• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions This is an awful thread.

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice

Spaekle's Wonderful World of Croagunks and Failed Attempts at Witticism
brought to you by vaseline
boredgunk.png

Yo! I realized I haven't been artfagging at TCoD enough, so I'm back. :v Thread will be sporadically updated - mostly with doodles of bored-looking Pokemon and other fanshit (because threads without pogeymans in them don't get comments. :<)

I admittedly do not have a lot at the moment, though. Have a Tsutaaja.

tsutaja.png

It looks very bored, as you can see.

(you can suggest/maybe request things, but please note that I'm terrible about doing things in a timely fashion when they're not for like a grade or anything.)

I'll try to have better stuff up later.

Last edited:
The lack of the Tropius-Croagunk picture makes me sad. I'd love to see it finished, too.

I'm really liking the natural-looking colors on the 'bored' Croakgunk picture, and the shading's pretty good, too. The expression fits Croagunk well, as do its eyes. The way you draw Croagunk actually makes me like them, which is pretty impressive because they used to be low on my list of Sinnoh Pokémon.

As for Tsutaaja, yet again your color choice has a pretty cool natural feel to it. I like the lighting on this one, too. However, the outline seems, uh, pixel-y against to the smooth shading. Also Tsutaaja's feet bother me for some reason. But, I really like your take on Tsutaaja.

I remember your old art thread, and you had some wonderful traditional pictures that used colored pencils. I really liked your frog pictures from there. Would you mind posting some of your more recent traditional art if you have any?

Hahaha, that thing I spent like five minutes tops on? I thought it was a funny idea and relatively decent for a half-assed doodle, but I never really intended on 'finishing' it or anything. I might try the same idea again sometime though. Only, you know, actually try.

Thank you. :v Nothing like fanart to change one's opinion of a Pokemon. Maybe someday my art will be splendid enough to open the hearts of countless people to the joys of Croagunk. :']

Ah, I've been doing a lot of cartoony digital stuff lately and I've taken a liking to using the pencil tool for lineart. Usually it gives me a nice crisp line that I really like. I think the pixelly-ness on Tsutaaja really shows because I wasn't working as big as I usually do there. Now that you mention it, though, it does bother me a tad. :s

Since you asked, here are some traditional things I've done lately. I really can't show you what I consider the very best because I sent it off to AP to be judged (and don't have the initial scans I made :<) But this is what I could find. Linked for big images.

Uhh, it's a bathroom. In oil pastel.
A cat. This is actually kind of old and may have even been in my last art thread but I still like it.
This is a mysterious person taking a myspace photo. I fucking hate the face on this but everyone seems to think it's the best thing I've ever done or something so here you go.
Not traditional media, has a million things wrong with it, but I like it.
lol, half-assed backgrounds
A jar of nutella in watercolor. A teacher I never even had bought the original of this from me for $20. I am not sure why.

Man, don't say your stuff sucks, because it doesn't.
Now me? My work pales in comparison to yours.

My favorite is the kitty. :3

Thank you, everyone. :v

@Leafpool: Odd coincidence? Unless you live in my area and know this person or something, haha.

So I'm going to NYC from tomorrow to Sunday and will not be able to post crap until I get back, but I'm sure I'll doodle a lot on the way there. (And car doodles always turn out good, amirite?)

Until then, have another gunky thing I doodled at like 3 AM this morning. This time it's a gijinkagunk! I probably messed up the hand (and general anatomy) terribly.

gunkjinka.png

he is flipping me off whut

I think it encapsulates a Croagunk's appearance pretty well, although his skin could be a shade more purpley.

Oh, and your pastel work is amazingasmic.

So I'm back with some Zelda nightmare fuel! (I haven't been doing much fanart lately if you're wondering where I've been.)

Anyone remember the Dead Hand from Ocarina of Time? Yeah, the creepy thing that grabs you and then comes up out of the ground to gnaw your face off? It scares the shit out of me, quite frankly.

