wouldn't be much help
-Zapi it is. Kratos did say this: "I still have a tiny niggling suspicion about Zapi, but less so after I realized I'd misremembered the targeting Jack thing, and I'm not aware of any particular problems either of you have with them." but it's very small compared with the other suspicions they have (though Kratos isn't particularly suspicious of Butterfree).

Kratos seems very positive Jack will flip mafia if Nira does, by the way.

I'll keep up the dialogue with the group and you during the night phase. There may well yet be a way another choice is better if the discussion turns out that way. But for now Kratos seems like as good a bet as any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapi
Hmm, you're right in that Butterfree might also be an option worth considering... but I guess Kratos is more of a priority. Also I'm pretty sure some other people are suspicious of Flora and Jack, so it's not too bad of a loss. *prays Butterfree doesn't do The Thing tonight*
We had some interesting PM conversations
Old 03-05-2016, 04:44 AM
Beauty, brawn and Frontier Brains.

M&F has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
wait does that mean I wouldn't have died if I'd used my power :(
Nah. That would've been the case if it was Zapi murdering you, but since it was Altissimo, you'd have died either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
What on earth was up with Flora and VM's roles, though? I guess VM's is an interesting one in that it could make the innocents play around with it, inadvertently shooting themselves in the foot, but Flora's appears to be just... really, really bad.
Past me was convinced that it had pseudo-informative functions, which would be good for a number of reasons. In the end it just really sucks, but eh, GMing MFia sometimes gets to be a hit-or-miss affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapi View Post
I don't know if I ever commented on the flavor for this game, MF, but I love it. All of it. and seeing all the role PMs made me love it even more!
Thanks! But I should also mention, the RP'd posts were excellent overall as well. I didn't say much when they were rolling since that carried a minor risk of modconfirming someone's flavor claim (and I have on some occasions messed even with choice flavor, so that would've mattered), but seriously, seeing posts like those is probably the most fun I can have in the game without laughing at anybody's fate.

Quote:
in order to kill you I had to target you, but if Jack swapped with you then my kill would fail, but if I tried to target Jack it would fail for the same reasons, and if Zapi tried to target you it would fail, and if Zapi tried to target Jack it would fail ... so all we could do was target you and hope Jack didn't fuck it up A THIRD TIME)
... Oh boy. Were you folks aware that only the action of your final target counted for the self-limitation on the kill?

#cometobabahl
(click colias -- you know you want to -- for asb profile)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:15 PM
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica Fanboy View Post
... Oh boy. Were you folks aware that only the action of your final target counted for the self-limitation on the kill?
clearly not

noooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-05-2016, 12:43 PM
bye

i demand a do-over!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:16 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Niiiiiice.

Also, since I forgot to say it earlier, thanks for a great game, MF! I'll be looking forward to whatever you host next.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:02 AM
bye

oh right i know this is way late but for the record we killed (or tried to kill) most of the people we did in the early game because they were inactive and i was pissed as shit at people being inactive