• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you check TCoDF more than regular social networking sites?

Do you check the forums more than social networking sites?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
I'm probably on Twitter more than here overall when nothing much is going on here, since then I'm just refreshing the forums every now and then and moving on. But I'm very seldom on Facebook and don't really do any other social networking at all, since for the most part I can't stand it.

I don't want to be "that person" but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same. We're just ... older.

Not really. The one thing I stayed on here for is gone, the forum is filled with little kids and all the good people are slowly leaving.

Not really. The one thing I stayed on here for is gone, the forum is filled with little kids and all the good people are slowly leaving.
90% of the good people left years ago man

in answer to thread title: i am twitter for literally every moment i am on the internet, and tumblr almost as much, so no
probably on tcod more than facebook though cuz facebook is pants and annoys me.

I personally dislike Facebook and Twitter. I check Furry4Life on occasion, but I do more on forums than I do on Social Networks.

People saying this always feels so elitist and alienating :(

Yeah, pretty much this! >:[ Especially because well, I guess I never was around during the ~glory days of old TCoD~; say what you want about how inactive it is here or whatever other complaint you may have, but blanket statements about how the members are garbage! * here just makes me, at least, feel really awful.

* meant to be read in Sho Minamimoto's voice

In any case. I check tumblr more often than I go here, but TCoD's probably my second site? ... There's not a lot to compete for, though; I'm not active in very many places at all. My little bubble of internet is very small.

Facebook > Gmail > TCoDf > YouTube > MSPA > TCoD > Serebii > Bulbapedia

...that's basically my order when I get bored.

Eh, half the people I talked to/are on my friends list did in fact leave years ago (and now no one knows who I am b/c flaming inactivity). There are some cool people still here, though! There are some really great people here, there's just.. fewer people in general???? yes

I check VK more than Facebook...

As for TCOD, about equal with Facebook. I don't use either that much, although I have recently been able to warm up to Facebook a bit after I removed a lot of people from showing up in my news feed.

TCoD > Gmail > college email > Wands and Worlds > Warrior's Wish > my best friend's tumblr > the other tumblrs I follow > Butterfree's and lackadaisycats' Twitter accounts.

Noctowl said:

I can definitely see what you mean by that. From my experience on another forum that I frequent on more than here, it seemed like, I don't know, 4/5 of the active members on that site were just ten-year-olds who spammed constantly and just didn't listen to reason. But I still stay on that site because the remaining 1/5 make the site for what it is.

I know TCoD is riddled with little kids, but there are still some of the veterans here. You still have people to look up to, albeit a fewer amount, and they're still here because they truly care about this forum. And, who knows, there might be some of those little kids who look up to you, the same as you looked up to the good people.

As for the topic at hand, I check here more often than Facebook and Twitter, definitely. Hell, I think I only checked Twitter twice, and Facebook once every other week.

Back
Top Bottom