• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I heard there's a rumor that Claydol is getting an evolution but gdi I hate when people don't cite their rumors at all and just say "I heard that rumor about Claydol getting an evolution so here's a fakemon design" Oh? "that" rumor? What rumor?? aaaghwhere do you people go to read this stuff I love rumor mill type stuff but serebii is better about that these days and pokebeach just doesn't

edit it's that claydol evo fakemon design I was talking about

edit edit oh I found it check it
pokemon_xy_pokedex.png
omg that's later this week I'm psyched about some of these
but at the same type not. sylveon normal?? If that "female only" thing is true, that "bouson" thing right under it better be the male counterpart to bring the gimmick full circle. Also it's thought sylveon evolves from eevee through some new "bonding' system

Last edited:
Houndoomed breaks character limit.

You'd think people'd be aware of that one.

I'm also skeptical of the Throh/Sawk evolutions (really, right after their premier generation? why not just release them in Gen V then?) and of how may dragons there are. Also, Bouson doesn't end with 'eon'.

laughing my mule off at 'Dogsnout' and 'Snomanitan'

Houndoomed breaks character limit.

You'd think people'd be aware of that one.

It could be a prototype name or something or they're extending the character limit

Or it could be BS. I totally forgot about character limits. we'll know for sure in about a week when that reveal of the baby bugs happens or doesn't. but I want the clover dragons to happen so bad i could cry

re: sawk/throh evolutions: gen II had stuff that evolved from gen I Pokemon. gen IV had lots of stuff that evolved from gen III Pokemon. In fact, gen IV had Pokemon that were going to be in gen III and had a sprite and cry and all (shellos + gastrodon) but were held back until gen IV. It's not that weird
Also bouson could be a typo, iirc you can't edit posts on most image boards like that

Last edited:
It could be a prototype name or something or they're extending the character limit

Or it could be BS. I totally forgot about character limits. we'll know for sure in about a week when that reveal of the baby bugs happens or doesn't. but I want the clover dragons to happen so bad i could cry

re: sawk/throh evolutions: gen II had stuff that evolved from gen I Pokemon. gen IV had lots of stuff that evolved from gen III Pokemon. It's not that weird
It could! And I like most of the names there, so it'd be nice if it wasn't BS, but the fact that one of the names breaks character limit leads me to think it's fake. That and that at least one person loses their job over Pokémon leaks every generation, and it feels a bit early for that to happen.

...it doesn't break character limit? I thought it looked kinda long at first as well, but no, it's ten characters: h1-o2-u3-n4-d5-o6-o7-m8-e9-d10. It'd break if the first "d" were doubled, but as is it's fine.

I'm more in the camp of "I just don't think they'd name a houndoom evo that", really. Some of them sound like they might be interesting, though, so while I don't put much stock in this it might be kind of cool if it were real!

The only reason I think this is fake is because I think (from scanning over it) someone went out of their way to use all of the unused type combinations, some of which sound very hard to incorporate because of how conflicting they are. (eg fire-ice and fire-water)

It would be really cool if this were true, but I don't think it is.

A fire/ice Pokemon could have something to do with those... hot springs in cold mountains? Where those fuzzy white monkeys hang out?? (where is that, what are those) I'm assuming Darmanitan is related to this "Snomanitan" thing, and they're primates, and... hot spring primates yes. Fire/water could be some tropical something-- I was just telling my boyfriend earlier today about the very tropical jungle island in FFXI that was home to Leviathan and Ifrit, because of like... the heat and extreme moisture... Cocojoe and Cocomando, the grass/fire ones, make me think of bomb-throwing coconut trees. Which would be hilariously awesome.

If these aren't real I want to come up with designs to go with some of these names and types. I'm really digging some of these

Last edited:
Chryscross and Buggler are the supposed Pinsir and Heracross babies, that are supposedly going to be revealed around the 15th, as the image says

I'm assuming Scimincer is a baby Scyther. I bet it'd be cuuuuute (but not as cute as the clover dragons)

re: sawk/throh evolutions: gen II had stuff that evolved from gen I Pokemon. gen IV had lots of stuff that evolved from gen III Pokemon.

If by "lots", you mean "four" (and two of them were branched evos).

Throh/Sawk evos seem weird because they're BST 465. Magneton got an evolution, I suppose, but it's not a basic, either.

Throh/Sawk evos seem weird because they're BST 465. Magneton got an evolution, I suppose, but it's not a basic, either.

Maybe they could pull a Scizor and have the evolutions have the same BST, except differently arranged?

I saw the picture with all the supposed Gen VI names a week or two ago, and most of them sound like something a ten year old slapped together out of two words. Sure, a few are clever and nice sounding (Fennerva is one I really like), but the others... ugh. Really, Toilelite, Skieet, Ramzeez? Game Freak would at least be a bit more creative than that.

I do like the trio Idom, Egom, and Supregom. You know, because it's named after the Id, Ego, and Superego.

My housemate said she'd read somewhere (and now I feel like the time I was in primary school and someone told me to get Mew by using Strength on the SS Anne truck) that Sylveon was Flying-type and female-only. Not a clue where she read it, though.

Did she also mention a Torkoal evolution? She might have been referring to these supposed leaks. At least that's what I was referring to.

What's funny is that I had a dream where the fakes were disproven last night. www

Still, it was kinda obvious. I've seem Houndoomed, for example, as a Fakèmon tons.

Back
Top Bottom