• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Completed Element (Now with obligatory TCoD references!)

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind when I revise this. But does that mean it's better when it only focuses on Kenji (or just one person, instead of rapidly-switching viewpoints). Also, are you saying that the clone battle was cliché? Actually, I did notice that, but I thought it was fitting for the occasion. But when did Harris help Kenji? =P

Anyway, that aside...

[size=+2]Chapter 31[/size]
The Final Battle​

The elevator soon came to a stop after a very long ascension. It was now level with the new floor.

Kenji looked forward. They were in a small hallway, only a little bigger than the castle’s entrance chamber. Behind them there was nothing. In front of them, at the end of the room, was a gigantic door. It was very wide, and about seven feet tall, its top making a wide half-circle. The edges of the door were lined with large silver beads, reflecting what little light the chamber’s black torches could provide. The door itself was colored an extremely dark purple, which fit almost perfectly into the darkness of the castle.

“Here it is,” Harris said, “This is the door to Dakar’s throne room.”

Kenji didn’t hesitate to walk up to it. “So,” he said teasingly, “You ready this time?”

Harris chuckled half-heartedly. “Of course I am!” He then walked up beside Kenji, and put one hand on the door.

It shook, and then a small crease appeared in the exact center. The two halves that it formed slowly began to open into the Throne Room. Soon, the door was completely open, and Kenji and Harris stepped through.

The moment they were both inside, the door slammed shut behind them. Kenji looked around at the room. It was exactly as he’d thought it would look like, with stone-gray walls and no furnishings. This room, however, was the biggest that he’d seen in the entire castle so far. There were black torches on the walls, and on the opposite end of the room was a stone chair—elegantly crafted, but hard and gray. On the chair sat Dakar, smiling.

Dakar slowly rose from his throne and floated through the air towards the boys. He stopped in the center of the room, and smiled.

“Harris and Kenji,” he said. “I congratulate you on finally making it here. I must say, though, I’m not terribly surprised that the castle’s traps didn’t kill you.” He stroked his chin, thinking. “Although the carnivorous welcome mats should have done better…”

Harris stepped forward, pointing his wand at Dakar. “Give it up, Dakar,” he said confidently. Kenji noticed that this time he didn’t even appear to be the slightest bit afraid. “We’ve got you cornered, and there’s nowhere to run!”

Dakar grinned. “Oh, I’ve got plenty of places I could escape to if necessary. But the final fight—for you at least—is at hand, and I’d love to take part in it. And don’t forget…” He waved his arm to the side. “We’re fighting on my home turf. There’s no telling what’s going to happen.”

This time, Kenji spoke. “But here’s the thing,” he said, his wand glowing rainbow, “Now we’ve uncovered your true weakness. Once you’re hit with this, you’re just as vulnerable as we are,”

Dakar shook his head. “Not if you can’t hit me in the first place.”

Jumping back and readying a Rainbow Beam, Kenji continued. “Not even your teleportation can save you from our attacks!”

Dakar frowned. “I tire of this pointless chatter. It is finally time to fight, is it not?”

Harris nodded.

“In that case,” Dakar said, “En garde!”

His first attack was aimed at Kenji, a Shadow Scythe. Jumping to the side, he abandoned the Rainbow Beam. Right now, he had to defend—the shield breaker could come later. As his wand turned black, he raised it into the air and casted a shield of Darkness around himself. He jumped over to Harris, who was simultaneously dodging dark blasts and countering them.

“Harris,” he said quickly, “Take the defense. I’ll break his defenses.”

“Got it,” Harris immediately replied, jumping in front of Kenji and putting up a Light Wall. Kenji meanwhile, began to refocus his energy into his wand. Just one rainbow beam was all it would take, that was all.

He looked up at Dakar. Now he was dueling Harris, and they were hitting a ball of Light energy back and forth. Perfect, a distraction. Kenji ran sideways, and pointed his wand at Dakar. “Rainbow Beam!”, he yelled, and unleashed the beam of energy.

