• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's pretend that you're a deity....

I'd make the exact universe as it is now and be the Christian god just to see if the people like it or not.

EDIT::
I had a rave last night and am inspired to create a rave universe.

Let's see... First, I'd create the worlds from stories that I've written (or tried to write), then I'd probably just go and do what Kratos said.

And while I'm at it, I'd destroy some worlds too. Most likely those that are uninhabitable so no one will care. Like Earth Pluto.

If I were god I'd just make one big ocean for me to swim in.

And perhaps ice cream that grows on trees, because that is awesome.

Note that there would not be humans, nor would there be animals. Well, except for that cow from The Restaurant At The End of the Universe that begs people to eat it.

I think my world would be doomed. :<

I don't know how to make a world. :(

My world would be a large one with an earth-like climate, but no land. The entire thing would be a ball of water, with thick ice plates covering much of the surface. Deep inside, where the water was warm, would thrive a species of highly intelligent squidlike sentient beings, living in cities composed of spheres secured by large poles to the solid ice on the surface. The squid would eat the other sentient race, a herbivorous cold-water crustacean which lives in tunnels in the ice. Flora would include many plants which grew to resemble the squid race's tentacles nearer the surface (for obvious reasons), while the inner, floating plants would resemble complex machines, designed to grab as much of the little light that filters down as possible. Plants would devour small animals for nutrients because of the fact that there was no land from which to extract them.

...Reading that, I realize how warped my mind is. O_O

I’m warning that this is a bit of a long post that gets more descriptive as it goes on.
Planet: Gyaryuna

Time and Temperature
Gyaryuna would orbit its own star, with plenty of other stars... and constellations and shadows in the sky. Each day on it would be about 18 Earth hours. The year would be much shorter than Earth's, with about 64 days instead of 365, due to the fact that its star is much smaller than the Sun and this planet moves faster than Earth. A week would be 8 days, with 8 weeks a year. The cold season would start on the first day of the year, gradually get colder until the 19th day of the year, when it would get warmer again until the 35th day of the year, when the warm season started. Then the planet would warm up until the 51st day of the year, when it would cool down for 13 days, and the cold season would start again. You might call these seasons "Warmstar" and "Coldstar."

Landscape and Biology
The world's circumference around the equator would be around 13,540 miles, thus being a little over half the size of Earth. There would be three land masses.

The first would be rather small, near the equator, about 4,100 square miles. It would be warm and covered in marshes near the coast and a few tropical forests in the middle. In the marshes, reptiles would lurk in the mud, while moderately sized fish swim about in the pools of fresh water. A few woodpecker-like birds would make nests in the soft-trunked trees, eating insects that darted everywhere in the humid air.

As for the tropical forests, the temperature would be a bit on the warm side, and precipitation would be common. The forests would obviously be covered in vivid, green-leafed trees with tall trunks. Many birds would inhabit these trees, most of them containing delicious fruit that these birds would eat. There would also be mammals that resembled primates, with hands that could grasp the trunk of the tree so that they could climb and eat these fruits too.

On the forest floor, burrowing animals a bit like mice would forage for the nuts of low-growing bushes. These animals, like mice, would multiply rapidly. Cat-like animals that lived in groups would hunt these creatures for food, and keep the population of the mice-like creatures down.

----------
The second land mass would be a bit larger, about 5,300 square miles. It would be grassland, with a cool climate with a medium amount of rain and sometimes snow. This continent would be inhabited by only two species. There would be small horse-like creatures that stood on two legs, ate berries and fruits from the bushes that grew here and there, and lived in groups of twelve to eighteen members. The grass would grow long, letting these two-legged horses hide from predators like the large wolves that also lived in the area. The wolves would live alone or in pairs, with long legs and slender, muscular bodies that gave them enough speed and strength to catch their prey about 25% of the time.

-------------

The final, third land mass would be about 2,800 square miles, with rocky terrain and volcanoes dotting the land. A few species of dinosaur-like creatures would inhabit it.

One would be a little like a small version of a rhinoceros, about two feet tall. It would have gray or black skin with hard scales. Its four legs and wide, three-toed feet would give it balance, while it would have one long horn on its nose. This creature would be without a tail. They would be equipped long claws to dig for strange creatures that lived under the hot rock.

The strange creatures would be about four to eight inches long (depending on the species) and look a bit like lizards, except for their heads, which would be more circular with black eyes. The smallest, dull green ones, would come in sizes of 4 to 4.5 inches, but would be the most common. The other two kinds would be equally rare, a brown one and a purple one. The brown kind would be five to six inches long, living deeper into the rock than the other lizards, thus taking more effort to dig up. The final species would be purple and 6.5 to 8 inches long.

