• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you act in real life?

I'm hardly different, although I find it a lot harder to make friends online than I do in RL. Also I think I talk about a wider range of topics online.

I'm pretty sure I behave the same way on the Internet as I do in real life, although offline I'm much more shy and quiet and stuff.

I'm very shy and quiet, and prefer that others talk to me rather than me to them. I wish I had better social skills or whatever... people talk about all kinds of stuff and I don't even know what to ask about. I'm more social on the Internet, and it's much easier to talk there.

I'm not even my true self /here/
I am completely myself at the other forum I go to, and offline I can only be myself around a few select people... it sucks

Offline I'm usually quiet and uninteresting because I don't really dare to speak up :|

I dunno what I'd do without the aforementioned "other forum", I really don't

Well I'm not really much different in real life exept I'm really annoying and loud. It's a lot harder for me to make friends in real life.

I'm as much of a dick on the Internet as I am in real life. Only I tend to speak in a smarter/more old-fashioned way, which I don't do too often on here because I don't care what people think on the Internet. A little bit more polite offline, too.

I agree with everything that Negrek said, but if you really want me to sum up how I act here and nothere then:

Offline I tend to be more polite and I also generally have time for everyone. I still don't suffer fools easily or at all, really, but I'm a bit more polite about it. Depending on who I'm with I can be either incredibly outgoing or I'll be that guy who sits there quietly. Sometimes I like to sit there quietly to observe, though. I enjoy people watching.

And contrary to anything surskitty says ever I do have tact. Offline, anyway. Sometimes. Maybe. It's easier to have tact offline because you can actually see the person's face and stuff.

I'm different around different people. I'm pretty relaxed and open around close friends and family, and I actually talk. Otherwise, I'm incredibly shy -- social situations scare me, which I hate. I don't really talk to anyone I don't know well unless I have something to say, and even then I have trouble making myself say anything. I think I'm a little more extroverted than that online.

I'm also really sarcastic; I'm not sure if that's how I act online or not.

Outside of the forum, I'm jolly. If I'm around SuperScyther or in my school, I'll be jolly and say a whole bunch of random things that seem funny to me. If I'm in the mall with my mom or around people I don't know, I'll be timid, and shy.

Well, with me, the way I act depends on my mood. My personality is kind of odd. At school I tend to annoy certain people for the fun of it, tend to be extremely...odd, but at home I'm usually quiet, talking occaisonally, but mainly I just post here. I tend to laugh at nearly anything and can be really irritable depending on my mood. I'm an odd person overall.

I show a lot of emotion. My expressions are barely shown. I like to talk, but it's not full of very much expression. I used to be loud, and now it's like a creepy quiet monotone.

In other words, I'm not very much fun.

Lazy.

BUT THEN I GET IN MOODS WHERE IT'S THE OPPOSITE 'so you know.

Last edited:
Oh, God, I could go on for HOURS on the subject.

I'm pretty much a geek, and I can be pretty competitive if I want to.

And I can cry over ANYTHING. If I stub my toe, I cry. Basically ANYTHING.

And I have a temper. A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig temper.

In short, be glad that you don't know me.

I argue, I'm loud, I wave my arms around, and I can be a jerk.

But I'm also quite the comedian.

I'm pretty shy and quiet in class, but with friends I can easily get very hyper. Especially after I've eaten sugar or candy 83

When someone annoyes me a lot, I attack them. But mostly only on my friends. We call it when we have "click". Not sure what it is in english, or is it click in english? Anyways, click is when you get really angry and you don't care much if you hurt anyone. But I'm getting better, and it's about two years since I last clicked. Though it is quite fun to see your friends run away from you in the school yard, and when you're finished with your click you pretend you can't remember anything of it XD

I remember last time I had a click. That was when one of my friends squirted a huge dose of water at me in a water fight involving two of my friends and me. I ran after them with a wood club in my hands. No one has -fortunatly- ever gotten hurt when I click.

And I'm very caring. If I would ever become a Pokémon I would probably become a splice between a Cyndaquil (Timid), Chansey (Caring) and Nidoking (Rampaging) :/

But don't be afraid if you meet me in real life XD I'm finished with my clicking now :P

Depends who I'm with. I keep to myself outside of my friends and family, but can be quite talkative with them... well, maybe not my family... :P

Here, online, I'm quiet and reserved, usually saving my comments for when they're... I dunno... necessary? The right word escapes me.

Real life, on the other hand...

I'm the kind of guy who can fit into... well, really any social situation. I can hang out with the "cool" kids, then drop to the back of the room to offer my hand and a smile to the new guy. When I'm surrounded by people I don't know... well... I get to know them right quick. In class, I'm usually the one who makes jokes that the whole class, including the teacher, laugh at. I'm generally a very nice, funny, outgoing person, unless something is bothering me. Then I'm just a complete ass to everyone. Which really sucks for people that are just getting to know me, cause they're all like "Does this guy have a mood swing problem or something?", and first impressions are hard to change.

Yeah.

I'm very sensitive and emotional in real-life. I'm talkative, and definitely not shy, but a lot of things will make me upset.

I act the same: I rarely approach anyone I don't already know, but am perfectly fine if approached.

Here, I tend to be patient and friendly, but IRL, I'm like this:
I have a short temper, and when I do lose it, I can get really angry. Generally, I talk back a lot. Despite my ostensible toughness, I'm actually pretty sensitive, which doesn't go well with the personalities of my mother, and sometimes my sister (although not as often). I also can't meet new people comfortably unless I am in an open space.
I also tend to use nicknames for Naruto characters instead of their real names in school and other public places because I'm afraid of being judged if I reveal that I watch Naruto to my classmates, since they don't know anyone who's female and watches it, and something tells me they'll think we (my sister and I) watch it.
One last thing: Here, I make sense. In real life, I'm crazy. I have a hyper imagination, and always drift into thought. Speaking of thought, I tend to think a lot in real life. I mean a lot.
That's it. I guess.

I'm timid irl. I think more, and I don't speak up at anything, really. If I don't really know a person, I tend to stay away from them and avoid talking.

...Hm, I'm like that on IRC, actually. ._.

Back
Top Bottom