So I did what normal people do when things scare the shit out of them and drew it late at night when I was the only one up.

deadhand.png

:v This is my first attempt at using Photoshop CS5, by the way. Went down to buy it at my future college the other day (for a rad student discount!). I kind of like the face, but hate how you can tell when I started getting lazy with it. Lame background ftw. And I didn't feel like drawing the creepy hands that come up out of the ground either. Yawn.

Last edited:
On that note, I drew some stuff that I didn't feel like finishing today. Have some rapeface N and uh, some kind of Morty.

nsketch.png

I hope this guy is a kickass villain. He probably won't be, but that's why I do this ~speculative fanart~ of him as a rapeface villain before anything else is confirmed.

mortyscarf.png

Yeah I dunno what this is. It just kind of happened.

Hey guys, I need to quit drawing guys from 3/4 perspective with faces that all look the same. I'll take suggestions if you'd like to challenge me. :v I'd like to get as much crap in this thread as possible before college comes and I won't have time to sit around and doodle Pokemon all day.

Also have this. It is clearly the greatest thing I have ever drawn in every respect.

stayinalive.png

okay can i use that as an avatar because it is beautiful ; ;

(the stayin' alive one btw)

Re: This is a cool thread.

I'll take suggestions if you'd like to challenge me. :v
Would an art trade count as a challenge? *hopeful*
I have a shitton of weirdo original characters you could choose from :U

You make N look bearable (note: I don't particularly like him [yet]) :P
Also I think Morty's neck is a tad too long, maybe shortening it and moving his head a bit to the right would make it look better? It's pretty cool though.

the best the best the best
that's the most badass Mijumaru I've seen B]

I love your stuff. I am so jealous of the range of media that you can use - the charcoal, the pil pastels, the watercolours all look fantastic, and you can use digital media, too! The different styles you can do - realism, anime-style, freaking adorable chibis - is really impressive, too. I think I like your darker stuff more, but it's all good. In fact, if you were serious about requests/suggestions, how about some dark-style Pokemon? It's always fun to see cute little 'mons being creepy (and god knows, I can't do it). :D

(No art this time; I was going to wait until I had something half-decent to reply, but I am leaving for a bit tomorrow [again] and wanted to get this out of the way. :v)

Would an art trade count as a challenge? *hopeful*
I have a shitton of weirdo original characters you could choose from :U

You make N look bearable (note: I don't particularly like him [yet]) :P
Also I think Morty's neck is a tad too long, maybe shortening it and moving his head a bit to the right would make it look better? It's pretty cool though.

the best the best the best
that's the most badass Mijumaru I've seen B]

I'd be willing to attempt a trade if you really want me to. Just give me references and stuff. :v I don't really have many OC's in return, but anything with a Croagunk in it would make me smile.

Thanks! yeah, something about the Morty picture bothered mequite a bit, and the neck thing may be it. :I I have an awful tendency to draw the neck too long first in the initial really rough thing I do and then fix it at some point later, but I guess I left out that step this time. :v;

I love your stuff. I am so jealous of the range of media that you can use - the charcoal, the pil pastels, the watercolours all look fantastic, and you can use digital media, too! The different styles you can do - realism, anime-style, freaking adorable chibis - is really impressive, too. I think I like your darker stuff more, but it's all good. In fact, if you were serious about requests/suggestions, how about some dark-style Pokemon? It's always fun to see cute little 'mons being creepy (and god knows, I can't do it). :D

Hahaha, I wouldn't say I'm that good at realism and watercolor and oil pastel are very hit-or-miss, but thanks! And I'm glad someone likes my creepy shit, because that's probably my favorite thing to do. The dark-style Pokemon thing sounds like a lot of fun; I was working on a Banette doodle, but Banette is creepy without much stylization so I dunno.

(Also sorry OS I did I rough draft of my persona ref but never got around to finishing it. ;o; I will be back on Thursday!)

Back
Top Bottom