• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Thoughts, Questions and Ideas

Why is reading so important? Why am I forced to read every genre when I don't like any of it and would rather make up my own stories? Stories about things that could never happen in real life...

(Ironically, I just finished Fahrenheit 451, which is all about how reading died.)

Because you have to read a lot no matter what the career and books can sometimes expand your vocabulary and intelligence.

Why is it that I can't think of anything good to say or do when I need to, but looking back on it just a few minutes later, I effortlessly think of what could have been the perfect thing to say or do?

(Ooh, I love Fahrenheit 451~ I need to buy that book.)

How late should I stay up? Should I stay up until 1 AM? What should I do, anyway? Should I watch a movie, stay online, or go play FFVII? Will there even be school tommorow? I hope not. I've already stayed up pretty late. Why do people always congregate in little groups and cliques there? What's the big fuss? And why do they always have their own little language or injokes?

Why do they sell luggage at airports? Can you imagine some guy walking around holding a pile of clothes and seeing a luggages tore and saying "Oh! What a relief! A suitcase!"

^ I saw a comedian talk about that.

Why is it that stuff I really want always comes out right after I spend my money on other stuff?

^ (Because the Gods are out to get you.)

They say seeing is believing. So does that mean if you stick your hand in front of your face when it is pitch-black, do you exist?

(Ha! Take that you Atheists!!!)

What will I do for my zombie plan?

"There's two kinds of people in the world, Doc. Those who have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't. We call those last people dinner."

"war is peace
Feedom is slavery
ignorance is strength"
- the depatment of truth

wondering wher on earth did I find that !?! 0.0
Holy fuck you don't recognize 1984!? Also your spelling sucks.
Eew... my armpits stink... And I took a shower today!
Have you ever heard of 'deodorant'? And 'washing underneath your arms again'?
shiny jiggly said:
What is the difference between brown sugar and regular sugar besides flavor and color?
White sugar is purified and I think bleached too.
Or, who first invented inventing? O_.
What, you mean. also you're not deep stop trying
Why is reading so important? Why am I forced to read every genre when I don't like any of it and would rather make up my own stories? Stories about things that could never happen in real life...
Because: a. you suck at writing (as does 99.9% of this forum); b. it helps your vocabulary improve; c. you might be inspired by it; d. you kind of need cultural context if you're going to try to evoke emotions of other things that might have influenced people before; and e. because dude what why are you asking that.
He fills some bottles up at the tap and sells at ridiculous prices something we can get for free. Genius.
PSSSSSST WATER BILLS HAVE YOU HEARD OF THEM

Yeah, see, things have been using tools for quite a while and a lot of those aren't 'whos': they're 'whats'. Many birds are tool-users, for example.

... dude what @ pond water. Do you have any idea how nasty that would be? A lot of well-water is badly polluted and that's in a well: that can't have absolutely anything going into it.

Nope, you shouldn't buy bottled water on principle. Take a bottle with you from home and give the money you'd otherwise spend to projects doing things like building wells in African villages. Simple, eh?

Back
Top Bottom