Dakar grinned, though, and just before the attack was about to hit there was a flash of darkness. The Rainbow Beam hit the wall, exploding. Meanwhile, Kenji was hurled forwards, following his failed attack. He spun around. Dakar had actually dodged that?

Harris was noticeably frowning, and went up for another blow with his wand. This time, however, Dakar spread his arms out, letting loose an unavoidable wave of darkness. Harris quickly made a Light Wall, which took the brunt of the attack; Kenji, though, was hit.

He was knocked back again by the attack. He wasn’t faring as well in this battle as he ought to be, and it was time to change that. He slowly began to add Light particles into the air, too small to see, and then ran up to Dakar. Spinning out of the way of another blast of darkness, he let the Light form closer together, condensing right on top of Dakar. There was a focused explosion, and Dakar was knocked back. That wasn’t as fast as he had hoped to do the job, but regardless of how long it took it had worked.

Harris ran forward, shooting Light Slashes, while Kenji ran forward as well. It was truly time for the Rainbow Beam to hit now. As quickly as he could, he condensed energy into his wand, preparing to let loose the devastating attack.

Dakar, though, suddenly disappeared in a flash of darkness, reappearing on the other side of the room. Kenji spun around, pointing his wand at him. There was no escaping this time.

But Dakar wasn’t done yet. With a snap of his fingers, the air beside Kenji exploded with Darkness, throwing him back. Within seconds, the room was covered in rapid explosions of pure dark energy. Kenji hurriedly thrust up his wand, turning it white, and created a Light Shield. Across the room, he saw Harris do the same, shooting more attacks at Dakar. Wow, he was really giving it his all.

Kenji ran across the room again—He wasn’t just going to hit Dakar any more. He had to immobilize him first—then he couldn’t dodge. Kenji motioned to Harris, bathing his wand in Light and pointing at Dakar. But Harris was too busy giving and returning attacks. Kenji himself soon had to jump over a Shadow Scythe.

“Harris!”, he called, getting Harris to successfully jump back and hurriedly glance over. Kenji made his gesture again, and this time Harris understood. Immediately, along with Kenji, he stopped attacking and began to gather energy from his inner reserves. At the same time, both Kenji and Harris pointed their wands at Dakar, both of their wands’ globes glowing with a pure white.

Then, at the same time, both Kenji and Harris let loose their own beam of pure Light Energy—a simultaneous Light Beam. Dakar let loose a wave of Darkness, but it had barely any effect on the beams—they both hit him hard and directly.

Now that he was immobilized, it was time for the final attack. “Keep it up!”, he called to Harris, running forward and focusing energy. Sure enough, Harris kept the Light Beam going. Kenji soon stopped in front of Dakar, pointing his wand at him.

Harris let go of the beam, and Kenji could hear him start to pant. Well, this battle was almost over. There was a flash in the room. Kenji was ready.

“Rainbow Beam!”, he yelled, unleashing his final attack on Dakar. It was a direct hit. Dakar screamed in pain. It was ear splitting, chilling, eerie, and full of the agony of pure darkness.

Despite the screams, Kenji kept the attack going. This wasn’t the end yet! He continued to fire the beam. Hopefully he could finish Dakar off for good before his energy reserves ran out.

Then, the beam stopped. Kenji stepped back, kneeling to the ground. He was panting hard. He could feel it—his energy was almost gone. It was a good thing he’d succeeded in the Rainbow Beam.

