• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Most of the mega forms are 100% unnecessary, so asking 'why' is as redundant as they are. Aggron, manectric, absol and houndoom can use a boost, sure, but the rest?? Really? They were clearly given to already-popular mons just because they're liked, not to help elevate underpowered mons. (Since even the weaker pokes that got megas are pretty popular.)

I don't think they're really thinking 'this will break the metagame', they're just thinking 'people love this pokemon! let's make it stronger!'.

I am still waiting for mega dunsparce. :(

There's a really easy way to ev train now-if you have a Pokemon with a multitarget move, and give it pokerus and the corresponding power item, and fight in a horde battle, you can gain 50 evs in a stat for the one battle, as long as all the Pokemon you defeat give the same evs.

Also I have pokerus (or will in a couple days), so I can help spread it too.

Ah yes, I have been using that technique. Makes getting ev pokemon so much easier. :p

So has anyone else seen this and this? A friend who normally keeps me up to date on these things sent me these. He's normally trustworthy too, so. Thoughts?

Also, why? Soul Dew is already a thing, and it's banned even in official tournaments and the battle subway. They really don't need anything else! Even moreso than Garchomp or Lucario or Gengar, because they already have exclusive items that make them extremely broken.

It's quite possible that the Soul Dew is the mega stone.

So has anyone else seen this and this? A friend who normally keeps me up to date on these things sent me these. He's normally trustworthy too, so. Thoughts?
They're legit; I've seen them requested on GTS, and you can only request real Pokémon. Not sure how they were encountered, though.

Does anyone want a shiny female Goldeen?
I was trying to chain fish for a shiny Carvanha, and instead got two of those, so... :U
EDIT: MAKE THAT THREE
this one's a male and I'm keeping it, so now I'm offering two (2) shiny Goldeens! How cool is that.

I'd prefer a shiny 'mon in return, so in case you have unwanted/double shinies, feel free to message me!
(It's in a Premier Ball and I can nickname it whatever you'd like, maybe even throw in a berry or something for it to hold)

Last edited:
Sure. FC please. My 3DS FC is: 2509 1756 5373. I will be on late tomorrow night as I have church tomorrow. After that sure XD.:)

Does anyone want a shiny female Goldeen?
I was trying to chain fish for a shiny Carvanha, and instead got two of those, so... :U
EDIT: MAKE THAT THREE
this one's a male and I'm keeping it, so now I'm offering two (2) shiny Goldeens! How cool is that.

I'd prefer a shiny 'mon in return, so in case you have unwanted/double shinies, feel free to message me!
(It's in a Premier Ball and I can nickname it whatever you'd like, maybe even throw in a berry or something for it to hold)
I would ///love/// a goldeen, but I don't have any shinies to offer myself. :( I spent three hours attempting to chain fish last week before I learned that it doesn't even work until you talk to the fisherman that tells you about it??? Augh.

In any case, instacheck is a thing that people should use, I suppose. My shiny I.D. is 2865, and I'd hatch whatever for you??? Making a list of our own would be helpful.

What Vivillon patterns do you guys have natively in your games?

I'm trying to collect all the different ones, and now I only need Archipelago, Sandstorm, River, Savanna, Ocean and Jungle.
If any of you guys have those, please notify me! C:

My game has the Icysnow pattern (white with light grey spots).
I recently acquired a safari with Vivillons in it, so if anyone needs an Icysnow one, I'll be glad to help.

EDIT: I would also like another Monsoon patterned Vivillon since I had to trade mine to get the Ocean one.

Here's a handy spreadsheet that shows what Vivillon patterns can be found where.

EDIT2: I managed to complete my collection! C:
So, I have no pressing need for different Vivillons anymore. :P

Last edited:
When an egg is made it has this shiny egg value. You have this hidden code. When the hidden code matches the shiny egg value, the egg is shiny.

I don't like this way. Its just a little too cheatsy for me. I like my shinies to be a surprise...like my shiny maril.

Back
Top Bottom