• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you identify?

• I lack a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • I lack a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I am genderqueer/agendered/gender fluid/any other combination not mentioned here.

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
Two X and identify as female. I don't care much for what is "feminine" or "masculine", though-I'm not particularily any of them. Though, it would actually be fun being a boy for just a day/week just to see what it's like-but I like and prefer being a girl.

Last edited:
Two X. Identify as female.

By identify as female, I mean I deal with a lot of blood on a monthly basis and it's painful. And I like my pretty hair. And that's it.

It's harder for most of us to even get orgasms.

Sounds like a personal problem to me :I
unless you mean an orgasm during sex before the guy has one as I have absolutely no experience in that area

XX, identify as female. I was a total tomboy as a kid, being the only chick in school who was into Pokemon and video games in general (and DINOSAURS) and I've apparently developed strange tastes for things I'll squeal over and call "cute" (reptilian things, like DINOSAURS). But recently I've found myself embracing things people would probably find more feminine, like pretty clothes and wishing I was small enough to wear them, having kids (like, literally having kids, it's a weird fetish I'll probably only get to live out once :<)... and other than having periods I generally like the idea that I'm a woman. If that makes sense.

I'm a man, more or less as straight and "normal" when it comes to gender as you can get. That said, I don't necessarily like "manly" things (I don't watch sports at all, for instance).

It does occur to me that men are dramatically better off than women in the overall big picture of things. A woman has to deal with periods, childbirth, the media's attack on her body image (admittedly this can be a problem for men too), sexism, the necessity to groom for half an hour in the morning if she want to be able to even go outside, and an entire childhood spent in psychological warfare with her fellow women. The only major benefit I can see to being a woman is that women appear to be able to make friends of the same sex more easily than men can, and they often grow closer with other women than men can with other men.

the necessity to groom for half an hour in the morning if she want to be able to even go outside

what

it takes me ten-fifteen minutes at the most normally, half an hour if I'm going to a party or some other occasion

the necessity to groom for half an hour in the morning if she want to be able to even go outside

No offense, but it takes, like, not even a minute to get my hair into position.
Not all women have to perform "beauty-duties", for example I never put on make-up or anything of the sort. I prefer to look like myself :B

Anyway, concerning the poll: XX and female. I'm happy to be a woman and I like to be feminine even though my brain is (at some parts) more masculine than feminine. And I'm stereotypically only interested in manly men~

For some strange reason I do find getting people confused of my gender/sex on the internet fun, which is why I often use male characters as my avatars on forums and such (no idea why it's fun).

I am male and accidently messed up the poll by pressing the wrong button, is there a way to fix that?

I think this is more of a matter of what society in general expects women to do. I have known people who will consider a girl a slob or just look down on her for not wearing makeup. :\

XY, and I identify as male because I am physically male. It wouldn't be that bad if I somehow spontaneously became female or anything, aside from the initial "HOLY SH*T HOW THE F**K DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN* reaction. I don't really care and don't lean toward either stereotype.

that article said:
...I like it more now because I think it's more of a privilege."

Hmm, with all due respect, I disagree with her that being a woman is "a privilege".

Hmm, with all due respect, I disagree with her that being a woman is "a privilege".

I think I can agree with you on this. It's kind of something half of the population is born with. -.-

sofa said:
XY, and I identify as male because I am physically male. It wouldn't be that bad if I somehow spontaneously became female or anything, aside from the initial "HOLY SH*T HOW THE F**K DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN* reaction. I don't really care and don't lean toward either stereotype.

Wow, epic reaction there. : D

I'm biologically and mentally and physically male, although I can be quite feminine at times~

Actually, having the ability to flip at will (along with flipping making me look more different, too) would be AWESOME.

It does occur to me that men are dramatically better off than women in the overall big picture of things. A woman has to deal with periods, childbirth, the media's attack on her body image (admittedly this can be a problem for men too), sexism, the necessity to groom for half an hour in the morning if she want to be able to even go outside, and an entire childhood spent in psychological warfare with her fellow women. The only major benefit I can see to being a woman is that women appear to be able to make friends of the same sex more easily than men can, and they often grow closer with other women than men can with other men.

It's true, and studies generally show that the social things (the expectation to spend time looking good, the psychological warfare, etc) are far more damaging than the biological things like periods. This isn't to say that men get an entirely sweet deal; the expectation of masculinity is very burdensome and is the root cause of the vast amount of homophobia.

Basically, society's concepts of what is masculine and what is feminine is a) crap, and b) damaging to everyone.

Basically, society's concepts of what is masculine and what is feminine is a) crap, and b) damaging to everyone.

I agree 100%. Although amusingly, on the flipside, people expect me to be extremely camp and such purely because of my sexuality and get surprised when they realise that I'm awful with fashion and whatnot. Well, it makes me laugh anyway.

Back
Top Bottom