• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Possible Generation V Pokemon for upcoming movie?

Bulbapedia article
PokeBeach article

Is this what we've been waiting for? Is Generation V finally on its way?

By the looks of things, this could be a new Pokemon form, but I think that would not work out well, considering there really aren't any new possible games to come out for any more possible forms (Rotom / Giratina / Shaymin forms for Platinum, Pichu forms for HGSS). It is also possible that the "new" Pokemon is simply a legendary Pokemon they haven't shown yet. Serebii speculated Lugia and Ho-oh, but they really aren't anything close to new, since they have been released before.

I'm going to take a leap of faith and say that these are new Pokemon that will be revealed. It's been about four years since Generation IV began, and its about time we start to get Generation V rolling. The only possible reasoning against this is that there is no new console announced yet, but it is possible that they might be making it for the DS again.

GO GO GO SPECULATIONS!!!

I'm quite excited about this. I believe they'll be some new Pokemon.

They'll probably just be new babbies or something though, they always seem to release those first, for those Pikachu shorts before the movies, spin-off games... stuff like that.

I just hope it's not another electric rodent. >:|

Don't get your hopes up, that's the second most likely possibility...

Seriously, every gen has a Pikachu lookalike. ... Except gen 2? I can't think of what gen 2's is if it has one. I guess that's where Pichu fits in.

Dunsparce has an evolution. Yanma, if I remember correctly, which evolves into Yanmega when it levels up, knowing Hidden Power.

206dunsparce.png
does not equal
193yanma.png

Come on new Pokémon!

Lame...

I hope it's something decent, and if there are new evos for oldbies, I want to see something better than Tangrowth and Lickilicky...

You can bash Lickilicky all you want, though. It's the only D/P new-evolution-of-an-old-Pokémon that actually sucked.

I'm actually guessing we won't see too many evolved/baby forms of old Pokémon this time, though. We got a bunch in G/S/C, hardly any in R/S/E, and then a bunch again in D/P/P... so this will probably be another "hardly any babies/evolutions of old Pokémon" batch.

Back
Top Bottom