• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My life the past 3 years

Zeph

from up here the sky is my thoughts
Pronoun
he
I'm unsure if anyone will be terribly interested in this, and also whether or not this is a good place to put it, but it's generally positive so why the hell not.

I vanished from the forum about 3 years ago - well, I stopped posting frequently in any case. That was around the same time I started going to uni, and also fell in love. Everything was pretty good, pretty much, though I always felt regret at kind of leaving my internet friends in the dust, with regard to a few particular individuals, who will probably know who they are if they see this. Sorry, kids.

At the start of my second year of uni, I ended up getting engaged. That was exciting, and kind of secured me a... secure future.

Come third year, i.e. this year - in the UK, if you study modern languages like me, your third year has to be spent abroad in the countries of the languages you study. So I was in France first semester, in a tiny, boring city called Valenciennes that nobody has/needs to have heard of, and now I'm in Utrecht in the Netherlands, which, contrastingly, is the most wonderful place in the world and I'll probably end up living here, I think.

I've also particularly discovered in the past few years my absolute love for all things languages/linguistics. Besides my study of French, Dutch, Italian and Latin, I've also been learning on-and-off Swedish and Greek (properly this time, for those of you who remember obnoxious-14-15-year-old-me), and bits of pretty much every other language I can. I also find the science of linguistics so interesting, particularly etymology, language history and sociolinguistics. I'm doing a bit sociolinguistics research project this summer, and if I get picked, I'll be sponsored £1080 for it, which is pretty nice.

I'm also very recently newly-single, so my future is once more in relative disarray in that sense. It wasn't really that huge or sad a break-up, it had kind of been a long time coming anyway, and I'm still great friends with the guy. I guess now I can get into dating too, something I never really experienced before. plus dutch guys are mostly implausibly hot so ehehe

Oh also, in the past half year or so I've picked up knitting. A lot of my time goes into that (particularly time when I should be studying).

So yeah, life is pretty chill (okay sorry I've ended up using some really weird words because of the amount of English words that Dutch people (read: my housemates) use when speaking Dutch in places that sound unnatural in English, like the use of 'chill' as a non-specific positive adjective for pretty much anything) good and I might stick around for a while.

tl;dr: um I dunno, hi

Last edited:
Glad to hear everything is going well for you. It's always nice to see old members return and know they're doing fine.

Thanks guys! I did a post in Introductions too, but I thought I'd go into more detail elsewhere, so that was here. I said it there already, but it's weird and comforting to see some of the same old people from years ago still here.

tl;dr: left tcod, got a life

seriously though it's nice to see you, hello!

Back
Top Bottom