• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ever meet someone famous?

It's quite the story how I got there, but I got to throw out the ceremonial pitch at a baseball game. I believe the date was July 5th, 2007, Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants. The point is, it was right in the middle of Barry Bonds' home run record hype...

After I threw out the pitch, I walked through the players as they were setting up to get back into the stands. As I passed Barry, I said "Good luck tonight Mr. Bonds!". He nodded and smiled at me. Which is kinda out of character for him. It was awesome. =)

I guess if you think about it, I was right next to just about every player for the San Francisco Giants... does that count?

Met Black Stone Cherry and Jim Marshall (creator of Marshall Amps), today and saw Steve Vai, but the queue to get an autograph was massive! xD

Also met Jaqueline Wilson, Bowling for Soup, Zebrahead, Army of Freshmen and Ross Noble. Thinks that's everyone... =P

I met a couple of players for the Dallas Cowboys when I was like 7. I drew one of them a picture of a tree.

Tony Blair came to my school in about 1997, before he was Prime Minister, but he didn't say much to the children. I've seen a couple of other politicians and various minor celebrities, too.

I served Amanda Holden (that judge on Britain's Got Talent, or whatever) at my workplace once. She looked kind of familiar, but I didn't realise who she was until my manager told me. :P

On a more exciting note, I've also been backstage with DragonForce (Turisas were there too but I never got to talk to them D:) and I met Terji from Tyr. :D

I met a famous singer once (when I was ten) and got their autograph. My hand was in bandages at that time, I remember, and I still have the autograph.

I've met Bill Clinton at a Buffalo Bills football game, Marcel Dionne at one of my brothers hockey games and Oliver Kahn when I went to Germany for a soccer tournament last year

Joe Calzaghe is probably the most famous guy I've met. He used to live near my grandparents or something, I'm not sure, can't remember. Was before he was famous and stuff.
That's about it, I don't think Steven Mulhern is famous enough for this list.

Well, I met a writer nobody has ever heard of. I also met the whole Mariners lineup, but I was like, 5.
My dad is an accountant, and during his travels he has met: Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera (Whole band) Obama, Mccain and The lead guitarist from Kansas. (I don't know his name). I am realated to a famous person. She's my aunt. But I doubt any of you have ever heard of her....

Corey Taylor is one of my friends :D

Slipknot(one of his bands) does alot of recordings in the town next to mine and he's from Des Moines and i'm from Perry (like 15? miles) :D He's alot nicer than he seems, and I like how he has a hard Slipknot voice, but then he can also sing serenely and nicely. it's a nice mixture when most people can only go *MUFFLED GRUNTING* :/

Of course Ozzy :D

there's quite a few more, but I can barely type at the moment, I'll get back to yo-*falls asleep*

Do you mean you met Ozzy? I think my &$#%$ of a sister met Slipknot and Otep at Ozzfest...But you said you weren't into thrash...

EDIT: Me feels like an idiot. I looked at Corey Taylor's page and...WOW. Get me five of his signitures. And a video of him signing them. Then I can sell four of them (With the video to show the are genuine) for high prices! Oh I AM good..

Last edited:
I spent some quality time with Josh Hutcherson and Annasophia Robb in Auckland when they were touring for Bridge to Terabithia. We were just hanging out in the hotel pool, when they were like "Oh by the way we're moviestars..."

I should really just say 'no' and be done with it but I DON'T CARE

My aunt got JK Rowling's signature for me when I was like, eight or nine? Then my brother drew over it during his tracing phase. Sigh.
My uncle shared a flat with Gerard Butler at uni! They studied law at the same time.

On friday I went to see Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto in Torchwood)'s band at some piddly little pub... I crossed him in a doorway and I was all *holds the door* and he was all 'thanks' and I was all 'c:' and really that's not exciting at all. Later I laughed at his singing. The end.

I've seen Aaron Carter (XD I know) but didn't get to meet him.

But I did get an autograph by the members of Gloriana at a Taylor Swift concert.

Twilight Sparkle said:
My uncle shared a flat with Gerard Butler at uni!

....That is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard...

Back
Top Bottom