• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is there going to be a Generation V?

Do you think there will be Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 117 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
I don't see why not, but they're really running out of ideas. I mean they've used every element, dreams, human emotions, space and time, god, aliens, most well-known animals and even kitchen appliances.

I dunno, I think in gen 5 the pokemon will be a little pathetic. 'Fluff, the pillow Pokemon!' 'Shlamp, the lampshade Pokemon!' 'Kule, the molecule Pokemon!'

I certainly hope that there are not any more games in the main line, and if it is necessary, then I do not want any more Pokemon.

I really, really want a remake of G/S/C though.
G/S/C was my favorite series. A remake couldn't not be good, unless they end up adding/subtracting too many things to/from it.

^ Or unless they make it play exactly like Gold and Silver. I'm not saying it wasn't good but if they keep your options limited and no replay value like they did with FR and LG then it's time for them to get hit over the head.

^ Oh, God no. GSC were fantastic, but it was phenomenally hard to train to high levels in the game, since the E4 were stupidly low-levelled. If they remade it, they should make Kanto a lot more interesting, I reckon. Getting to revisit it was fun, but once you've beaten all the gym leaders there, nobody really went back there, did they?

Obviously they shouldn't change too much, but I think most people were irritated at how easy the Kanto gym leaders and how low-levelled the E4 were.

It's stupid...I wrote this long and complicated response and agreeing with Dannichu and some of these ideas and I think I pushed something and the browser went back...and now I can't be bothered with all that.

I agree with Dannichu. Maybe they should get rid of Kanto and make heaps of side-quests, battle frontier etc because of FRLG being Kanto. There should be VS Seeker and some other things.

A very quick overview of what I typed before...

I wouldn't mind a fifth generation; I just really don't want pokémon to have crappy designs again. Sinnoh was, in terms of pokémon design, the worst imo.

They should have a G/S/C remake with higher levels. However, they really need a new area (like the Sevii Islands were to FR/LG). Many new side quests (just two in the Sevii Islands weren't enough to be honest) would make me happy. The Battle Tower near Olivine should also totally be redone (or moved, too, if the renovations take up too much space) into a Battle Frontier. Just a Battle Tower is boring (and is the reason I am both playing Emerald again and eagerly awaiting Platinum).

There is totaly going to be a fifth generation. Pokemon is a cash cow, regardless of if the fifth gen. sucks or not people are still going to buy it. It's like a bad movie fans have ties to, even though it sucks people will still see it.
However, I do think they will try to make it good. This is what I think they should do to make it awesome.
1. They won't be able to make a game for ALL of the regions due to the technology of the DS, they just can't. SO...I think the next region should either be a dark tropical region, kind of south-american like or....the orange islands.
Come on, everybody can't tell me that they wouldn't love to have an orange islands game, it'd be so much fun.
2. Now the theme of the south-american like region should be ghosts, dark, and .... light pokemon. They should create light type pokemon - strong against and dark, weak against ghost. Right now, I would say togepi, togetic, togekiss would be light type for sure.
3. The orange islands should be themed - water, fire, grass. Go back to the basics you know? Nintendo is spending so much time trying to create these instense new attacks and forms and kinda sucking in the process. Go back to the basics and make combos like water/grass, fire/water, grass/fire, water/electric, fire/steel, grass/flying. It'd be great.
4. The starters should be a water bear(a panda) that evolves to water/dark. There should be a fire frog that evolves into a fire/light. There should be a grass bird (a puffin like bird) that evovles into a grass/ghost. This works out perfectly because that means that each of the pokemon have a weakness that counteracts one another. The water panda is strong against the fire frog but the frogs light can battle the dark and the frog is strong against the bird but the bird's ghost can go against the light and then the grass can fight the water but dark can take ghost.
5. The plot should change a little. Instead of just being..oooh hey go to his gym then that gym then ooh wow some new evil team is trying to find some legendary invincible pokemon, but oh they overestimated it. I have to stop it. Oh ok i just stopped an invincible pokemon I guess i have to go get my two other badges and beat the elite four. YAY now the battle frontier.
No... it needs to change. I'd suggest team rocket comes back. They were the only ones that were actually convincing. I mean Giovanni was so wicked. Have them come back and have their big grand supreme scheme involve taking out the Elite Four with their legendery pokemon. That's right they will completely dominate whatever legend it is. You beat them save the day!
Now they also need to have little battle tournaments in between every other gym, or have more super contests, or a training school, that actually takes you aside for a while and has you compete with other characeters.
6. New pokemon that work. Some are just getting lame. Dunsparce? Shuckle? what? I know in competitive battle shuckle is cool and all but in game it's pointless.
7. Evo's - pinsir, jynx, dunsparce, quilfish, relicanth, sabley, tropius, kangaskhan, fearow, tauros, swellow,starmie etc..
8. I don't know about the rest of you but having to find an item attach it to a pokemon and trade to get it to evolve is really tedious and annoying. I know they were trying to push the wi-fi system but it just angers me that I can't get a scizor without trading someone.
9. Gyms
1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Ground
4.Dragon
5.Bug
6.Electric
7.Dark
8.Light
10. Legends -
Roamers - dark/light/ghost bears
Legends - bug/ice bug/water.
11.Elite Four
1.Steel/psychic
2.Poison/water
3.grass/electric
4.Ghost/Light
Having the elite four contain two types of pokemon makes everything so interesting and much more challenging.

