• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Relationship!

no offense (wo)man but that was offensive yo

I didn't rat him out, actually, I think he told our mom by himself. I just wouldn't let his do something she told him not to like that.

No, seriously, Blastoise, you're being a bit of a jerk. You're only being a "responsible brother" if you're actually, you know, protecting him or helping him in some way. I mean, what's going to happen? You talk to people online frequently; you of all people should know that it doesn't necessarily end up with anyone getting killed, kidnapped or raped.

Your mom is only trying to protect you! Can't you see that Mewtwo is really a lying stalker? Who has the name Mystari anyway? Furthermore, "her" threads about depression are just some attempt to suck in a nice, innocent boy. After all, nobody who's thirteen can make an RP that good! Duuu-uh!

/sarcasm

My mom says I'm not allowed to PM her or anything because her name is Mystari which my mom finds suspicious.

by this reasoning, you should never talk to black people because they might have names like Winston which people might find suspicious

wait...Blastoise, does your mom know about youxflora?

that's a joke

No, seriously, Blastoise, you're being a bit of a jerk. You're only being a "responsible brother" if you're actually, you know, protecting him or helping him in some way. I mean, what's going to happen? You talk to people online frequently; you of all people should know that it doesn't necessarily end up with anyone getting killed, kidnapped or raped.

I know that, but my mother (understandably) does not understand dating someone you have never and may never meet outside of the internet. (I'm not going to get into an argument about internet-based romance, hopefully, since I really have no opinion on it) Nor does she know much about any of you at all.

And keeping him from flippantly disobeying our mother's wishes is protecting him.

Your mom is only trying to protect you! Can't you see that Mewtwo is really a lying stalker? Who has the name Mystari anyway? Furthermore, "her" threads about depression are just some attempt to suck in a nice, innocent boy. After all, nobody who's thirteen can make an RP that good! Duuu-uh!

/sarcasm

Well it's not as if she reads the forums, and it's not as if she automatically assumes that she's a dirty pedophile. My mom is ~90% sure that Mewtwo's a perfectly nice girl, but 10% is a pretty large percentage to bet your son's safety on, from her POV.

Lorem Ipsum said:
by this reasoning, you should never talk to black people because they might have names like Winston which people might find suspicious

I'm not saying that it's a valid point, unique names do happen. It's just what my mom says (and she only brought it up like, once in passing)

and Winston is a pretty common name

How exactly is her son's safety compromised? Is he going to get internet gonorrhea from all the cybersex or something?

I have to agree with MD here; there is very unlikely to be a real danger going on if he's not going like "HEY THIS IS WHERE I LIVE" (not that it isn't silly for online predators to bother to talk to kids living several states away to find out where they live when they could just go for somebody living in their neighborhood, but I guess supposedly it happens so whatever) and realizes that in the unlikely case she starts saying something creepy or uncomfortable he can just stop talking to her and leave and tell someone about it.

Back
Top Bottom