Some other creatures would be larger, Velociraptor-like carnivores that fed on the rhino-like creatures, from three to four feet tall. Their heads would be long, and they would have long fangs to pierce the skin of prey. Its two arms would have small “hands” and three thick claws to pin the creature’s prey down. This creature had two short legs with four claws each that were similar to the claws on the hands. It would also have a straight tail that took up about a quarter of its total length.

The fourth species would be a small rabbit that ate small sprouts that grew in places with soil. Their large ears could listen for predators as they foraged, and if they were lucky, they could hop away in time so that they wouldn’t get eaten.

The last would be a large winged reptile, with a long, sharp beak and black feathers. Its wingspan would be around four feet. It would have short, stubby legs and large feet to help it balance when on the ground. Its tail would be made of long feathers. This reptile would hunt for the rabbit-like mammal; however, when food was scarce, they would scavenge for already dead animals.

Finally, this is over. There are only two chapters, but oh well. I probably won’t add pictures or names to the creatures; just use your imagination ;)

(Very long post warning)

If I could create a world...

BEINGS
"Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker" monsters (for Pazo :3)
Pokemon
Humans
Plants :D

It would be very similar to Earth. If you were bullied, you could own people with your uber beings :blank:

Planet Name: Yamaryuu – The name means “Mountain dragon” in Japanese.
Description
Yamaryuu would be one of five planets to orbit around the star Deliciton. It would be the second planet from Deliciton, keeping its temperature cool and mild and at the same time warm. One day on it would be about fifteen earth hours due to the fact that Yamaryuu rotates quickly. Also, since Yamaryuu is large and Deliciton is small, one year on Yamaryuu is just seventy-eight earth days.
The bottoms of Yamaryuu’s large ocean would be solid rock covered by a thin layer of pure iron ore. The iron has hard materials in it not found on Earth. If you were to dig through the iron, brown and black rock would be revealed. Two miles down from there, there would be molten rock. Many miles more there would be Yamaryuu’s core, made completely of unknown materials.
The first three planets in Deliciton’s galaxy would be made of solid material; however the next planet would be made of gas. The fifth and final planet would be pure ice. The planets’ names in order are: Akaryuu, Yamaryuu, Hakuryuu, Kageryuu, and Aoryuu, meaning Red Dragon, Mountain Dragon, White Dragon, Shadow Dragon, and Blue Dragon.
Yamaryuu would be covered in lush forests, grasslands, desert and ocean. At and around the north and south poles, there would be snow and ice. There would be five continents covering the planet, leaving the remaining 67% water. There would be no war or pollution; people would get around on water jet-scooters and hovering cars running completely on rechargeable batteries :| The technology would be at a very high level.

Island one: Yakurys Isle
The name comes from Yaku, the god of Yakurys Isle. Yakurys Isle was originally named Yakusu, but the name was changed eighteen years later due to a typing mistake.

If you head south of the outstretch of land on the Northern Ice island, you'd reach the isle of Yakurys in about two hundred and sixty seven miles. The northern part of Yakurys is covered in alpine forests, getting snow at the end of fall, in winter, and until about halfway through spring. There would be a high variety of creatures that survive cold temperatures and love living in forests.
South of the alpine forests is a stretch of steppe about six miles long, then leading to a steep 120-foot drop. The cliff wall would be a wall of rocks and boulders embedded in dirt, securely in place even in the most violent earthquakes. Below that drop is another steppe about eleven miles long, eventually becoming a coniferous forest. Deciduous trees are rarely seen in the forest of Daku. There are more forest-dwelling creatures here, and some that aren't in the Yakurys Alpine.
Even more south of Daku Forest, you have reached the three-quarter point of Yakurys Isle. This is marked by a river flowing through the plantless dirt on the ground. However, the river is clean and flows westward into the Lake of Birds. The Lake of birds is at the edge of Daku Forest, containing many varieties of fish.
The rest of Yakurys Isle is grassy plain and steppe, with towns and two cities scattered around. On the very southern tip of Yakurys, there is a large shrine. The shrine is in the symbolism of Yaku, the god of Yakurys Isle. The sea beyond the shrine has gently rolling waves that lick the bottom of the cliff leading to the ocean.
Climate
In northern Yakurys, it is snowy about half of the time, and the average temperature is twenty-nine degrees Fahrenheit (negative one and two thirds degrees Celsius). The rest of the time, it is sunny or rainy, and cloudy in between. The average temperature there is forty-six degrees Fahrenheit (seven point eight degrees Celsius).
On the rest of Yakurys, it is sunny, rainy or cloudy almost year round. The average temperature is fifty-two degrees Fahrenheit (eleven point one degrees Celsius). In the middle of winter and at the beginning of spring, it is hailing and sometimes snowy. The average temperature is thirty degrees Fahrenheit at that time (negative one point one degrees Celsius).
Disaster Rate
Earthquakes – 9%
Tornadoes – 2%
Floods – 5%
Thunderstorms – 16%
Windstorms - 17%
Volcanic Eruptions – 3%
Wildfires – 6%

Island Two: Sanu Island
The name comes from San-ui, the god of Sanu Island.

