• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Two Mafia Mafia

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
This is a semi-experimental but hopefully not too unbalanced game for 10 players. Rather than the typical setup of mafia, innocent, and possibly one or two third party roles, there are 2 mafia factions that aren't aware of each other (the Vampires and Werewolves) and 1 innocent faction (the Town).

The setup, taken from here, is as follows:
  • 2 Vampire Goons: either goon may perform a nightly factional kill. Can communicate with each other, but do not know who the Werewolves are.
  • 2 Werewolf Goons: either goon may perform a nightly factional kill. Can communicate with each other, but do not know who the Vampires are.
  • 1 Town Jailor: each night, blocks all actions performed by and on their target.
  • 1 Town Bat Hunter: each night, learns whether their target is Vampire or Not Vampire (i.e., Werewolf or Town.)
  • 1 Town Wolf Hunter: each night, learns whether their target is Werewolf or Not Werewolf (i.e., Vampire or Town.)
  • 3 Vanilla Townies: no night actions.
The Town wins when all living players are Town, and each mafia wins when their faction holds a majority among living players or nothing can prevent that from happening. If only one Vampire and one Werewolf are alive at the start of a phase, the game will end in a draw. Other than that, pretty standard rules: 48-hour nights and 72-hour days, no out-of-thread communication among Town, no posting during the night or when dead, no abstain limits, no posting screenshots of game-related PMs or the like. As a note, there also probably won't be much flavor.

The game will start a little bit after ASB Halloween Mafia wraps up, or when there are enough players. Have at it!

Alright, that's 10 people, so the game will start a day or two after ASB Halloween Mafia's over. Thanks for signing up, everyone!

edit: Role PMs'll be going out tomorrow.

edit 2: Okay, all the role PMs should be sent out - let me know if you didn't get yours. Here's the game thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom