• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Emergency Referee Outpost

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Far from ASB Central is a small but tidy building, almost like a hotel, which provides temporary housing for referees working far afield and a place for disgruntled battlers to come if their match has been abandoned. The Emergency Referee Outpost dispatches fresh referees to all the far-flung corners of the pokémon world to oversee those matches forgotten or given up on by other members of the referee squad. Emergency reffing is an unfortunate necessity, but at the same time can be quite lucrative for those willing to jump in and help keep battles rolling towards completion.

Emergency Referee Outpost

If your referee has failed to write a reffing for your match within the DQ time without posting in the Absence Sheet or has stated that he or she will be gone for a long time and are offering his or her battles up for emergency reffing, you may post here to request that a new referee take over your match, at least temporarily. Your post should include the rules for the match, a brief description of how far along it is and, of course, a link back to the battle thread itself so that it is easy to find.

Please do not post here if your referee is just being a little slower than usual or because you have a challenge on the board that has yet to be picked up. Referees do have lives and are offering you their service as a courtesy; if you're unduly demanding, it's likely that no one at all will want to ref for you.

Information for Emergency Referees

For each round of a match your ref as an emergency stand-in, you receive $3 more than you ordinarily would. If you are still functioning as an emergency referee when the battle ends, you receive only half the usual referee prize, however, and the referee who initially handled the match may claim the other half. If the original referee eventually comes back and closes the battle, they too receive only half the prize, and you may claim the other half. If your emergency reffing consisted only of posting that the battle would end in a draw or to DQ someone--i.e. you don't do any actual reffing--you can't claim any money for it; likewise, if the original referee contributed nothing to the battle but posting the thread, they are not eligible to receive any pay for it.

Last edited:
..okay, here I am. Well, my battle vs. Shadowstar has a DQ of 1 week, and it is past 1 week since the last post and our ref, Light Mightyena, hasn't posted a new reffing yet. As far as I know she hasn't made a post in the Absence Sheet or notified me or Shadowstar about her absence. So I'm here to ask for an emergency ref, and.. yeah.

Battle
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

*throws out ref bait and waits*

moon-panther kind of abandoned the match with me and Yanmega. She hasn't reffed once, and both of us have attacked. And we've passed the DQ already.Right here.

..okay, here I am. Well, my battle vs. Shadowstar has a DQ of 1 week, and it is past 1 week since the last post and our ref, Light Mightyena, hasn't posted a new reffing yet. As far as I know she hasn't made a post in the Absence Sheet or notified me or Shadowstar about her absence. So I'm here to ask for an emergency ref, and.. yeah.

Battle
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

*throws out ref bait and waits*

Hasn't notified me or posted in the abcence sheet, I've seen her lurking...

P.S:It's past DQ... Three times.

I have one.

KMew can't possibly still be on his trip started on August 13, because he's posted since then. The challenge's DQ time is one week, and it's been that long and a bit more (I fit in some extra time to see if he would show up). No rounds happened yet.
Emergency ref needed!

That's how I do it, right?

You do not post here asking for a ref. You wait for one to pick up your challenge, and bothering people, as it says in the first post of the challenge board, tends to make refs not want to take your match (especially given that there are rather a lot of challenges that were made over a month ago, so there are people who have been waiting much longer than you have). This topic is for people who already have refs that have not been active. Be patient.

Link.

Keta hasn't posted since Friday, and the DQ time 5 days. It took me a day to notice the DQ. She hasn't posted in the Absence Sheet. Anyone interested?

Speaking of which Lord Shyguy... Negrek Hasn't ref'd and it's been 12-ish days since we posted our attacks, and DQ is one week, and he ain't absent as far as I know... I'm SUPER SORRY if She is absent. Here's the battle

Back
Top Bottom