He pushed himself to his legs with a lot of effort. Harris ran up to him. Was that it? Had he succeeded? He looked around. Dakar was nowhere to be seen.

~~~​

Chapter Notes
-This is the tune I was listening to while I typed this chapter.
-It's not quite over yet...

[size=+2]Chapter 32[/size]
Rage of the Fallen​

Kenji looked tiredly at Harris. “Did we get him?”, he stammered.

Harris frowned. “I think so,” he said, “But then again—Dakar’s not the one to go down quietly. He could just be hiding.”

Kenji nodded. “I don’t think the Rainbow Beam defeated him completely. But,” he looked around, puzzled, “Where is he?”

“Come on out, Dakar!”, Harris yelled. “Are we going to finish this or are you going to chicken out like the coward you truly are?”

Suddenly, from right in front of Kenji came a Dark Beam. Taken completely by surprise, Kenji had no time to dodge the attack—he was thrown back, and almost knocked unconscious. Then, Dakar appeared where the beam had come from. His body was now noticeably darker, now the purest black in existence, and he had a Dark aura surrounding him.

“You little—”, Harris yelled as he shot a Light Slash at Dakar, who effortlessly teleported out of the way.

“Give it up, Harris,” Dakar rasped. “There’s nothing you can do to defeat me!”

“But your shield is gone. You’ve got no defense against my attacks.”

Dakar grinned. “Yes, and likewise, without your friend Kenji there to help you, you’ve got no defense against any of my attacks.”

“Still,” Harris said, “If I use a heal capsule, I’ll have much more power than you. What then?”

Dakar grinned evilly. “Then, I do this!” He raised his hands to the air, laughing evilly, more evilly than he’d ever laughed before. Suddenly, the room started to shake. Rocks began to fall from the ceiling, and cracks began to firm in the floor.

Harris immediately spun around, pulling out his last heal capsule, and dived toward Kenji. But he was too late.

Just before his feet left the floor, it cracked under him, breaking entirely. The entire floor of the room exploded violently, disintegrating it.

Harris screamed as he fell. Was this the end? Was there any way he could stop falling? But Kenji was unconscious. He couldn’t protect either of them.

Then, he saw a faint glimmer below. Without warning, he crashed down onto an invisible platform, looking like glass but definitely made of magic, which was reflecting light faintly. The wind was knocked out of his body, his hand opening by force.

The heal capsule dropped out. Upon hitting the ground, it burst open, enveloping his body in a pink light. He gasped. How was he going to heal Kenji?

Jumping to his feet with newly provided energy, he grabbed his wand off of the invisible ground and rushed to Kenji’s side. He looked down upon his friend. Kenji was barely alive. Still alive, but only barely. Harris opened his backpack, searching around in it.

He felt nothing.

What? Kenji didn’t have any Heal Capsules left either? But that meant he was on his own—against Lord Dakar!

He spun around, just as Dakar teleported to the other side of the room. “What have you done?” he yelled with rage.

Dakar laughed menacingly. “Oh, I’ve just put your friend in mortal danger, as well as made myself perfectly equipped to defeat you!”

Harris cringed. “No!”, he cried, “I’m not going to let you win!”

Dakar laughed. “How stubborn. In that case, so be it! It’s time for the true final battle! Time to finish what you started so soon ago.”

Harris was silent. It was unavoidable. He had no choice but to duel Dakar one last time. He sighed, glancing over at Kenji. Then, slowly, he quietly began to speak. “ARES,” he said, “Protect Kenji.”

Suddenly, an invisible barrier formed around Kenji’s body.

Dakar laughed. “Are you done yet?”

Harris turned to him. “It’s time to settle this once and for all.” He raised his wand in the air. “I won’t let you get away with what you’ve done! Right now comes the fall of Lord Dakar!”

~~~​

Chapter Notes
-This is all I'm gonna write for today. I'll probably finish this story tomorrow, or tuesday. It'll probably cap around 47,000 words.
-Up next: The TRUE Final battle!

Thanks for the advice.
No problem

I'll keep that in mind when I revise this. But does that mean it's better when it only focuses on Kenji (or just one person, instead of rapidly-switching viewpoints)?
Yes, it means it's better if it only focuses on one person because it gets the extent of the battle. Which means more excitement which means more epicness.

