• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The art of Wildstyle - criticism welcome

Wildstyle

The Purple One
Hey everyone!

Well this I believe is where I'll be posting artworks for you all to view.
I'll happily take any criticism (I have many about my on artworks) as I want to get better at what I do.

I paint and draw. Print making and sculpting are part of school work in my art elective. I'll get some pictures of those works when I get them back (the clay is still drying out over the holidays and is going to be fired soon)

I won't be posting these in order but in basic categories.

You can find other art works I haven't posted on here yet on my Deviant Art Page

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manga drawings:

Love Symbol

The Shy one

These two are of my friends. The top one we we're close and she ended up hurting me a lot (we we're never a couple but she hurt me) the other is the girl who asked for the picture of her horse.

People:

Stevie Wonder

Jenna McDougall A request from another close friend. Who I asked out on Monday. we're now a couple and she's going to hang this on her wall. :love:

Prince from the Purple Rain era Please note I used a picture that only showed the top half of his body and half the guitar...hence the proportions being completely out and the picture looking bad :(

Random eye

Paintings:

The Band A still life I had to paint for school. I was going to paint my study with the computer setup and guitar but on the day I was going to start I decided to grab pictures of my instruments and draw straight onto canvas and draw them. Because of this I got marked down because I hadn't planned properly.

Animals:

Ringo at Darkes This was a request from a close friend of mine. The horse is hers.

Cars:
Nissan R34 GTR

Plants:
Flowers For my Girlfriend :love:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
prince-love-symbol.jpg

Last edited:
The Shy One is very cute :3 However, for the horse, either its legs are too short or its head too big. Overall, though, your art is great!

I lightly shade areas with my F grade pencil then rub it into and across the paper with my fingers. I then go over then with softer grades of pencil till I get the desired shade.

Thank you for the comment and watch :)

Back
Top Bottom