• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How to Make a Man Ou of a Boy (Repost from the pre-forum crash days)

Um; hi.

Has anyone ever considered writing this guy an e-mail or something. I mean think, this guy is praticlly abusing his kid, feeding him ridiculous ideas, and we just sit her and talk about how unfair it is? And it is unfair, ridculously so! But don't you think we should do something? I mean, being honest, we probably won't change this guy's mind. But at least we can say we tried! We give a damn! Honestly people, if you care, do something!

Granted, his kid is probably grown up by now. But he's telling this thousands, possibly millions of others, and to, I'm sure his word is law. People, how does this person not tick you off?

Please, just try, for other's sake. I know almost all of you can articulate yourself better than I, but need be, I'll do it myself.

At any rate, look at it this way: His responses are bound to be resolutely hilareous.

</hopefullymotivatinalspeech>

4. Make him fulfill all obligations. When my boy was three and four years of age I started teaching him to pay his bills promptly and to fulfill his obligations completely.
First: Do you mean "seven", "thirty-four", "three", "four", "three and a half", or "no more than four" years of age? One cannot be both three years of age and four years of age at once.
Second: Assuming that this doesn't mean thirty-four, what kind of bills are your kids running up!?

Also it would have been nice if after the events given as example in eleven took place, the guy what called Linda a bad name died from blood loss or something and David was put in jail for aggravated assault and manslaughter. Ought to teach him that in most civilized nations, 'doing the right thing' doesn't mean beating up everyone who makes you upset or disagrees with you.

Last edited:
First: Do you mean "seven", "thirty-four", "three", "four", "three and a half", or "no more than four" years of age? One cannot be both three years of age and four years of age at once.

I do believe he meant "While he was three, and also when he was four." But I am not him (praise to the powers that be), so I can't be positive.

This is oppressive to both sexes, horribly "STRAIGHT CHRISTIAN BOYS ARE THE ONLY GOOD PEOPLE ON THE PLANET", and just... ugh. Can't believe I read all that a second time.

If you need to make a man out of a boy, I'd just call this guy

(I have nothing to add to this topic that I didn't say a few years ago)

Has anyone ever considered writing this guy an e-mail or something. I mean think, this guy is praticlly abusing his kid, feeding him ridiculous ideas, and we just sit her and talk about how unfair it is? And it is unfair, ridculously so! But don't you think we should do something? I mean, being honest, we probably won't change this guy's mind. But at least we can say we tried! We give a damn! Honestly people, if you care, do something!

um, it's not that big of a deal? this article isn't that over the top, i'd say a good 50% of americans would agree with all or most of the statements made here. the only other article i read by him on the site was the "how to make a lady out of a girl" which is like 30 times more horrible and sexist, but even then he's really not the only one that thinks this way.

edit: i just looked at the website again and he died eight years ago, SO

The advice varies and is sometimes good but the mentality that the goal here is to ~be a man~ is disgusting. Discrimination towards both sexes at once! Fantastic.

This. Any point this guy makes that could be potentially good is still utter rubbish because it's so wrapped up in utter misogyny.

According to my dad, making a man outta a boy means taking them out on canoe trips into the scary forest.

Back
Top Bottom