• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Handedness

What is your handedness?

• Right-handed

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Left-handed

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Ambidextrous (able to use both with equal proficiency)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mixed-handed (able to do some tasks better with left, some with right)

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Ambidextrous, but originally right-handed

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Ambidextrous, but originally left-handed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wasn't even sure there was a word for this (or did OP make it up?), but I'm mixed-handed. I write with my right hand, I open bottles and stuff with my left, and then some tasks I can do equally well with either. It scares my parents sometimes.

Mixed. I'm mostly a righty, but I can weild a melee weapon in either (Though I tend to hit harder with my right), then I can shoot a pistol with both hands. Apart from that, uh.... I don't have much significance in my handly doings. D: I can use a Xbox 360 controller with only my left hand, but not with only my right.

I'm a righty~ Though I try to do stuff with my left hand when I can, so it'll get some exercise and attention ^_^

fun fact: several hundred years ago, you lefties would have been burned at the stake for witchcraft!.

I once went on a school trip to some old museumey place where we got taught as if it were back then, and they forced the lefties to use our right hands. Because of that day I can now write the & symbol and the alphabet backwards rather well with my right hand.

Last edited:
Mixed, in a particularly odd way.

I play guitar left-handedly, but I write right-handedly. I have no idea why this is and it's really annoying, because it's hard to find left-handed guitar books and stuff. I tried to play right-handedly once and almost gave myself hand cramp. >_> My dad's the complete opposite (left-handed but plays right-handedly), and god is it irritating when he's trying to teach me stuff.

I also use the bow left-handedly. Random, but true. Most else is right-handed, but I use a computer mouse left-handedly. I can write alright with my left hand, and I think that my left hand is actually stronger.

I once went on a school trip to some old museumey place where we got taught as if it were back then, and they forced the lefties to use our right hands.

My dad was forced to write with his right-hand (he's only 57), and he's now one of those lefties who's semi-dyslexic because of it. :/

Last edited:
i love how this thread has already caused mindfuck to two people and caused them to write 'right' instead of write

Mixed-handed, because I do almost everything with my right, but in tennis, I do a better backhand than normal. (I used to play tennis, not so much anymore, though.) I also hold a mini-golf club left-handed sometimes and do surprisingly well.

Mixed. I'm mostly a righty, but I can weild a melee weapon in either (Though I tend to hit harder with my right), then I can shoot a pistol with both hands. Apart from that, uh.... I don't have much significance in my handly doings. D: I can use a Xbox 360 controller with only my left hand, but not with only my right.

steele either you're stalking me or you're my clone.

Sometimes with thos old video game systems controllers (Nintendo 64 for example) Playing some games is awfully akward for me. Because usually shoot is the button in the middle and aim is right shoulder. So hard because I try to do both with my right.

I almost never use my left hand - when I'm drawing pictures, especially really long ones (like a four-hour one I did today that didn't turn out very well since I was distracted), I can easily forget I even have a left hand ...

goldenquagsire said:
yeah um sure.

I speak of nunchuks, sais and other karate stuffs. :D

But uh... why is it hard to believe that I have shot/can shoot a pistol? That's pretty common around here. :/ I've shot with eleven-year olds through 4-H. xD

@Brock

How exactly do you play with one hand? I usually have my pinkie on the left joystick, my thumb on the right, then use my index finger and ring finger for the triggers, D-pad and the main set of buttons.

Right hander, but some things I naturally ended up using my left hand for some odd reason (first thing that comes to mind are billiard games).

Back
Top Bottom