Now the Final member of the elite four should be your buddy, ya know like in R/B/Y.

12. After the elite four is finished you should be able to travel to Johto not hoen, or sinoh, or kanto. Just Johto.

That's my opinion on how matters should be handled. :sunglasses:

I honest to god want this to be the last generation. Then they can go off and do something original with the 600 or so goddamn creatures they've been slowly generating over the last decade. That way it won't get boring nor will it kill a franchise.

yes. there will be a generation fucking VIII generations because nintendo is a company. companies will do anything for money and dont care about the target audience. they shall continue pumping out games until they go bankrupt or rot.

I really want a Generation V, but I don't want any new Pokemon lines. Just freaking evolve the ones that aren't competitively viable that don't already have 3 stages.

It's highly doubtful they will make a new type, though. They only added Dark and Steel to counterbalance the overpoweredness of Psychic (And possibly some other types), and the types as they are seem pretty spot-on. They have no reason to make new types.

i almost want to say this is a rhetorical question.

i imagine there will be another generation. i'm kind of excited for it actually; while d/p were initially disappointing, my opinion of it improved after some playtime.

Well ive seen a youtube video with artwork depicting new pokemon (looks authentic enough), so i'd say yes. That and the designs dont look fanmade (I saw a rocket crab...thing or w/e)

Generation V.....that's something to think about. Yes, they probably will, and Nintendo's probably already developing new Pokemon right about now. Of course if they are planning something, it probably isn't going to come out until a year or so later.

Concerning the topic of fanmade pokemon:

Stage_2_Eevee_Evos_by_Keaton_Chan1.jpg

...This is more quality than some of the ones they've already come out with. In case anyone can't tell, they're evolutions of Espeon and Umbreon.

Which brings up another side topic: Should they evolve the eeveelutions rather than making new ones?

I've seen much better Fakemon before. Honestly we don't need eevelution evos, because that would be pointless. They're fine as they are, and I'd barf if that Espeon evo was a real Pokemon.

Yes. There has to be, for a couple reasons. First of all, there's the fact there it's almost 100% that there will be G/S remakes. If Game Freak suddenly busts out a Generation II remake, what would be the point in stopping there? Also, there the fact that the fans would give the comany a whole lot of hell if they stopped Pokemon. And finally, there is still a lot they can do with the series, leaving little reason to stop.

^ Or unless they make it play exactly like Gold and Silver. I'm not saying it wasn't good but if they keep your options limited and no replay value like they did with FR and LG then it's time for them to get hit over the head.
Ho-oh Lugia ...Pokemon Gold and Silver were the first Pokemon games i really ACTUALLY played...before , i just had red and yellow and green and i just kinda messed around, silver , i actually beat the game :) so i kinda hope they make a remake, and i kinda hope they make a generation V lets just not forget that they have used ...pretty much all they can do...as someone said before ^^ up there some where.. " Shlade the lampshade pokemon and Fluff the pillow pokemon...those were probably Nintendo's last options and they just read this post *nintendo man voice* Damnit!

Back
Top Bottom