• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best and worst names for Pokemon?

hmmmm the name i always liked the best was feraligatr.................it's just so awesome..............least favourite? i dunno, probably........magneton......yeah i dunno why i just don't like it.....
meh~

I have to say the best Pokemon name is Wooper, purely for the fact that it's so much fun to say it's name like the pokemon does. XD Woo-pah!
The worst? I'm up between Hippopotas and Seel. It just doesn't seem like they cared when naming those guys. >>

Favourite? Kangaskhan. It would be a wholesome sight to see a giant kangaroo going around and pillaging everything in sight.

Least favourite? Kangaskhan. It would be ridiculous to see a giant kangaroo going around and pillaging everything in sight.

The only one that bothers me is Ninetales, because they wasted a perfectly good opportunity to play with the words 'kitsune' and 'fox'.

I may have to quote my friend here, who hasn't kept up-to-date with Pokemon since Gen III and was looking through my Pearl PC Boxes:

"Buneary. BUNEARY? Because it's a BUNNY and has EARS?"

I have to say I really like Meganium and Tropius just because my friends and I can't agree on how they're supposed to be pronounced (Muh-GAY-nee-um, MegANN-ee-um, Meg-uh-NEE-um; Tro-PYE-us, TRO-pee-us, TROPE-ee-us). Good times.

One of my favorites is Illumise.(Isn't it just fun to say?) Alakazam is cool, too. It just like so magical. I likes it.
The only one I dont like is Spinda. Whenever I say it I sound stupid. think about it. It's spin-DA. Say it with the right noise at the end and you just sound stupid.

Seel is just so uncreative. I kind of like Bagon, but I can't help but think about breakfast.

On the flipside, Pikachu and Girafarig are both really cool names. =>

I don't know why. I don't know why. I don't know why I just didn't copy the first sentence and paste it again. But, what I want to say is, I don't know why I kept giggling while reading through the whole topic.

Anwayz,
(Some) Worst names:
Ninetales, for zero creativity
Mankey, :(
Zigzagoon, straightlineoon, verticaloon, yadda they don't make any sense
Tangrowth, Tangela sounds better, but Tangrowth???
Regigigas, May the world explode the day I pronounce it right

(Some) best names:
Poliwag, I love to say it fast, over and over and over...
Zoroark, nice word, and fun to say

More soon, probably...

Best: Giratina. Yay.

Worst: Hoenn weather trio. The debate about Kyogre's pronunciation (I used to be on the kai-oh-gree side, but most people say kai-oh-ger, so I had to cross over to a avoid looking like an idiot) is irritating - not to mention the whole Rai-qwah-zuh/Rai-qway-zuh thing. Besides, Groudon is just ground with an extra o and some rearranging.

I like Gastrodon, Beautifly, and have always thought Ludicolo was amazing. Least favorite, Rattata. It is weird to say and I hate how that Pokemon looks.
________
FREYAA LIVE

Last edited:
Ninetales is rather uninspired, seeing as Kitsunine would have worked much better.

Mime Jr. isn't as stupid as you think: remember that Mr. Mime was uninspired as well, and the names fit together. If Mr. Mime had a decent name, then Mime Jr. would be plain outright intolerable, but he doesn't.

Bonsly and Sudowoodo have pretty witty names, imo.

Back
Top Bottom