Also, are you saying that the clone battle was cliché? Actually, I did notice that, but I thought it was fitting for the occasion.
It was cliché, but you didn't make to much of a big deal of it. (Normally, the evil lord is defeated, and then uses his last resort-the hero's clone-whilst he recovers and puts his evil plan into action.)

But when did Harris help Kenji? =P
You know what I mean, damnit.

[size=+2]Chapter 33[/size]
The True Final Battle​

Harris launched forward, and as his wand glowed white he swung it through the air at Dakar. A Light Slash emerged, flying through the air with a flash of Light. It was met by a Shadow Scythe, which cut through it and flew toward Harris.

Harris immediately stopped and ducked, allowing the attack to fly right over his head. Then, he quickly raised his wand in the air and cast a veil of Light around himself. No sooner had he done so than the Light Shield was met by a blast of darkness.

It was time to full-out attack. Harris sent another few Light Slashes at Dakar, and hopped back to a good scouting location. Sure enough, as expected, Dakar teleported out of the way. As he reappeared, he was met by more Light Slashes.

Teleporting out of the way again, Dakar appeared behind Harris. Harris, however, jumped forward and spun around, nailing Dakar in the chest with his wand, streaming with Light. Dakar was knocked back, and Harris took advantage of his immobility to jump forward again, knocking him again and again. Soon, Dakar was backed against the wall, forced into taking attack after attack from Harris.

Well, that was perfect. Harris’s wand soon stopped glowing with Light, but he continued to nail Dakar repeatedly. As soon as he got this Light Beam off, Dakar would be completely done for. He dealt a last blow, and then pointed his wand at his enemy, hurriedly releasing the blast of energy.

Unfortunately, the moment’s necessary pause allowed Dakar just enough time to escape, and he teleported out of the way with a smile. Harris quickly tried to spin around, but he was too late—his Light Beam had already been shot. Stopping the attack as soon as he could, he spun around, only to have to put up a Light Wall to block the next attack.

This was starting to get overly annoying. Why weren’t his attacks working? He sucked in his Light shield and threw a wave of Light through the room, such that Dakar wouldn’t be able to dodge the attack. Sure enough, he was knocked back with a grunt.

Dakar scowled, and struck back with a boomerang of solid darkness. Harris dived out of the way, struggling to get up. But then, the boomerang unexpectedly turned right around. Harris tried to spin out of the way, but was caught on the arm. He gasped at the sudden pain, which soon disappeared as the boomerang faded into the air.

He looked nervously at his arm. Great. It was bleeding badly, the skin having been cut. Well, now he had a weak spot. He would have to protect that as best he could.

Dakar wasn’t even close to done yet, though. He held out his hand and a mass of Darkness slowly appeared in it. Harris created a new Light Shield, again being just in time—Dakar tossed the mass of darkness at Harris, who jumped away and shot a Light Slash at his opponent.

The moment the mass of Darkness hit the ground, it exploded violently. Harris was glad he’d gotten away when he had—that blast would have been devastating. He jumped back, readying another attack. This time, he shot an actual blast of Light—One that would, hopefully, explode.

Sure enough, the moment Dakar’s retaliation hit the blast there was a violent explosion of Light and Darkness. Harris frowned. This was taking too long. How much more fighting was it going to take to defeat this guy?

Suddenly, an idea popped into Harris’s head. If Dakar could manipulate explosions, than so could he! Flicking his wand forward, he made a large explosion next to Dakar. The stick figure was thrown to the side, having been caught completely off-guard. Harris laughed. He didn’t even stand a chance!

Seizing the chance, Harris ran forward and delivered more Light Slashes. Dakar was hit by every single one, and the vacancy of activity gave Harris a chance to ready himself for close combat. His wand glowed with a shimmering Light, and he swung it through the air at his foe.

Then, without warning, a club of pure darkness appeared in Dakar’s hand and parried the blow as Dakar floated back to his feet. Grasping the club, Harris’s enemy gave a mighty swing at him.

