• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Game Corner

I prefer having it mostly skill and partially luck based than completely luck based, that's for sure. Though like pretty much everyone else I'd like to be able to buy coins too.

I have several Porygon and a Mr. Mime in Diamond, Ekans and Sandshrew are common, and I've already collected an army of Dratini from the Pokewalker. And I don't use TMs.

But I want to learn how to play this game, argh.

My current strategy is to reset until I get some rows with zero Voltorbs and a row of three. Usually the three crosses over with a row of zero and then I only have to guess one time and I have a 25% chance of success and then I can quit with a few coins sometimes. Great.

I keep hearing people say to click where the two highest numbers cross, but I keep doing that and sometimes it's a Voltorb and sometimes not so that hardly helps.

And apparently you're supposed to pick rows with five Voltorbs, but since there's no such thing as a row with five Voltorbs here...

I just made a Voltorb Flip guide. This game really, really, really isn't mostly luck, people.

I realize this, I just don't like how near the end of the round, or at some point in the round, you will likely have to make a decision between a few spots that have the same chance of being a voltorb. And if you get it wrong, you may have to start at the beginning level all over. When I'm playing, that just frustrates me to no end. The dropping of levels bothers me. It wasn't like that in the slots.

The dropping of levels bothers me.
If you didn't drop levels, wouldn't you just get stuck at a high level where you couldn't make points anymore?

I just made a Voltorb Flip guide. This game really, really, really isn't mostly luck, people.

I made it to level four!!

I think I can get farther than that later, I'm just having some trouble processing all of the guide at once.

The game is so much more fun when you understand what's going on.

I actually completed level 7 for the first time last night. :o I would always get up to it and then almost immediately click a Voltorb in lieu of better things to click (no anything/0s or 0/5). Then when I got to level 7 there was an 8/0 row so I clicked that and the rest of the game ended up being easy. :p

If you didn't drop levels, wouldn't you just get stuck at a high level where you couldn't make points anymore?

I don't know, I'm simply stating that I would like it more if there were no levels and it stayed at a medium difficulty and payout. Or even a random one.

I... just discovered that there's a limit on how many coins you're allowed to have: 50,000. I wasn't allowed to play the game after that, so I went and bought one of each TM and now I only have 8,000 so I can play just fine. But I did not know there was a max number. o.O (Well, okay, I guess there has to be, but I think I automatically assumed it'd be over 50,000. Maybe 100,000 or something.

Made it to level five and pretty quickly got enough for a Dratini, not that I need it. I mean, I guess I could buy one, but I already have a lot of them. There's not infinite box space, but I assume there's infinite inventory space and I might start using TMs if I can just get them right here.

The coin limit is weird... What kind of random number is fifty thousand? O_o
I heard there's another game corner in Kanto, do you suppose someone there might give you a bigger coin case?

I don't know, I'm simply stating that I would like it more if there were no levels and it stayed at a medium difficulty and payout. Or even a random one.

I think the levels make it interesting. I guess it can be frustrating to be sent back to level one, but it's not too horrible to get back up to to where you can make coins again, is it?

I think the levels make it interesting. I guess it can be frustrating to be sent back to level one, but it's not too horrible to get back up to to where you can make coins again, is it?
I just wish it saved your level after leaving so that you take breaks after a while without being sent back to level one. :/

I... just discovered that there's a limit on how many coins you're allowed to have: 50,000. I wasn't allowed to play the game after that, so I went and bought one of each TM and now I only have 8,000 so I can play just fine. But I did not know there was a max number. o.O (Well, okay, I guess there has to be, but I think I automatically assumed it'd be over 50,000. Maybe 100,000 or something.

presumably it's a random non-random-looking number.

2^16 = 65536 and people, for some reason, like fives better than sixes.

I'd rather have max of 65535, but I guess you take what you're dealt.

I just wish it saved your level after leaving so that you take breaks after a while without being sent back to level one. :/

Oh, no arguments there.

I'm back at level one now because I wanted to go visit the Pokeathlon shop for the new items. Oh well, I guess.

Whaaaat the fuck. My mom just beat a level 5 Voltorb Flip and advanced to level 8.

There is no level 8. I once stayed up late playing the game to make sure there was no level higher than 7, and there wasn't. And how do you advance to level 8 from 5.

(we were in the Celadon Game Corner though, maybe that had something to do with it.)

Back
Top Bottom