Sanu Island is one hundred and three miles west of Yakurys Isle. It is the smallest island on my world, being just one hundred square miles. It is completely covered in desert, but surrounded by twenty four square miles of fresh water that gradually fade into salt water. There is only one city on Sanu Island, holding a population of one thousand five hundred and ninety. Sanu Island has less technology than the other islands but is just as capable. Sanu Island's inhabitants other than humans are desert-dwelling creatures and, around the island, those that live in fresh water. There are a few palm trees and cactuses scattered around the island, and barely any trees.
Climate
Sanu Island is hot all year round, with the average temperature being eighty-one degrees Fahrenheit (twenty seven point two degrees Celsius). The annual rainfall is just two point six inches (six point six centimeters), so people get their water from around the island. This is why nearly no one lives far from shore. The rest of the time, the weather is sunny. The human inhabitants have learned to make high-SPF sunscreen out of cactus juice and other things.
Disaster Rate
Earthquakes – 11%
Tornadoes – 8%
Floods – 12%
Thunderstorms – 26% (no rain)
Windstorms – 1%
Volcanic Eruptions – 0%
Wildfires – 34%

Island Three: Namida-Kodoku
Namida-Kodoku has no god; its name means “Tears of Loneliness, etc.”
Namida-Kodoku is a barren wasteland. Its useless soil is black, and it is covered in scorched tree stumps. It is smaller than Yakurys but larger than Sanu. There are no flowers or life here. It’s mainly a historical site, attracting tourists and scientists who study the extinct volcano in the middle of the island. People have recently been trying to create population there by shipping supplies to the two stores on the island. Others are trying to improve the atmosphere with various techniques. Hopefully, the isle of Namida-Kodoku will have Deliciton shine on it again.
Climate
All year round, Namida-Kodoku is cloudy. Barely any light reaches the clouds there. Every day, the chance is fifteen to one that there will be rain that day. The temperature on Namida-Kodoku is almost always forty-nine degrees Fahrenheit (nine point four degrees Celsius).
Disaster Rate
Earthquakes – 7%
Tornadoes – 1%
Floods – 3%
Thunderstorms – 4%
Windstorms – 8%
Volcanic Eruptions – 0%
Wildfires – 9%

Isle Four: The Isle of Northern Ice
Northern Ice Isle, as it is sometimes called, surrounds and bears the North Pole of Yamaryuu. It has no population, the only life being cold-loving creatures. Northern Ice is a thick layer of ice topped with soft snow.
Climate
There are never any clouds over Northern Ice, so the only possible weather is sunny. However, Northern Ice is covered in glaciers, making it nearly impossible to melt. The temperature is between negative eighty and negative fifteen degrees Fahrenheit (between negative sixty two-point two and negative twenty-six point one degrees Celsius).
Disaster Rate
Earthquakes – 1%
Tornadoes – 0%
Floods – 1%
Thunderstorms – 0%
Windstorms – 35% in winter, 10% in summer
Volcanic Eruptions – 0%
Wildfires – 0%

Isle Five: Southern Ice
The Isle of Southern Ice is around the South Pole of Yamaryuu. It is smaller than Northern Ice, but bears the same types of creatures. It has no snow on it, but this isle is made of pure ice.
Climate
Southern Ice is the same as Northern Ice in climate.
Disaster Rate
Southern Ice has about the same disaster rates of Northern Ice.

I hoped you enjoyed my 1,348-word-long post! Metallic Deoxys out!~

Ha! I posted this thread on more than one forum! So, it returns.

---

.... And that as a God or Goddess, you are able to and wish to create a world. What exactly would this world you create be like? Would it be teeming with life or just be a barren waste-land? Well, I won't know until you explain. That is, if you wish to. Don't see why you wouldn't, it's fairly interesting to think of things like this. Hence the reason I've posted this.

The world I would make.... Hmm. It would be diverse in its landscape. Having the same thing covering an entire planet would be kind of boring. Plus, I'd like to observe how creatures would adapt to these different landscapes. There would also be no sentient life. By that, I mean nothing as smart as humans are. But along with a various assortment of creatures (basically almost everything that is already found on Earth), there will be dragons. All kinds of dragons. Big, small, green, white, majestic, hideous, and everything else you can think of. Besides, me making a world and not putting dragons in it would be crazy. I would find myself constantly observing everything that happens as each year passes by. Of course, I would throw disasters at certain parts of the world to see how everything would react to it. But I don't think I'd ever attempt killing off everything or almost everything on the entire planet.

So, have at it.

The pokemon world. That's what I'd make. From the barren Orre to the lush grasslands of Johto to the waterways of Hoen and the mountains of Sinnoh...

Back
Top Bottom