Harris smiled. That was not a usable tactic—It was way too predictable. Grasping his wand hard, he blocked the attack and delivered one more of his own. Dakar spun out of the way with unexpected agility, and swiped at Harris again, this time also shooting a blast of darkness.

With no time to think, Harris immediately dragged his wand through the air and created a Light Wall. Both the blast and the blow collided against it, and Harris shot a narrow blast of Light back at Dakar before jumping back to his starting position.

The club disappeared from Dakar’s hand, and he began to shoot blasts of darkness—so plentiful and so fast that they were all a dangerous threat. Harris sprinted forward, dodging out of the way of all of the blasts. Just as he got to Dakar, though, his enemy coated himself in flames and shot a cascade of fire directly in front of Harris. Forced to retreat, Harris jumped back, but not before firing a Light Slash in exchange.

No sooner had he backed away, however, then Dakar raised his arms, sending a huge gale through the room, filled with dark energy. Harris cringed, putting up another Light Shield. That was indeed a painful attack, that shadow wind. He didn’t like that at all.

But that was why he had to win this battle. Immediately, he began to charge a Light Beam. He couldn’t keep going any longer. Dakar continued to attack, but thankfully the Light Shield absorbed it. Then, it was finally time.

Harris pointed his wand at Dakar, letting loose the beam of Light. Dakar had no time to dodge, but instead retaliated with his own beam of darkness. The two gigantic masses of energy connected in the center of the arena, exploding against each other.

Harris could see that his opponent was getting weary; but Harris was definitely in the worse situation. It was taking enough energy to sustain the Light Beam as it was—And Dakar had the benefit of being able to absorb energy from the air around him. But he only had to sustain the attack for a little longer…

Then, Dakar smiled. “It’s over, Harris,” he rasped menacingly. “Though I do admit you’ve given me the greatest challenge so far.”

Harris scowled. “No! I’m not going to let you win! Even if it costs me my life, I’m not going to let you win!”

“So be it,” Dakar said. “I’ll have you know that right now I am storing extra energy. You won’t succeed.”

His words were lost, though, as Harris struggled to sustain his beam of Light. He was rapidly running out of energy… He was almost done for. Just a little more, though! He could manage a little more!

Dakar laughed faintly. “Goodbye, Harris,” he said as he released an added burst of power in his Dark Beam. It expanded, engulfing Harris. Harris screamed. No… He had… lost…

• • •​

Kenji’s eyes pushed themselves open. Where was he? He felt a crippling pain all over his body. He looked down. There was no floor. Was he dead? No, Harris and Dakar were fighting over there—

Wait, Harris and Dakar were fighting?

Kenji gasped inaudibly. Owwww…it hurt to gasp. That was pathetic. He tried to push himself to his feet, but there was just more pain. All he could do was watch as a beam of Darkness engulfed Harris. Harris screamed.

Suddenly, something disappeared in front of Kenji. He stared. Was that—Yes, it was an invisible barrier. Did he still have energy left? Well, there was only one way to find out.

Kenji painfully moved his hand forward, his wand spontaneously appearing inside it. He pointed at Dakar.

“Rain…Bow…Beam…”

Suddenly, a gigantic beam of all the colors of the rainbow burst out of Kenji’s wand, flying toward the unaware Dakar. Without expecting the blow, the lord of darkness was hit, and was sent flying backwards, still trapped within the beam.

With his last energy, Kenji smiled. He had dealt the final blow.

[size=+2]Chapter 34[/size]
Ultimatum​

Dakar screamed. It was piercing, a scream of pure darkness, of hopelessness. It was an ear-hurting scream, terrible and hideous. Kenji cringed—But still he did not let go of the attack.

Then it stopped. Kenji felt something disappear underneath him. What was that? He’d have to get details from Harris later, if they both even lived.

Well, that was all he could do. Dakar was dead. He had saved Aemana.

Kenji smiled faintly with the last of his conscious strength, feeling joy, and confidence. Then, he closed his eyes, letting the everlasting blackness embrace him.

The End​

Back
Top Bottom